Tillman

Essandoh

1 hour ago, AGM_72 said:

Had a 5-10 minute spell where it looked like his head had gone in the first half, occassion was maybe getting on top of him, but before and after that I thought he was good. 

Enjoyed Tav having a quiet word with him right after he almost gave away a pen. Didnt need to be a bollocking, just a quiet word to calm him down.

When he scored Tav celebrated with him then after all the other players finished celebrating Tav was there to have another word as he moved back with Kent for the kick off.

I will get pelters but I must admit I thought he was awful in the first half and should never be playing on the wing again. Improved in the second half when moved position. He gets caught on the ball a lot but I’m sure he will learn and improve.  I’ll reserve judgment for now. 

16 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

I will get pelters but I must admit I thought he was awful in the first half and should never be playing on the wing again. Improved in the second half when moved position. He gets caught on the ball a lot but I’m sure he will learn and improve.  I’ll reserve judgment for now. 

He definitely wasn’t awful

38 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

If we have an option to buy for an already agreed fee then why do people want us to pay it now, after what has still only been a handful of appearances? The sensible thing to do is obviously to assess him over a longer period of time first.

Agreed, yes, the class looks out the lad but we’ve been here before, especially with young players we’ve had on loan. Remember Lassana Coulibaly. He looked fucking incredible the first 4 or 5 games, especially in Europe, then was absolute dug shite thereafter (although I think his Dad was terminally ill which would have effected him)

38 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

If we have an option to buy for an already agreed fee then why do people want us to pay it now, after what has still only been a handful of appearances? The sensible thing to do is obviously to assess him over a longer period of time first.

Agreed, yes, the class looks out the lad but we’ve been here before, especially with young players we’ve had on loan. Remember Lassana Coulibaly. He looked fucking incredible the first 4 or 5 games, especially in Europe, then was absolute dug shite thereafter (although I think his Dad was terminally ill which would have effected him)

4 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

For me, more importantly if we were to buy him now we could risk losing him at the end of season if he does well. 

If we wait until the end of season we'll have him have another season at least. 

£6m is fair enough. Similar to Kent, Jota, CCV deals to be made permanent (although Kent wasn't pre-agreed obviously) so will need to show similar levels to those players. 

Certainly showed potential to be a good deal at that, let's see how he continues to put it all together going forward.

I think Matondo being a mixed bag in the competitive games isn't helping Tillman's positioning. Shame because thought Matondo was outstanding pre-season, hopefully he comes good. This would be outstanding if we managed to get Matondo firing:

Morelos
Kent Lawrence Tillman Matondo
Lundstram
Yilmaz Davies Goldson Tavernier
McLaughlin

1 hour ago, beararse said:

Coulibaly got injured in our 2nd league game against St Mirren i think....that was him effectively done from their on in as he never reached the heights of his performance against Maribor 

16 minutes ago, Broxi said:

£6m is fair enough. Similar to Kent, Jota, CCV deals to be made permanent (although Kent wasn't pre-agreed obviously) so will need to show similar levels to those players. 

Certainly showed potential to be a good deal at that, let's see how he continues to put it all together going forward.

I think Matondo being a mixed bag in the competitive games isn't helping Tillman's positioning. Shame because thought Matondo was outstanding pre-season, hopefully he comes good. This would be outstanding if we managed to get Matondo firing:

Morelos
Kent Lawrence Tillman Matondo
Lundstram
Yilmaz Davies Goldson Tavernier
McLaughlin

Matondo is so eccentric it's unreal, folk thought Sakala was wild

3 hours ago, Siam69 said:

Let's see where we are at the end of the season. He's certainly promising, but so was Coulibaly in the first few months ...

Dead on - I’m pretty sure he’ll come good & be a real asset, but he tries a lot of stuff that doesn’t come off.

Alex Lowry can do that…

As for yesterday, thought he was a lot better second half and the goal will have done him the world of good.

Was a good and brave leap - he didn’t know the keeper was going to make himself smaller & could have been on the end of a clattering!

€7m goal - which could rise further.

Great way to get off the mark!

2 hours ago, hammer93 said:

Coulibaly got injured in our 2nd league game against St Mirren i think....that was him effectively done from their on in as he never reached the heights of his performance against Maribor 

No recollection of him getting injured but recall his dad was dying and he never seemed the same after that. Maybe it was a combination of both. Looked class too at the very beginning.

3 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

£6m is more than I was expecting. Thought people had originally said £4m. Could definitely be worth it but isn’t as much of a no brainer

£6m to a team like Bayern is nothing. They would be practically giving him away in their eyes.