*****The Official Livingston V Rangers Match Thread*****

24 minutes ago, AGC123 said:

Tav once again stepped forward. I’ve gave Him hell since the herts presser but nobody can argue overall he’s been great value as a captain. Baw hair from euro champions, contributed key goals along the way. Boys got earned a pardon now. 🇬🇧 

Upper body strength is underrated too, lost count of the amount of times he shoulders players off the ball and takes it off them.

13 hours ago, Ivybank said:

Great result , couldn’t see us scoring at all today good subs from gio

arfield and sands were good , soutar awful  and colak will be luckily to score 5 goals all season,  must have been 20 odd crosses in that first half 

never got on the end of any,don’t see anything about him, where as the livi forward looked a handful

I personally think that’s harsh while Tav etc improved the second half, for most of the game the crosses were booted to the other side of the park, Hateley would have struggled to get any.

Out of the 2/3ish things that came his way the best cross in he scored well and it should have been called onside.

Agree about the subs though that’s been plenty of times now Gio has made changes that clearly effect the game, it’s good to see.

edit - had that been the likes of Morelos but he shoulder tackled a few people everyone would be singing his praises on here

I thought we did alright yesterday. Dominated the ball, but thought played within ourselves slightly and we were wasteful with chances until the goal was given offside. 

Souttar didn't have a good game at all, but Sands was a lot more composed.  Lawrence was probably too far forward and wasn't linking play as we would like, but there is a player in there. And as much as some people think Arfield is done, the man steps up when needed and got us a vital goal. We don't have many players who make the runs he does. 

3 points in the bag at a tough ground, more minutes in some of the new guys. Thought Tillman looked good when he came on, lots of positivity and forward running.

15 hours ago, Ivybank said:

Great result , couldn’t see us scoring at all today good subs from gio

arfield and sands were good , soutar awful  and colak will be luckily to score 5 goals all season,  must have been 20 odd crosses in that first half 

never got on the end of any,don’t see anything about him, where as the livi forward looked a handful

‘Never got in end of any’

apart from the goal he scored 😂

ffs

21 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Barisic is finished, shitebag.

Souttar should be 5th choice

Kent rotten 

Colak was woeful.

Arfield done well when he came on

Kent got an assist, had another unfairly chopped off and was involved in the build up to the freekick.

Colak also had a goal incorrectly chopped.

I think part of the problem with Kent is the league knows it’s all we’ve got that can create. Hopefully when we’ve Tillman and Matondo as other attacking options they double up on him less. 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Kent got an assist, had another unfairly chopped off and was involved in the build up to the freekick.

Colak also had a goal incorrectly chopped.

I think part of the problem with Kent is the league knows it’s all we’ve got that can create. Hopefully when we’ve Tillman and Matondo as other attacking options they double up on him less. 

At times they double up on him because he's slow to do his wee twists and shimmies. 

Needs to vary it more for me with early crosses, slide through passes etc. Hes actually pretty predictable. Having Barisic overlap him would be helpful for him too. 🙄

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

At times they double up on him because he's slow to do his wee twists and shimmies. 

Needs to vary it more for me with early crosses, slide through passes etc. Hes actually pretty predictable. Having Barisic overlap him would be helpful for him too. 🙄

A better LB and RW and hopefully we see a bit more from him. 

21 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

A better LB and RW and hopefully we see a bit more from him. 

With Barasic when he pushes on he leaves acres of space behind him and he isn't great at getting back. 

Ridvan will be a big improvement on that front. Really looking forward to seeing him 

Just watched Sportscene.

Zero mention of the potential sending off, not even a mention of the actual yellow card. (Despite them showing contentious decisions in other matches)

Only thing they mention about Colak’s disallowed goal was it was “so close, so close”. Nothing in the post match segment.

They did spend some time on how Rangers “dodged a bullet” with a soft decision when Livi had the ball in the net.

Business as usual I suppose, but disappointing to see.

19 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Just watched Sportscene.

Zero mention of the potential sending off, not even a mention of the actual yellow card. (Despite them showing contentious decisions in other matches)

Only thing they mention about Colak’s disallowed goal was it was “so close, so close”. Nothing in the post match segment.

They did spend some time on how Rangers “dodged a bullet” with a soft decision when Livi had the ball in the net.

Business as usual I suppose, but disappointing to see.

Every bit of commentary or analysis of the decision has some comment like this or "that's really tight". Not a single "just a fraction off".

Was raging when I saw it yesterday. Far more contentious offsides will be given as goals this year.