John Lundstram

KeyserSoze

16 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

I don’t follow. We put together results to get to the top of the league.

In large part thanks to guys like Tav and Lundstrum.

Both of their levels have dropped off dramatically in the last 5-6 matches.

Clear to literally anyone who has half a clue about sports science as to why.

I’ll say it again. Trying to compete on all four fronts would end up potentially costing us in the one that mattered.

It's not rocket science. You're trying to hype him because hes up for POTY.

Whilst its evident there's next to no competition.

He shouldn’t get a new deal.

11 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

It's not rocket science. You're trying to hype him because hes up for POTY.

Whilst its evident there's next to no competition.

He shouldn’t get a new deal.

I’m not hyping him up at all. I’m saying he has gone from being arguably our best outfield player to performances well below that.

Thats just a fact that anyone with 2 eyes can see. 

There have been some games under Clement where Lundstram has been superb, 9/10 performances. Today as with some other games he's been 6/10 at best.

As much as a like him as a player when he's at his best, I don't think he's worth £25k pw or whatever inflated salary he's on if he can't bring that level every week.

A terrible time of the year to slump when you are seeking a new contract.

It will be interesting to see how the board plays this one out. Hopefully, they have learned lessons with the likes of extending Jack and, to a lesser extent, Arfield.

He’s great when you’re ahead and looking to control possession but, when you’re trailing and the clock is going double speed, this fannying about between him, Goldson, Souttar and, to a lesser extent, Butland and Tavernier, drives me fucking crazy.

Hate to say it but he’s a poor man’s Calum McGregor.

Thanks John, all the best for the future.

My prediction:

He’ll sign a new contract (because we don’t have the funds to waste trying to replace him).

Him and Tav will start off next season slow and shit.

They’ll get up to match sharpness by week 5 and go on to be two of our best players.

We won’t rest or rotate them and they’ll play every single minute, twice a week, in every single competition. 

Their form will gradually drop off. By crunch time around April they’ll look slow, their intensity and speed gone and look every bit their age.

We will call them losers and mentally weak.

Repeat.

2 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

My prediction:

He’ll sign a new contract (because we don’t have the funds to waste trying to replace him).

Him and Tav will start off next season slow and shit.

They’ll get up to match sharpness by week 5 and go on to be two of our best players.

We won’t rest or rotate them and they’ll play every single minute, twice a week, in every single competition. 

Their form will gradually drop off. By crunch time around April they’ll look slow, their intensity and speed gone and look every bit their age.

We will call them losers and mentally weak.

Repeat.

Why do you predict them to start shite, surely that’s when they should be fit and ready, and be at their best?

1 hour ago, theblueoysterbar said:

How?

His head's gone down again and he's not performing again. Doesn't look like a guy who's signed up again to me.

I was meaning he has upped his form to get a new deal and looked like he does not have to bother any more.

47 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

You do realise that this is a bit of an oxymoron? I don't get it mate.

He’s essentially saying Lundstram has done an Adebayor. Tried like fuck because he wants a new deal, now he that he hypothetically has it there’s no need to try as hard and the performances have slipped 

We can get far better for his wage. He's only gonna get slower and worse and you'd argue if he's even good enough now. Goldson is a great example of what not to do in this situation.