*****The Official Livingston V Rangers Match Thread*****

5 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

The chance was there last season. We should have pushed for a vote that all top flight teams must have a grass pitch. 

At that point only livingston would have opposed. 

Now you have them and Kilmarnock back in the league. 

Preaching to the converted here, I made the same point earlier in this thread as to why we did not take the opportunity to call for a vote on this when we had the chance. We could have had these abominations gone and while I do understand why clubs like Livi see the advantages in artificial surfaces (training, less groundstaff etc), they (plastic pitches) have no place at the supposed top level of professional football. 

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Who played 3 holding midfielders? Another excuse made for him when you’re just talking shite :lol: 

Formation was pretty much. Never saw Lawrence in an attacking position.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He’s shite during the game, we win and he’s not :lol: @esquire8

4894EE2D-19C6-40CA-AC90-4E257EBA0EBE.jpeg

Again, first half.

Mong.

20 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

He set up the goal to send us on our way and set up a perfectly good one too before that. 

Still gets the "he's shite treatment" 

Sadly a small group of folk can never admit they got it wrong and give the boy the credit he deserves. Second half he stepped it up and was a huge factor for our win.

He is one of the only players we have who will run at a man and try and create something. He constantly has two men on him as other managers recognise his ability and his dangers. Sometimes it doesn't come off but the same people slating him on every thread are nowhere to be seen when he does something positive. Got an assist today and should have had two. Also put in some cracking balls where we should have got more. One of these players we will miss when he's gone imo.

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

He is one of the only players we have who will run at a man and try and create something. He constantly has two men on him as other managers recognise his ability and his dangers. Sometimes it doesn't come off but the same people slating him on every thread are nowhere to be seen when he does something positive. Got an assist today and should have had two. Also put in some cracking balls where we should have got more. One of these players we will miss when he's gone imo.

He's incredible for our level.

24 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I find it baffling considering the lack of recent criticism directed at the guy on his opposite wing. If Kent played the way / offered anything as little like that of Wright then people would be chasing him down PRW with pitch forks. And that is normally with about two additional players on him.

We'd all wish he would have more of a goal scoring final product, however, the probable and sad reality in this day and age is if that were to be the case he'd have been off to a different league by now.

1 minute ago, Ibrox_Nights said:

I find it baffling considering the lack of recent criticism directed at the guy on his opposite wing. If Kent played the way / offered anything as little like that of Wright then people would be chasing him down PRW with pitch forks. And that is normally with about two additional players on him.

We'd all wish he would have more of a goal scoring final product, however, the probable and sad reality in this day and age is if that were to be the case he'd have been off to a different league by now.

I think Wright is very limited and am not a fan but can understand Kent getting more criticism TBF due to his price tag. Much more expectation.

25 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I think Wright is very limited and am not a fan but can understand Kent getting more criticism TBF due to his price tag. Much more expectation.

Obviously that is entirely true, although, given what he has delivered, also while domestically having two to three opponents on him virtually every game, I just don't think you can knock his overall contribution.

4 hours ago, northern bear said:

Shite pitch but a wins a win. Second half I thought we were OK. Lawrence was a bit disappointing but 1st game I suppose. He should have went through the defender / ball in second half when tav headed it towards/across the goal

Of course it's very early days , but I was also disappointed in Lawrence today,  he had looked good in pre season,  but I still think he will be a huge player for us this season, 

Gio's subs were spot on. Especially Arfield and Sands, which felt a bit contentious at the time, it gave us an extra threat going forward and more control at the back. 

First half was dreadful, but if you lose a goal like we did so early in the game then the game was always likely to pan out like it did. 

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

He set up the goal to send us on our way and set up a perfectly good one too before that. 

Still gets the "he's shite treatment" 

Sadly a small group of folk can never admit they got it wrong and give the boy the credit he deserves. Second half he stepped it up and was a huge factor for our win.

Should have had an assist for that offside goal too. I thought he had a great second half and was far too isolated first half.

Borna too slow to support in the first half, was better in the second and Tillman got closer to help occupy the midfielder that had been doubling up on him. 

Great result , couldn’t see us scoring at all today good subs from gio

arfield and sands were good , soutar awful  and colak will be luckily to score 5 goals all season,  must have been 20 odd crosses in that first half 

never got on the end of any,don’t see anything about him, where as the livi forward looked a handful

6 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

Should have had an assist for that offside goal too. I thought he had a great second half and was far too isolated first half.

Borna too slow to support in the first half, was better in the second and Tillman got closer to help occupy the midfielder that had been doubling up on him. 

When we have Matondo, Tillman and Lawrence up to speed Kent will become more involved and have the freedom to hurt teams.

Our attack when all fit will be good to watch.

13 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

Of course it's very early days , but I was also disappointed in Lawrence today,  he had looked good in pre season,  but I still think he will be a huge player for us this season, 

Yes, I still think he will come good but needs more time 

28 minutes ago, Ibrox_Nights said:

Obviously that is entirely true, although, given what he has delivered, also while domestically having two to three opponents on him virtually every game, I just don't think you can knock his overall contribution.

Oh I don't mate. I think he needs to improve his numbers but he's far from shite as some say. That's borderline mental thinking he's shite.

3 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

Hopefully your right, everything seems a struggle though and he was 10 points down on celtic since his arrival. Really think we need a new 1st choice striker to win the league.

That's just Rangers though:lol:

There was definetely a switch after that parkhead game and certainly performances picked up. His PPG against the rest is higher than postecoglu's . Those two losses against them killed us but then in the last two we were probably the better side. So there are signs of progression which is why I'm feeling positive.

In terms of a striker it depends what happens with Alfie. Today we really missed his link up play and coming deep. I think we missed a little bit of the same with Roofe who would get involved with general play. 

Colak is just a big number 9 by the looks of it. Wont offer too much but just needs one or two touches to be effective. We seen with his "offside" goal that if we service him he will score goals.