Hot Headed Morelos

Blue Viking

Just now, Inigo said:

Need to hope he can get his head sorted and sign a new deal, cause this won't help his value. 

That said, anyone watching him at Easter Road is going to have reservations  about paying alot of cash in August for him anyway, so not sure it makes a huge difference.

If we can get in the £7-10m region we’d be doing very well. 

It's difficult to remember a situation that has been as poorly managed as this one. On the eve of the biggest  match for years, we axe our top European goal scorer due to concerns over fitness and attitude. Now did these concerns only arise on Sunday morning? If there were concerns why are we even entering into contract talks and why are we not identifying and signing a replacement. 

Just now, steven33jackie said:

It's difficult to remember a situation that has been as poorly managed as this one. On the eve of the biggest  match for years, we axe our top European goal scorer due to concerns over fitness and attitude. Now did these concerns only arise on Sunday morning? If there were concerns why are we even entering into contract talks and why are we not identifying and signing a replacement. 

That’s actually a decent point.

but I did notice Tav wasn’t happy with him after Saturday so maybe something happened in the changing room and that’s why there’s been a huge shift?

1 minute ago, RockwellGers said:

I don't see it Inigo. I also thought he had some sharp little touches in his limited appearances this season, as well as some not so great ones which he has been known for in the past.

He looked moody and volatile at the weekend, which I would have put down to him not being back in the prime spot yet, he's the sort of player who hates to be down the pecking order. I was pissed off but not necessarily worried about it in the long term.

In light of these events today though, I have no idea what to think.

I'd take GVB's actions as a reasonable sign that Morelos needs a boot in the arse, mate. 

I get folk love him. So do I. He's a talisman. He's been a hero plenty of times. I'll almost certainly love him in 10 years whatever happens now. But sometimes even our favourites need to be scrutinised.

3 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

PLG era stuff. 

Tavernier was visibly furious on Saturday. 

However, I can’t see much changing, I highly doubt Morelos is the sole reason for our iffy start and I can’t see the team getting a lift from him being ousted because of it because I don’t think he’s the main issue 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

It’s obviously been an ongoing issue, particularly when you think back to Gio’s response to the Morleos question after the first leg vs PSV. 

Was rumours players were told not to go out after the game on the Saturday due to the PSV game on the Tuesday and Morelos did anyway hence him not featuring against PSV.

1 minute ago, Swagger said:

So - Morelos looks finished, Jack looks done, Kamara looks like he’s wanting to follow his pals out the door, Goldson has switched off completely, Davies is rumoured to be fucked and Helander, Roofe, Hagi and Soutter have disappeared from the face of the earth. 

Magic ! 

My god 

23 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

But he absolutely doesn't look overweight. Feel free to post a recent image of him looking overweight, I couldn't find any. Pretty sure he's been heavier than this in the past

image.thumb.png.0a44b0f43f90d0267c42b62c3435009d.png

As for whats meant by fitness, I have no idea.

Attitude, there's clearly an issue

He's definitely been heavier

6 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Should be far more anger towards Morelos than there is on here, he fucked us on Saturday and he has fucked us again here 

He doesn’t want to be here, it’s clear his attitude is stinking when players and the manager doesn’t want him around at the min

for me he stuck two fingers up to gio and the team on sat 

walked off pitch laughing to. 

better to get rid. 

7 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

This will be the problem for Gio. Even if Morelos has been letting himself and the team down this season, players like Tav and Goldson will remember all too well the amount of times he bailed them out.  

The report on BBC says the decision is supported by all the senior players. 

When you think about the kind of senior pros we have like Tav, Goldson, Davis, Arfield etc - it’s not wonder they’d eventually hit their limit given how Morelos looks after himself off the park, turning up late back from international duty, red cards and fitness uses. 

25 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

So wait Gio is concerned about his fitness issues now but brought him on in games when unfit?

Aye okay then...

I reckon Morelos has come back overweight and unfit and management have been aware of this.

We have been dipping him into games in order for him to gain match sharpness, whilst expecting him to round himself into better general fitness over the weeks as a result of day in and day out training,  but perhaps this general fitness hasn't come. And now management have had enough.

The situation reads this way anyway. 

2 minutes ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

Was rumours players were told not to go out after the game on the Saturday due to the PSV game on the Tuesday and Morelos did anyway hence him not featuring against PSV.

He’s out at Sanctuary in Glasgow to all hours regularly.