Thoughts on where we are right now.

Easy to knock us down after performances like that . 

Like I said on the match thread,  we are notoriously slow starters each season . Fuck knows why , we just are , and it frequently costs us in Europe . Last night was pretty similar to Malmo last season , and look what we went on to do .

With the  many changes , it may take even longer , but we finished very strong last season and I fully expect us to get to that level again this season . Hopefully sooner rather than later . 

21 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Like I said on the match thread,  we are notoriously slow starters each season . Fuck knows why , we just are , and it frequently costs us in Europe . Last night was pretty similar to Malmo last season , and look what we went on to do .

With the  many changes , it may take even longer , but we finished very strong last season and I fully expect us to get to that level again this season . Hopefully sooner rather than later . 

We are as we have won by the odd goal to get into the group stages in about 3-4 of the last years but once there have got decent results and then there was last year!

Tav who got the winner on Saturday and has something like 15 goals in Europe does not deserve the abuse

2 hours ago, Rangers Da 1872 said:

Thanks for the replies folks. Exactly what I expected but didn't give a fuck, had to get it off my chest. And it seems the truth hits hard. The abuse, the paranoia, the embarrassing replies, good auld Rangers Media. There's plenty more truths were this came from. Anyone got the odds on our next manager? 

100% scum supporter

Unbelievable he’s survived this long

2 hours ago, gmcf said:

I think we've gained a bad habit of being notoriously bad starters and games too. Far too often we waste the first 45 minutes then have to chase.

Signing a proper box to box midfielder before the end of the transfer window is a must. Not a wide man or a number 10 a midfielder. We are saturated with like for like in that position. Playing Kamara further forward doesn't work as it's just not his game. Hate to say it but we need someone who does the same job McGregor does for the tarriers. Pick up the ball deep areas and carry it forward to link defence to attack.  Last night there was nothing on the bench apart from Davis and Arfield, combined age 70. No harm to either of them and I am happy they are still in the dressing room. But if we are serious about going to the next level and playing champions League football we need more than a safety first mentality in the middle of the park.

Last night wasn't good but as a whole it's definitely not as bleak as folk are making out. I am however worried about the amount of average players we have in the middle of the park and it's definitely an area we need to upgrade quickly. 

Jack(seems miles away at the moment) and Kamara are squad players at best, Davis/arfield/sands aren't good enough. I'd cancel sands loan and move a few others on then look for significant upgrades that can play with Lundstram and Tillman. 

Also the amount of needless sideways short passes has to stop. The ball literally goes from Tav> lundstram> kamara> Barisic> Goldson who then punts it. This could be achieved in half the amount of passes if our players got their heads up and played forward. 

5 minutes ago, RWB72 said:

Bringing Hagi & Morelos back will be like 2 new signings

Any news on Hagi?

If things don't improve from Tuesday (they will), we will hear Hagi's name more and more, but he has everything to prove. He needs to come back a better player and live to his potential.

23 hours ago, Inigo said:

It's early days, but I can't say that after the first two games and the friendlies I'm brimming with confidence about the way the squad is looking.

Again we sign quantity over quality and we needed a top class keeper. We have a journeyman and a once great keeper who’s time is up.  Why can the fans see it and the club can’t?

1 hour ago, Rangers Da 1872 said:

Laughing at people who are saying they didn't read it. Of course you did, you're fooling no one. :lol:

Turning off a Rangers game because a certain player is on the pitch is minging, you should be ashamed.