TOTAL FOOTBALL

G.E.C.

5 minutes ago, blaudrup said:

Yeah, not so much total, but loving positive football.

Also like the tactical fuckaround with what we might do at the piggery.  I think there was an eye on that too.

Goldson and Sands driving up the middle, big John covering. Tav showing up on the left. Tillman all over the field. Goldson taking the ball down in the box like Tillman.

13 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

We played well enough against an inferior team who had a couple of their best players missing, however our passing and ball retention needs to be worked on or we’ll get punished in the CL if we don’t tighten things up

Am struggling with this mate. You said in the match thread we needed to improve too. I seen zero wrong with our game today. Fuck all wrong with ball retention. Had 75% possession, 31 shots on goal and  nearly 90% pass succession rate. Thats like playing against the computer in FIFA on ultimate.

I think it was more down to how Ross County played and approached that game.

I cant remember a team where our central defender has been allowed to venture unchallenged form our own box to opposition box time and time again.....their tactics were shocking and far too open making wayyy too easy for us.

It actually took until the 83rd minute and 4 goals down when they started applying a press and pressure on our possession.....I mean why the fuck bother , worst performance from an away team I've seen for a long time and I thought we should have taken them right to the cleaners.

3 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

That was honestly the most complete performance of football I have seen in a long long time from us. 

I have a good good feeling about this season now that the new players are setting into the system.

As much as I love this fantastic club and want to agree,this is nonsense, we were fucking honking for large parts of the game today.