Hot Headed Morelos

Blue Viking

28 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

No other player would have got a red for that. A yellow at worst. I hope that both reds are appealed.

Alfredo has been a target for MSM and officials for years - no need to explain why. They fear him.

If he decides that he has had enough of this and instructs his agent to find him a new club before the window closes then I would not blame him.

Yes they would have. It’s a red all day. 

17 minutes ago, LaaRFC said:

I agree refs are quicker to get the cards out for Alfie due to his past, but there is no excusing yesterday. He has intentionally swung his arm into the face of an opponent. 

If his intention is to ask his agent to find him a new club then he’s done himself absolutely no favours with yesterdays showing. He was on the park about 10 mins and managed to argue with the ref, have a little kick out at an opponent then get himself sent off. 

Agreed. But the days of us asking for bids of over 20M are long gone.

Obika yellow for that...

His one at DU was much worse and he only got a yellow on the day. 

How many elbows did Brown get away with over the years?

I remember the cup SF vs Hearts they were brutal that day and never got reds. 

Bowman regularly got away with similar vs us.

People are kidding themselves on if they think many other players wouldn't have only got a yellow for that.

21 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

Id have him fined for that.

Him and kent must sign new contracts before 1rst sep or been sold. End of

Laughing as he leaves the field.

If he didn’t mean it he should be raging at the decision.

If he did mean to strike the guy he should be walking off, ashamed of himself for letting his team down. 
Even less game time available to get match sharpness.

Needs his baws booted for that yesterday.

8 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Obika yellow for that...

People are kidding themselves on if they think many other players wouldn't have only got a yellow for that.

The point you’re  trying to make here is irrelevant.

if you know you’ll get punished disproportionately for doing this sort of thing, irrespective of why, you’d surely adjust your behaviour to suit.

He’s a grown man FFS. It’s not that hard a concept to grasp. 

7 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Obika yellow for that...

Do you mean many others would have only got a yellow? Cos I think that is the case.

11 minutes ago, beararse said:

The point your trying to make here is irrelevant.

When someone posts that other players wouldn't have got sent off for doing so, then someone replies they would, my post is 1000% relevant.

So yeah your points are actually completely irrelevant, seems you're the one as per usual struggling to grasp the concept, eh?

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Do you mean many others would have only got a yellow? Cos I think that is the case.

Yes.

That's the point @GersInCanadawas alluding to.

It has been evident vs us(video above and other instances) that players have got yellows for similar or worse incidents.

I've seen similar in other leagues and players only get a yellow.

That's not me saying it's 100% not a red, I'm conflicted on it, the inconsistency is the issue here for me. 

I honestly believe if that was Giakoumakis, Stevie May etc it is more likely to have been given as a yellow.

16 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

When someone posts that other players wouldn't have got sent off for doing so, then someone replies they would, my post is 1000% relevant.

So yeah your points are actually completely irrelevant, seems you're the one as per usual struggling to grasp the concept, eh?

1000% relevant! Really? Your point is 10 x completely relevant?

Your point might be valid but it's not relevant in the context of Morelos attempting to strike an opponent.

It doesn't matter one iota what has happened in other games. Fuck, you even went as far back as Davie Bowman who quit professional football 20 year ago.

What IS relevant is that Morelos has previous (be it justified or not) and is incapable of adjusting his behaviour to avoid punishment.

He must be aware that he is very likely going to get sent off for what he did yesterday and yet he still did it. 

We should have sold him when his value was about £18mill. We are now looking at him going away on a free and his best days for us are behind him. He hasnt looked fit since his return and yesterday was just petulant nonsense we had thought hed "grown up" from. 

I saw him at the training day a few weeks back and as stupid as it sounds the worrying signs were there. His finishing was terrible and he looked huge 

37 minutes ago, Madina said:

We should have sold him when his value was about £18mill. We are now looking at him going away on a free and his best days for us are behind him. He hasnt looked fit since his return and yesterday was just petulant nonsense we had thought hed "grown up" from. 

I saw him at the training day a few weeks back and as stupid as it sounds the worrying signs were there. His finishing was terrible and he looked huge 

:lol:

He was unlucky yesterday imo. His discipline has certainly improved massively since the early days and he was very harshly treated by the completely inept Collum. No other player would have been sent off by Collum for that, wasn’t like a deliberate cynical elbow smash into the cheekbone, it wasn’t dangerous play. But because it was Alfie he gets sent packing.

Agree with others that he’s carrying too much weight, he has to get much fitter.

27 minutes ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

He was unlucky yesterday imo. His discipline has certainly improved massively since the early days and he was very harshly treated by the completely inept Collum. No other player would have been sent off by Collum for that, wasn’t like a deliberate cynical elbow smash into the cheekbone, it wasn’t dangerous play. But because it was Alfie he gets sent packing.

Agree with others that he’s carrying too much weight, he has to get much fitter.

He had a fly kick before that at their defender. He was out of order getting himself sent off. He knows Collums a fucking dick. 

What is it with Morelos isn't fit, he's overweight, fat or whatever?

He certainly isn't up to match sharpness but to suggest that our manager and entire backroom staff are allowing one of our players to play whilst unfit, or fat or overweight etc  is either patent nonsense or the manager and backroom staff are needing replaced.  

9 hours ago, sausagetrunks said:

for some reason i think he has been burning his bridges with gio and yesterday that bridge might have been burnt.

we cant go to Hibs and hardly muster a shot, ive no confidence in going to a very good side like PSV and winning. 

In no way do I claim to be in the know but as it always is with Rangers, you always know somebody that knows somebody, in this case this is coming from someone who features on a prominent Scottish Football podcast.

I was told last April that Morelos could've delayed his operation until the summer but changed his agent and they pushed for him to get it done ASAP in order to get him ready for a move this summer and apparently Gio wasn't happy with that decision given we were still looking at a potential treble.

Probably doesn't take Einstein to work out where its came from or at least narrow it down a good bit but if that is the case then I could understand why Gio wouldn't feel like he's someone to be relied upon.

3 hours ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

Very soft red card. No other player on park gets sent off for that. 

The shape he is in is a big concern for me 

Porteous gets that too mate, players get themselves reputations and are reffed differently, it is what it is, I never thought you could take that away from him, he seemed to be a guy who needed to play on that edge, he's calmed down hugely in the last two years but I wouldn't say he's a better player for it.

1 hour ago, NixonRFC said:

Porteous gets that too mate, players get themselves reputations and are reffed differently, it is what it is, I never thought you could take that away from him, he seemed to be a guy who needed to play on that edge, he's calmed down hugely in the last two years but I wouldn't say he's a better player for it.

Porteous commits thuggish fouls.  Hardly comparable. 

Is Porteous hard done to, gets poor red decisions overturned? Not imo.

He gets sent off for fouls he deserves to be sent off for, and for tackles others would and do get sent off for.