Gio to blame

RangersMedia

3 minutes ago, Broxi said:

It's been an issue way before tonight but absolutely nobody in the team is playing forward, quick, risky passes. If there isn't 10 yards of space and a guaranteed successful pass then it's not being made and that's no use. We are constantly passing around the back, out wide and lumping a ball into the box. Absolutely terrified of playing a ball forward into the centre and that's coming straight from Gio.

Slow, boring, useless passes that is getting the ball absolutely nowhere. We will lose the ball more but I'd rather lose the ball with a chance of creating something, than losing the ball because we're just knocking it around until someone eventually makes a mistake with it. 

Shoehorn of passes from full back to centre halves to full back Feyenoord fans warned us about from the start.

Shape wrong, subs wrong, not quick enough, not brave enough. 

1 minute ago, Broxi said:

It's been an issue way before tonight but absolutely nobody in the team is playing forward, quick, risky passes. If there isn't 10 yards of space and a guaranteed successful pass then it's not being made and that's no use. We are constantly passing around the back, out wide and lumping a ball into the box. Absolutely terrified of playing a ball forward into the centre and that's coming straight from Gio.

Slow, boring, useless passes that is getting the ball absolutely nowhere. We will lose the ball more but I'd rather lose the ball with a chance of creating something, than losing the ball because we're just knocking it around until someone eventually makes a mistake with it. 

Said in the match thread, Yilmaz looked as if plenty of room to run into, try take a man on, but then nobody would give the pass, they turned around and either was pinged back or out to the right 🤷🏼‍♂️

We never played or set-up ike the side who had just been to a European final only months ago. Where the fuck was the swagger. 

I'm not saying go in there with no respect and be caught out. But we showed up there tonight with fuck all about us, a shadow of the team we were a few months back. 

Last season it felt like we adapted to the back 5 mid-game, we were fluid in the way we approached attack and defensive shape in Europe.

Tonight we looked all at sea. Rigidly sticking to a formation with no real idea how to execute it. New players in an unfamiliar system, particularly up front. No cohesion at all.

Correct. I genuinely think he set out for a 0-0 tonight. 

Away in the Europa last season was the same. Backfired tonight big time against poorer opposition than we played last season. 

Sands Goldon and Lundstrom in a back 3 is shocking. We let Balugon go, why? Playing midfielders in there isn't an answer.

Same as the keeper situation. We've kept McGregor but demoted him. All of a sudden McLaughlin is good enough to be our number 1 in Europe? Sorry, but he isn't good enough. 

If McGregor isn't good enough to be our no 1 any longer then he shouldn't have been offered an extension and we should have targeted a number 1 from elsewhere. 

We've played 4-3-3 for 4 years now. And now we'll revert to it and try and salvage something. 

Colak, Mutondo and Thillman offered nothing tonight but we wait until we're 2 down and bring on Wright and Lawrence. Like for like and 0 change in formation or tactics.

4 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Shoehorn of passes from full back to centre halves to full back Feyenoord fans warned us about from the start.

You do realise this is how we've played for 4 years now, its not something new

1 minute ago, Smell the hotdog said:

I know this will seem like a reaction to tonight but other than the Europa League which he did amazingly in, I'm still not convinced about Gio outwith that. League has been poor. 

But you also can't just ignore the EL and SC, so I'll just say I'll wait and see for now but need to see better personally 

If not for a shocking VAR decision Gio would probably be sat quite happy with the result he’s said quite openly his aim in away knockout games will be to simply keep the tie alive for the home leg. So this results on him (although the players could have played far better). 

If that’s his style then he needs to get it correct at Ibrox. We’ve done it before with quick starts vs Braga and Leipzig and that’s what we’ll need next week.