HM Queen Elizabeth II

Clemdog

5 minutes ago, gazza27 said:

Didn’t know that mate,says it all about they young lads 

They did an excellent job, considering, very proud moment.

Queen's pallbearers praised for their composure while carrying the coffin | Daily Mail Online

17 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

The words you have used are wonderful mate, we have watched it all in our hotel room (BBC) from 10 am to 6pm Spanish time.

We British are masters at these occasions and it was truly such a magnificent send off for such an outstanding woman, our dear late Queen.

So many moments that stood out but it really was the whole thing put together in such an impeccable way that swells your heart with pride.

To live all our lives under Queen Elizabeth II has been an honour and I believe Charles will do his very best to carry on in her footsteps.

God save the King. 🇬🇧

Can't disagree with you Bud ..... beyond proud .... She will be truly missed indeed.

🇬🇧

Saw this in the bbc pictures that defined the day, thought it really hit home what The Queen means to us and how her message of family, love, togetherness, unity and community for the greater good is all represented in this one image.

image.thumb.jpeg.f44c48c595e15f597179eb2c399aad7d.jpeg

Saw some guy on the TV last night saying HM said to him at Windsor, "I honestly don't understand why someone thought building a castle so close to a busy international airport was a good idea."

That's good patter from a lady of her years.

Not ashamed to say as well as watching the whole funeral from Westminster to Windsor,  I then watched the highlight show until 10 then the news. A woman I met in the queue for St Giles messaged and we shared our memories from last Monday and also our thoughts on today. Even in death the Queen was uniting total strangers

This was a day to lay our great Queen to rest but being an auld 'salt' I was disappointed wi the Naval contingent.Individuals wi their caps and cap tallies not squared off and trews not properly gatered.These things should have been picked up early on when they first fell in.

Watch the funeral of the Queens father George VI and you'll see the difference.

God save the King.

I've got to say when those boys took the coffin and started up the stairs at the end by arse was making buttons but they did their job flawlessly and will rightly tell their grandkids about today.

everyone involved in making it go smoothly can certainly be proud and in doing so showing the world why we are proud to be British