Hot Headed Morelos

Blue Viking

5 minutes ago, Iakona said:

Sulky prick who appears to have thrown his toys out of the pram again. 

He is capable of having such a positive impact on the way we play… and I don’t think it’s a coincidence our style is non existent when he’s not on the park. But I’m honestly at the stage where I’m done the whole Morelos sideshow. I’m not just talking about red cards as has been said earlier in the thread that’s improved massively… it’s just all the other baggage and hassle that comes with him.

Like what?

Just now, graeme_4 said:

No. That’s an abhorrent bit of refereeing that will 100% be rescinded.

It’s taking a yellow for the team, not petulance for yourself. 

You can't be serious here. :lol:

You're actually stating Morelos cost us 2 points at Aberdeen on the basis of a horrific decision by the assistant that was later rescinded(because it was 100% the wrong call)

Lundstrams today was closer to a red than that one Morelos got, but one cost us and the other didn't?

Mon to fuck mate.

4 hours ago, Blue Viking said:

Is this his 8th red card in Scottish football ?

His hot temper is a liability and always has been - even if he gets into shape, I will always have the fear he will do some thing stupid and get send of - I had that feeling today.

Honestly I wouldn't be sorry to see him go.

I'm not reading six pages but will begin and end with the first post - what a complete and utter fucking mongo the OP is.

10 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

You can't be serious here. :lol:

You're actually stating Morelos cost us 2 points at Aberdeen on the basis of a horrific decision by the assistant that was later rescinded(because it was 100% the wrong call)

Lundstrams today was closer to a red than that one Morelos got, but one cost us and the other didn't?

Mon to fuck mate.

Getting daft red cards costs us points. He cost us today. He has put himself in positions where he might get a red card for nothing but petulance. 

Can’t be fucked arguing anymore. Day has been pish enough. 

15 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I get that, but for me it goes without saying that a Rangers CF wins you points.

Bit like McGregor, makes saves every game that routinely contributes to points and prizes - but more focus is on the fuckups that cost us.

Quite likely, but it’s putting himself in the position that’s crazy. You know who the ref is, why put yourself in that situation. 

Sebo? :belm:

In all seriousness, yes, that should be a given, but he carried this team over a long spell (despite not maybe scoring enough in the league overall) when nobody else could seem to score in a barrel of fannies.

He is refereed to a different standard, some of his own making, some not - so you are right, he needs to carry himself differently to othet players. That doesn't make it right, though.

Really thought he had put this kind of red card behind him. This was like a rewind to two, three years ago when he was being petulant every other game. Can only imagine the pressure of having real competition to start, plus no clubs showing any real interest in signing him is now impacting his attitude. Today was chance for him to get 30 mins into his legs, play with the correct attitude and give the manager a selection headache. He came on like an idiot and the laughing and smiling at the red card tells you that it's all about him right now, not the team. 

12 minutes ago, five stars said:

Stupidity from Morelos, but a red was harsh.

The hibs player puts his forearm into Morelos's ribs then up on to his shoulders.

Morelos swings his arm but it's an exaggeration to call it violent.

Stupidity but a harsh red?

gee yersel a shake ya wank 

47 minutes ago, The Dude said:

That doesn't really make much sense. Sakala is that far out of the picture he was on the bench the other night and the club have reportedly rejected several bids for him this summer. If Morelos has not looked after himself over the summer, what have the coaching staff done about it since the players returned to training at the tail end of June? If this is him after two months of intensive training, I can only imagine the size he must have been when he returned; surprised he didn't just rock up to Auchenhowie wearing a poncho or a muumuu

Sakala is doing nothing other than making the squad numbers up - He can’t get minutes on the pitch against anyone - RW is an issue yet he can’t get a run out, i personally feel he wouldn’t do any worse than some of the others so far.

Not sure what the coaches make of Morelos but maybe that’s why he’s not been getting game time…. or didn’t get on against PSV…. I’m sure today won’t help him either

7 minutes ago, Super Ally Scores Again! said:

Sakala is doing nothing other than making the squad numbers up - He can’t get minutes on the pitch against anyone - RW is an issue yet he can’t get a run out, i personally feel he wouldn’t do any worse than some of the others so far.

Not sure what the coaches make of Morelos but maybe that’s why he’s not been getting game time…. or didn’t get on against PSV…. I’m sure today won’t help him either

Probably more to do with the fact he's just returning from a lengthy spell out injured and misssed much of pre-season.

24 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I'm not reading six pages but will begin and end with the first post - what a complete and utter fucking mongo the OP is.

Aw mate that doesn't even touch the sides, we hit peak mong levels from about page 2 onwards. 

Embarrasment of a thread. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Probably more to do with the fact he's just returning from a lengthy spell out injured and misssed much of pre-season.

I could live with that explanation but he’s got previous for it - Arriving back out of shape and condition. Doesn’t help when we r straight into important European games

Aberdeen 1-1 rescinded 

UFA 1-1

Aberdeen lost 0-1 

Aberdeen won 4-2

Tarriers lost 2-1

Motherwell won 2-0

Tarriers won 2-1

With the exception of the loss to the tarriers his red cards actually haven’t cost us as we qualified in Russia and the Aberdeen defeat at home we were 1 down in 10 minutes, he was sent off in 70 minutes.

Can we stop the pish about how much his indiscipline outweighs his goals, assists and general play.

24 minutes ago, ayro said:

Aberdeen 1-1 rescinded 

UFA 1-1

Aberdeen lost 0-1 

Aberdeen won 4-2

Tarriers lost 2-1

Motherwell won 2-0

Tarriers won 2-1

With the exception of the loss to the tarriers his red cards actually haven’t cost us as we qualified in Russia and the Aberdeen defeat at home we were 1 down in 10 minutes, he was sent off in 70 minutes.

Can we stop the pish about how much his indiscipline outweighs his goals, assists and general play.

Any idea how we got on in the matches he missed due to suspension?