Scandalous

RangersMedia

50 minutes ago, King Jela said:

You've predicted it already. It's a certainty. 

Best we can hope for is a half decent champions league campaign to hopefully generate some funds for players in January to prepare for next season. 

That's genuinely the best we can hope for right now. 

Agreed - dunno how much we have to pay in court cases or loans back to directors but we have shown that we CAN identify raw talent, showcase it on a euro stage and make good money again - its a circle of investing that we need to grab wholly. Get one or two good years out of a young player and sell on for silly money  - they have been doing it too well for years and they are so strong now.

I still believe in Gio and, if he can get us through the group stage, this defeat will be forgotten - lets make some coin and get half a dozen talented players in including a decent young goalie 

9 minutes ago, Sket said:

That's right up there with one of the worst defeats I've seen us suffer there. I can't even begin to think about going through what went wrong. 

We were beat before we stepped on that fucking midden of a pitch. An absolute fucking disgrace. Unforgivable.

The 5-1 at Ibrox sticks out in recent memory but that was every bit as bad today if not worse

Only reason it was only 4 was they sat back and controlled the game, rested players (in an Old Firm) and knew the job was done. Play the way they did first half and we could've easily been talking about a 6/7-0 defeat because we sure as fuck didnt change the way we played

This is partly on us as fans however painful as that might be to hear. We mocked their manager and their Asian signings creating a feeling that we would stroll to the title last year, then continued with the belief that we would be better than them this season, that we had the better squad etc etc .

They got rid of the guy responsible for their signings (I think) and whoever has come in seems to have a far better success rate. Essentially their success is based on the last two transfer windows and their manager actually having a game plan. Look at how they play - fast, intense play that blows most in Scotland away, and sadly us too today.

They are not undefeatable, and hopefully they will lose a few players in the CL campaign. However we need to look at them objectively now and accept they are favourites for the title again.

We CAN come back from this. We need to at least level peg with them until the next transfer window and then get the fucking players in we need, and get rid of others.

It is a hugely disappointing day, but at least we now know the size of task ahead of us.

5 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

The 5-1 at Ibrox sticks out in recent memory but that was every bit as bad today if not worse

Only reason it was only 4 was they sat back and controlled the game, rested players (in an Old Firm) and knew the job was done. Play the way they did first half and we could've easily been talking about a 6/7-0 defeat because we sure as fuck didnt change the way we played

At least in those games we could come away saying they have had years to build and invest and simply have better players.

The worst thing about today for me was it was down to a lack of desire / awareness from our players for their goals and a lack of style and system from our management, which highlighted and compounded our lack of strategy in our transfer policy.

1 minute ago, BlueThunder said:

This is partly on us as fans however painful as that might be to hear. We mocked their manager and their Asian signings creating a feeling that we would stroll to the title last year, then continued with the belief that we would be better than them this season, that we had the better squad etc etc .

They got rid of the guy responsible for their signings (I think) and whoever has come in seems to have a far better success rate than us. Essentially their success is based on the last two transfer windows and their manager actually having a game plan. Look at how they play - fast, intense play that blows most in Scotland away, and sadly us too today.

They are not undefeatable, and hopefully they will lose a few players in the CL campaign. However we need to look at them objectively now and accept they are favourites for the title again.

We CAN come back from this. We need to at least level peg with them until the next transfer window and then get the fucking players in we need, and get rid of others.

It is a hugely disappointing day, but at least we now know the size of task ahead of us.

We already knew the size of the task beforehand. Not many realistically expected a result given how both have started.

They don't drop points very often and we seem to wherever we have a tricky away day. 

Unless Gio suddenly changes how we set up and play and our attacking players actually play with some intensity and drive then the league looks a bridge too far already.

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

We already knew the size of the task beforehand. Not many realistically expected a result given how both have started.

They don't drop points very often and we seem to wherever we have a tricky away day. 

Unless Gio suddenly changes how we set up and play and our attacking players actually play with some intensity and drive then the league looks a bridge too far already.

I would argue that most of us felt on day one of this season that we would win the league. That was the prevailing feeling, as far as I can tell at least. I don’t think most of us feel that way now. I take your point about lack of signings this week changing the mood.

Regardless, you are right - Gio needs to change the way we ply in Scotland if we stand to have a fighting chance of getting the title.

2 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

They got rid of the guy responsible for their signings (I think) and whoever has come in seems to have a far better success rate. Essentially their success is based on the last two transfer windows and their manager actually having a game plan. Look at how they play - fast, intense play that blows most in Scotland away, and sadly us too today.

I can accept the point where you say its partly on the fans, aye they might have been underestimated with the Aussie and the signings but would point to the fact he's spent over 40 million in 3 windows, its hardly a miracle story that he's been able to turn them around

The next part though is our biggest problem, saying we can turn it around, simple question is how? We clearly aren't going to match them spending wise unless there's a tim like protest where we oust half the board and they feel they have to spend, we can't just rip up contracts for the players we want rid of & they are miles ahead of us.

Our only options are to either find a manager that can turn this squad around (Gio isn't the answer) or accept that as it stands, we're settling for 2nd in the league and European football (which is what the board seem to have aceepted) 

1 minute ago, BlueThunder said:

I would argue that most of us felt on day one of this season that we would win the league. That was the prevailing feeling, as far as I can tell at least. I don’t think most of us feel that way now.

Regardless, you are right - Gio needs to change the way we ply in Scotland if we stand to have a fighting chance of getting the title.

Nope

4 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I get what you are saying but even if we took the threat seriously what could we realistically have done?

We all wanted the club to invest and strengthen the same key positions/roles last summer, last winter and this summer and they ignored us.

Many have raised concerns about our style of play but we can’t sit down with Gio and tell him to change.

Fundamentally the club see us as customers and until we have fan representation on the board which is there to represent the fans and not just to coin in for themselves personally that is exactly what we are.

5 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

I can accept the point where you say its partly on the fans, aye they might have been underestimated with the Aussie and the signings but would point to the fact he's spent over 40 million in 3 windows, its hardly a miracle story that he's been able to turn them around

The next part though is our biggest problem, saying we can turn it around, simple question is how? We clearly aren't going to match them spending wise unless there's a tim like protest where we oust half the board and they feel they have to spend, we can't just rip up contracts for the players we want rid of & they are miles ahead of us.

Our only options are to either find a manager that can turn this squad around (Gio isn't the answer) or accept that as it stands, we're settling for 2nd in the league and European football (which is what the board seem to have aceepted) 

I guess I am clinging to the hope that there is a lot of football still to be played. We have the ability to beat every single team bar them if we play as we can. If we get to January (with or without Gio)with the same points difference or better then we may be able to correct some issues with the team, that’s all.

54 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Honest question, what you hoping for the Champions League games?

Just getting there is our current aim tbh, we're years away from being able to genuinely discuss getting out the group (without massive luck) 

Europa is our level, the teams there are still punching above us money wise but they aren't the mega teams we'll play against in the next few months. 

Can see us getting a record low points total if we go about it like today.

Has anyone any idea what the European payments and bonuses are?

Maybe our structure is such an incentive to succeed there that the league really is small beer to the players?

2 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I guess I am clinging to the hope that there is a lot of football still to be played. We have the ability to beat every single team bar them if we play as we can. If we get to January (with or without Gio)with the same points difference or better then will may be able to correct some issues with the team, that’s all.

Fair enough, unless they have a massive injury crisis though I honestly don't see it & even then we're still hoping the board release the funds to spend!

If you're being honest, Aberdeen/Hearts are fucking licking their lips at us coming over the next few weeks, we're fucked with injuries and confidence must be rock bottom after today

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

Can see us getting a record low points total if we go about it like today.

Has anyone any idea what the European payments and bonuses are?

Maybe our structure is such an incentive to succeed there that the league really is small beer to the players?

Funny thing is I wouldn't be surprised if we pick up 4/5 points in the group stages, that's when Goldson/Kamara/Kent seem to save their best performances for, under the floodlights in Europe

Possible about the structure, wouldn't be surprised as the money in Europe compared to the league must be crazy but you'd think from a personal standpoint they'd be wiling to show up for both!

2 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Funny thing is I wouldn't be surprised if we pick up 4/5 points in the group stages, that's when Goldson/Kamara/Kent seem to save their best performances for, under the floodlights in Europe

Possible about the structure, wouldn't be surprised as the money in Europe compared to the league must be crazy but you'd think from a personal standpoint they'd be wiling to show up for both!

I’m just wondering whether the money is what makes the distinction.

I've said this before but it bares repeating again. I  can take losing a game of Football ,  It is afterall what the game is about.

It is the manner in how you lose the game however that I pay attention to. Compete and make a game of it then lose I have no complaints on the whole.

Once again , and not for the first time either , a Rangers team simply isn't ready to play a game of Football at that shithole , and in other games as well , when the referee blows his whistle to start the game.

Can someone please explain that to me?

To play in a game at the home of your biggest rivals and actually play worse than you did 6 months previously against them , have the game done and dusted by half-time , and not even show up , is nothing short of embarrassing and I don't care what the board , the Manager or the players come out and say afterwards.

They ALL embarrassed themselves , the Club and the fans by rolling over and having their tummies tickled by turning in the worst performance you could ever imagine from so called professional Football players , all done while wearing a Rangers jersey.

I'm not having that and neither should any of you.

They are streets ahead of us right now in how to approach a game and , more importantly , how to start a game.

Sick to death of watching this team not show up for the start of games. That all starts in the dressing room.

5 hours ago, Canabear said:

I've said this before but it bares repeating again. I  can take losing a game of Football ,  It is afterall what the game is about.

It is the manner in how you lose the game however that I pay attention to. Compete and make a game of it then lose I have no complaints on the whole.

Once again , and not for the first time either , a Rangers team simply isn't ready to play a game of Football at that shithole , and in other games as well , when the referee blows his whistle to start the game.

Can someone please explain that to me?

To play in a game at the home of your biggest rivals and actually play worse than you did 6 months previously against them , have the game done and dusted by half-time , and not even show up , is nothing short of embarrassing and I don't care what the board , the Manager or the players come out and say afterwards.

They ALL embarrassed themselves , the Club and the fans by rolling over and having their tummies tickled by turning in the worst performance you could ever imagine from so called professional Football players , all done while wearing a Rangers jersey.

I'm not having that and neither should any of you.

They are streets ahead of us right now in how to approach a game and , more importantly , how to start a game.

Sick to death of watching this team not show up for the start of games. That all starts in the dressing room.

Can't disagree with this post.

6 hours ago, J_RFC87 said:

Colak seeking their player for a cuddle before the match

Gio saying his team talk was to 'go out and enjoy the match'

Signs were bad right from the start 

Have to admit, thought at the time that was ominous. Colak was cuddling Juranovic and Juranovic looked disinterested, focused on the game.