Thoughts on where we are right now.

Where to start with that pathetic excuse for a performance tonight. The truth is, it's been coming. For a long time. Since way into last season in fact.

Pre season, shite against Partick Thistle, scrape past them, pathetic against Sunderland, game abandoned when we are 1 down, we were shite against Blackpool, scraped past them, we were shite against West Ham again, got lucky in a 7 minute 2nd half spell to win the game, turned over by Spurs in another poor performance, then our reserves go 2 down to Queens Park and need a 16 year old to get us out of jail again, get to the real stuff and still don't snap out of it, lose an appalling goal to a player who came from the 9th division or something down south, play shite again but get out of jail again thanks to a rare set piece goal, 2nd competitive game, another changed line up, at this point i don't think we've played the same starting 11 twice yet in all those games, and another European defeat on the road. 

Another different back 4 and GK tonight, pumped 2-0 on the road yet again, which is becoming a habit under Van Bronckhorst now, away defeats in Europe. Following on from defeats against Red Star, Braga, Leipzig and of course Frankfurt. Out of the 6 matches outside Scotland Gio has managed in Europe he has lost 5 of them. To compound that we have the horror show at the Piggery and the old firm defeat at Ibrox as well, another 2 pathetic performances and unacceptable results. The annoying thing in all those poor performances and results is they mostly have the same players making the same mistakes and Gio picking the wrong team, time and time again. Even in the Scottish Cup Final we let a shite Hearts team who our B team had hammered in their own midden weeks before take us to extra time. We were rotten then as well. We've had far more poor performances under GVB than good ones. And far more poor results than good ones too. 

If you're still with me let me go through our squad if i may because i think it's important to show that it's not all negative and doom and gloom but ultimately out biggest handicap is off the field and not on it. 

McGregor - Was finished lats season and should have been told he wasn't getting a new deal. 

McLaughlin - Is a back up keeper at best. The goals lost at weekend and tonight were embarrassing for any keeper. At any level. 

Tav - Posted missing again tonight. Glorified by starry eyed fans for being mediocre. A club legend apparently. Embarrassing chat. 

Barisic - A shitebag who's Rangers career should have been ended for him that night at the Piggery. We are losing too many goals down his side and he is at fault for too many goals. Spurs, USG and Livi 3 already this season. Finished. 

Goldson - Fighting a losing battle among the dross. Not great but one of few positives. 

Sands - Out of his depth tonight. Very lucky not to be sent off. 

Souttar - Early days, going through personal issues so no opinion yet.

King - A bright star who will thrive under the right manager. 

Helander- Just always injured. Probably done here now. Shame as he was one of my favourites. I really liked him. 

Simpson - A wage thief. 

Davies - Too early to judge either way. 

Devine - Poor for B team last season, no idea why he's with the first team right now. Won't make it here.

Katic - Apparently not good enough and told he can go. Another wage we don't need to be paying. 

Yilmaz - Exciting signing. Must be a permanent fixture in the team from here on in. Would love to see him in a good Rangers team. 

Zukowski - A waste of time. 

Lundstram - Almost a 1 man team at times. Needs help in the middle of the park. Needs to stop being shoehorned back into defence. Love him and his attitude. 

Jack - Been really poor for a while now. Not sure what hes' bringing to the team any more. 

Kamara - Been awful since Gio came in the door. Thought he was back to his best last week for about 5 minutes. Last 2 games back to type. Probably time to move on. Playing like he wants to. 

Hagi - Was poor when Gio took over. Poor on wing, didn't work in the 10. Don't know where he fits in, when he eventually gets back next year.

Davis - A club legend but it's now past the time to move on. Feel for him. 

Kent - Our  'sand dancer' i've seen him described as. Flatters to deceive. One of our front 3 who doesn't score goals. Not convinced he wants to stay. Not bothered in the slightest. 

Ofoborh and Kelly - Wages for nothing. Simply taking up places in the squad. 

Lowry - Seems to have been given a reality check by Gio, now back with the B team and injured. So much promise but i sense ego may be an issue. Talented kid. 

McCann - So exciting and so promising but doesn't stand a chance whilst so many more experienced cloggers are playing ahead of him. 

Arfield - Was finished last summer. Been here at least 1 year too long. Just shite. New contract was a disgraceful decision. 

Colak - A striker who doesn't score goals. Utterly pointless. Hailed as an Itten replacement yet embarrassingly has been our go to striker so far this season. Think i called this one wrong giving him the benefit of the doubt. He's rubbish. 

Lawrence - In, out, in, out the team. He won't like that and looks like he has a mentality that Gio won't be able to manage. Don't see this one working here. 

Matondo - Came with so much promise, posted missing tonight. Hid all game. Doesn't look like he has that Rangers spirit sadly. 

Morelos - Contract allowed to un down to last 10 months.....our greatest ever European goalscorer.....what a state to get in. I'm not his biggest fan by any stretch but fuck me we've missed him. 

Wright - A right footed Gregg Wylde. Fucking garbage. Switched the game off when i saw him coming on. Embarrassing he's any sort of option for the manager. Utter shite. 

Roofe - Statistically one of the league best strikers but never fit. A crying shame. We really miss him. I really miss him. 

Sakala - Unpredictable roadrunner with a touch like Shane Duffy. 

Tillman - Was world class for about 8 minutes tonight and then spent the rest of the game hiding. I do like him though, he's different from the usual robotic shite we watch every week. Not sure front 3 is his best position though. 

And that's my take on where we are.....it's not a good place if truth be told. Trips to Pittodrie, Tynecastle and Tannadice especially are going to be harder than they've ever been i believe. Harder than they should be. Then there's the Piggery with these players. I see them capitulating again. The formations aren't working. Either Lundstram shoe horned into defence in a back 3 or the 2 wingers in a 433. It's not working. It doesn't work. 

7 new signings. Maybe 2 at best make the team stronger? 

We needed a new GK this season. Didn't get one. This is the decision which i suspect will cost Gio his job. 

We needed something exciting, different and quality in midfield. A real quality number 8 and 10. Didn't get it. 

We needed a quality first choice first team right winger. Didn't get it. 

We needed genuine competition for Morelos, maybe even someone to take his place and keep him on his toes. Didn't get it. 

As it stands we are probably still 4 first team quality players short of where we should be, challenging for the title and treble and competing in Europe. Squad is bloated. Too many passengers. Not enough quality. Too much reliance on the same shite every week. 

I could go on all night but i've got work in the morning and i'm tired and if you've lasted this long you're probably wanting me to stop anyway. Thanks for your time reading. 

5 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Imagine being a bead rattling cunt and spending your whole Tuesday night on a Rangers forum writing war and peace.

They don’t know that many words. Tbh I agree with most of it. We’re blinded by the Europa League run. Strip that away and we’ve been a poor side for a while now.

1 hour ago, Rangers Da 1872 said:

Where to start with that pathetic excuse for a performance tonight. The truth is, it's been coming. For a long time. Since way into last season in fact.

Pre season, shite against Partick Thistle, scrape past them, pathetic against Sunderland, game abandoned when we are 1 down, we were shite against Blackpool, scraped past them, we were shite against West Ham again, got lucky in a 7 minute 2nd half spell to win the game, turned over by Spurs in another poor performance, then our reserves go 2 down to Queens Park and need a 16 year old to get us out of jail again, get to the real stuff and still don't snap out of it, lose an appalling goal to a player who came from the 9th division or something down south, play shite again but get out of jail again thanks to a rare set piece goal, 2nd competitive game, another changed line up, at this point i don't think we've played the same starting 11 twice yet in all those games, and another European defeat on the road. 

Another different back 4 and GK tonight, pumped 2-0 on the road yet again, which is becoming a habit under Van Bronckhorst now, away defeats in Europe. Following on from defeats against Red Star, Braga, Leipzig and of course Frankfurt. Out of the 6 matches outside Scotland Gio has managed in Europe he has lost 5 of them. To compound that we have the horror show at the Piggery and the old firm defeat at Ibrox as well, another 2 pathetic performances and unacceptable results. The annoying thing in all those poor performances and results is they mostly have the same players making the same mistakes and Gio picking the wrong team, time and time again. Even in the Scottish Cup Final we let a shite Hearts team who our B team had hammered in their own midden weeks before take us to extra time. We were rotten then as well. We've had far more poor performances under GVB than good ones. And far more poor results than good ones too. 

If you're still with me let me go through our squad if i may because i think it's important to show that it's not all negative and doom and gloom but ultimately out biggest handicap is off the field and not on it. 

McGregor - Was finished lats season and should have been told he wasn't getting a new deal. 

McLaughlin - Is a back up keeper at best. The goals lost at weekend and tonight were embarrassing for any keeper. At any level. 

Tav - Posted missing again tonight. Glorified by starry eyed fans for being mediocre. A club legend apparently. Embarrassing chat. 

Barisic - A shitebag who's Rangers career should have been ended for him that night at the Piggery. We are losing too many goals down his side and he is at fault for too many goals. Spurs, USG and Livi 3 already this season. Finished. 

Goldson - Fighting a losing battle among the dross. Not great but one of few positives. 

Sands - Out of his depth tonight. Very lucky not to be sent off. 

Souttar - Early days, going through personal issues so no opinion yet.

King - A bright star who will thrive under the right manager. 

Helander- Just always injured. Probably done here now. Shame as he was one of my favourites. I really liked him. 

Simpson - A wage thief. 

Davies - Too early to judge either way. 

Devine - Poor for B team last season, no idea why he's with the first team right now. Won't make it here.

Katic - Apparently not good enough and told he can go. Another wage we don't need to be paying. 

Yilmaz - Exciting signing. Must be a permanent fixture in the team from here on in. Would love to see him in a good Rangers team. 

Zukowski - A waste of time. 

Lundstram - Almost a 1 man team at times. Needs help in the middle of the park. Needs to stop being shoehorned back into defence. Love him and his attitude. 

Jack - Been really poor for a while now. Not sure what hes' bringing to the team any more. 

Kamara - Been awful since Gio came in the door. Thought he was back to his best last week for about 5 minutes. Last 2 games back to type. Probably time to move on. Playing like he wants to. 

Hagi - Was poor when Gio took over. Poor on wing, didn't work in the 10. Don't know where he fits in, when he eventually gets back next year.

Davis - A club legend but it's now past the time to move on. Feel for him. 

Kent - Our  'sand dancer' i've seen him described as. Flatters to deceive. One of our front 3 who doesn't score goals. Not convinced he wants to stay. Not bothered in the slightest. 

Ofoborh and Kelly - Wages for nothing. Simply taking up places in the squad. 

Lowry - Seems to have been given a reality check by Gio, now back with the B team and injured. So much promise but i sense ego may be an issue. Talented kid. 

McCann - So exciting and so promising but doesn't stand a chance whilst so many more experienced cloggers are playing ahead of him. 

Arfield - Was finished last summer. Been here at least 1 year too long. Just shite. New contract was a disgraceful decision. 

Colak - A striker who doesn't score goals. Utterly pointless. Hailed as an Itten replacement yet embarrassingly has been our go to striker so far this season. Think i called this one wrong giving him the benefit of the doubt. He's rubbish. 

Lawrence - In, out, in, out the team. He won't like that and looks like he has a mentality that Gio won't be able to manage. Don't see this one working here. 

Matondo - Came with so much promise, posted missing tonight. Hid all game. Doesn't look like he has that Rangers spirit sadly. 

Morelos - Contract allowed to un down to last 10 months.....our greatest ever European goalscorer.....what a state to get in. I'm not his biggest fan by any stretch but fuck me we've missed him. 

Wright - A right footed Gregg Wylde. Fucking garbage. Switched the game off when i saw him coming on. Embarrassing he's any sort of option for the manager. Utter shite. 

Roofe - Statistically one of the league best strikers but never fit. A crying shame. We really miss him. I really miss him. 

Sakala - Unpredictable roadrunner with a touch like Shane Duffy. 

Tillman - Was world class for about 8 minutes tonight and then spent the rest of the game hiding. I do like him though, he's different from the usual robotic shite we watch every week. Not sure front 3 is his best position though. 

And that's my take on where we are.....it's not a good place if truth be told. Trips to Pittodrie, Tynecastle and Tannadice especially are going to be harder than they've ever been i believe. Harder than they should be. Then there's the Piggery with these players. I see them capitulating again. The formations aren't working. Either Lundstram shoe horned into defence in a back 3 or the 2 wingers in a 433. It's not working. It doesn't work. 

7 new signings. Maybe 2 at best make the team stronger? 

We needed a new GK this season. Didn't get one. This is the decision which i suspect will cost Gio his job. 

We needed something exciting, different and quality in midfield. A real quality number 8 and 10. Didn't get it. 

We needed a quality first choice first team right winger. Didn't get it. 

We needed genuine competition for Morelos, maybe even someone to take his place and keep him on his toes. Didn't get it. 

As it stands we are probably still 4 first team quality players short of where we should be, challenging for the title and treble and competing in Europe. Squad is bloated. Too many passengers. Not enough quality. Too much reliance on the same shite every week. 

I could go on all night but i've got work in the morning and i'm tired and if you've lasted this long you're probably wanting me to stop anyway. Thanks for your time reading. 

A bit too negative but as long winded as that assessment is, i actually agree with most of it to an extent of what you've tried to say. We still have good players.

I think the second half against West Ham gave us all a false hope. Tonight was a reality check.