Gio to blame

RangersMedia

10 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Still cannae believe he a.  Played three defensive players in midfield  against that shite.  B.  Then brought on two defensive players when we needed a goal. 

we won’t be playing CL football this season absolutely no chance.  Two months ago we were WINNING a European final, now weee getting parped out of Europe by a team I’d e ever even heard of until a few weeks ago.

ABSOLUTELY FUCKING EMBARRASSING!!

We didn’t. It was worse than that. We only had 2 in midfield. The other defensive midfielder was in central defence.

Gio fucked up. Hope to fuck he can fix it next week.

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

You do realise this is how we've played for 4 years now, its not something new

Aware of that but if you want to fix it you don’t bring in someone who’s known for it. 

Gio normally has the knack of fixing it at HT like he did on Saturday. Got it very wrong tonight, it happens.

Just now, Broxi said:

I know this will seem like a reaction to tonight but other than the Europa League which he did amazingly in, I'm still not convinced about Gio outwith that. League has been poor. 

But you also can't just ignore the EL and SC, so I'll just say I'll wait and see for now but need to see better personally 

Gio made a cunt of it tonight but wasn’t helped by any of his players, blames on them as much as him.

Not saying anything mad like questioning his position, just a very, very poor night at the office.

I won't be a hypocrite and say I wasn't behind the team tonight.

However, I certainly wouldn't have been as keen if I knew that Lundstram was playing as a CB.

For someone who normally has very solid game management Gio had a really, really off night. 

Half time was a huge opportunity to turn this tie and we fucked it, a massive mountain to climb.

He's put himself under pressure already, playing a back three/five and only one up through the middle is criminal, I know we have injuries but this side to side then backwards is clearly not working, we need to attack much more even if it means mixing it up from time to time, any half decent defence will be comfortable against us right now, very worrying even this early.

Plenty thought a back 5 would have worked. Idea was okay.

Having seen how poor Borna was, how shite the 2 Midfielders were and Sands looked terrible.

It took far too long for changes. Wasnt their defense pretty much EFL 1 level, yet we offered fuck all in the final 3rd. 

I said (obviously far too soon) that Colak is not the answer. I stick by it though. We need a player that when Alfie isn't around, can threaten his place. Roofe does to degree. Colak isn't that. Including friendlies he must have had about 3 shots on target. He might come good but I dont see it.

Jack should have been off at HT, Tillman moved inside, and Wright (even though the cunt is useless) on the right and Rabbi on the on thhe left.

Either way no cunt on the park looked up for it as much as they did.

Goldson on the ball at times was horrific.

10 minutes ago, murzo said:

Not attack minded enough but it didn’t help that players couldn’t even manage simple passes and gave possession away far too much. A bad night all round but hopefully a more positive second leg with the team set up to attack.

We havent been attack minded for years.

Saturday and tonight we've came out and played negative side to side passing & created very little 

Even with Morelos on tonight, I honestly don't think it would've made a huge difference, we were that negative he wouldn't have been able to get involved 

European run last season gives Gio some time but really don't see him as the guy to win us the title, he's just far too negative vs the shite we'll play every week 

29 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

- 3 at the back with our best midfielder in defence 

- Clear issues with the formation and team and no changes at half time

- Tillman and Matondo both absolutely horrific yet only subbed once we went 2-0 down 

- Chose to sit off them instead of press high

- Davies and Yilmaz sat on the bench

- Chasing a goal at the end and only made 4 subs with Sakala sat on the bench 

Agreed

started well then dropped lundstram back vs a team we are better than and let them come onto us.

was shocking tbh 

10 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

I won't be a hypocrite and say I wasn't behind the team tonight.

However, I certainly wouldn't have been as keen if I knew that Lundstram was playing as a CB.

For someone who normally has very solid game management Gio had a really, really off night. 

Half time was a huge opportunity to turn this tie and we fucked it, a massive mountain to climb.

👍

2 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Agreed

started well then dropped lundstram back vs a team we are better than and let them come onto us.

was shocking tbh 

👍

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

The formation bothered me bigtime, never expected it. Baffling.

Agreed. 

I’m a big, big, big believer that if you have your own style of play you seek to impose that on the opposition particularly if they are equally as good as you or worse - we switched to a 5 at the back to mirror their formation and we were just so rigid with Matondo + Tillman not knowing where to play, Lundstram + Sands really uncomfortable and Barisic + Tav just dreadful. 

No issues with trying to go 5 at the back v a top European side, but that today was horrific v a team that thought we were going to run over the top of them given the way they initially setup. 

Just now, psb07158 said:

Agreed. 

I’m a big, big, big believer that if you have your own style of play you seek to impose that on the opposition particularly if they are equally as good as you or worse - we switched to a 5 at the back to mirror their formation and we were just so rigid with Matondo + Tillman not knowing where to play, Lundstram + Sands really uncomfortable and Barisic + Tav just dreadful. 

No issues with trying to go 5 at the back v a top European side, but that today was horrific v a team that thought we were going to run over the top of them given the way they initially setup. 

I'm quite interested to hear your views on what our actual style of play is

After some of the free flowing attacking football we played not too long ago, the experienced Rangers players in that team must listen to Gio’s safety first tactics and think: What. The. Fuck? Players can’t possibly enjoy playing for a team that never plays a forward pass and uses Goldson as a fucking playmaker. It’s mental.