***The Official Rangers vs Napoli Thread***

Dan Deacon

1 minute ago, Big Al 55 said:

Listen, not arguing, but circumstances are totally different. Even I’m smart with hindsight.

Flat comparisons of specific signings aside, the more basic point is our recruitment is shite atm and theirs isn't. Which is annoying.

2 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Didn’t take long for the doesn’t matter he cost 7m he still tries patter.

For 7m the least I’d expect is somecunt to run about, could get a junior player to do that ffs

Theres absolutely nothing worse on RangersMedia than the 'but he works hard' posts.

12 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

We played well until we had a man sent off.

Off you fuck then...

Yes m8 we played magnificent football until we lost 3 0 at home, I'm not accepting this shite for a minute longer, off I fuck?  keep your head in the sand and hope it all goes away if it makes you happy , we are needing the club fucking told but we probably won't, we are a fucking mess but ok

So who signed Ridvan and Davies?

Don’t believe for a second it was GVB and he doesn’t play them.

Why have we an entire Dutch team and have never even signed a youth player?

We sign Ajax academy director / coach in a major coup and never even linked to a young player out of contract.

WTF

8 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

Just back from the game. The red card obviously changed the game. There was improvement from the first game. When the draw was made we knew how fuckin tough it would be. Just qualifying for the Champions League is our limit. 

Spot on. We were pissing against the wind after the red. Kamara had a nightmare though and they capatalised on it.

As a supporter you dream of going into the last 16. Highly unlikely now. Just hope we scrape 3rd place and get into the Europa. I never want to play in the Conference. Leave that diddy tournament to the unwashed. 

3 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Deflecting from your original point tho, if you said what you’ve said in the above comment I’d of agreed with you but you didn’t.

We’ve plenty to slate Rangers, Ross Wilson and Gio for let’s no make shite up.

Davies was fit and we were giving him time to bed in, he got injured again/missus took not well depending what report you read.

I'm not making excuses for 5/6 terrible, consecutive transfer windows.   I stand by my points.    We should be watching and expecting better with the resources gained and earned. 

5 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

But for £7m he is far from our best player.

Glen Kamara was 50k and this forum was almost universally saying he was our best or one of our best players a few years ago.  Now they are saying he is a 50k player. Go figure.

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

So trying is now good enough? 

I'd ditch Kent and wouldn't have went anywhere near Matondo in the 1st place. Made my thoughts pretty clear when we signed him.

You didn’t answer the question though. I don’t care what players cost, just who is best for our team.

Yes, I’d like better from him, or a better winger, but folk are only taking a pop because of his price AND the reverse mirror image across the city. Sad but true.

1 minute ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Spot on. We were pissing against the wind after the red. Kamara had a nightmare though and they capatalised on it.

As a supporter you dream of going into the last 16. Highly unlikely now. Just hope we scrape 3rd place and get into the Europa. I never want to play in the Conference. Leave that diddy tournament to the unwashed. 

In the context of your post this reads like you think this is an option for us this season.

Thought we did well til the red. Sands seems to be walking red card in most games now. Thought Gio tried to go for it a little with his subs and it didn’t work out. 3-0 seems harsh but shows the gulf in class. 

In isolation; not the worst. After two 4-0 defeats and trips to Tynecastle and Anfield soon; ominous for Gio. 

there needs to be a degree of acceptance tonight , we fell to a great team but we performed admirably something we have failed last 2 games, perspective is everything, results are what we need but in defeat our team giving all they have can never be undermined

7 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

The price doesn’t matter - he still tries and puts in the effort.

A question- if you had to ditch Kent or Matondo are you saying you’d keep Matondo?

I think if you give Matondo a run in the team he would give you a better return than Kent Currently does, I would drop Kent for the weekend and start Montondo on the left.

9 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Because he is one of if not our highest earner and his output is utter dog shit in return. He's not kicked a ball since Dortmund 

He doest score. He doesn't assist and he struggles to beat a man. He peaked about 2 years ago 

Done with him

For all the criticism of him, particularly the valid criticism on his abysmal number of goals, the bit in bold is an absolute nonsense even in this bad run of form he's in.

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

For all the criticism of him, particularly the valid criticism on his abysmal number of goals, the bit in bold is an absolute nonsense even in this bad run of form he's in.

He consistently makes the wrong decision, when he does beat his men rarely ever picks anyone out.

But at least he takes them on 😢

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Apart from tonight I can barley remember the last time he regularly took a man on and didnt go back on himself.

6 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Blind as fuck if you think he beats his man time and time again. He loses the ball constantly and goes back because his daft wee stepovers don't work. 

We get you have a soft spot for him but he's utter shite, time to accept it.

9 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

I think if you give Matondo a run in the team he would give you a better return than Kent Currently does, I would drop Kent for the weekend and start Montondo on the left.

Fair play, you (and the majority of this forum) have your opinion.

I want to be proven wrong about Matondo. However just watching the way he plays, the way he ducks out of tackles, misses passes, I feel he isn’t right for us. Maybe we are playing him wrong I don’t know.

I wasn’t meaning to single out Matondo specifically - I just feel there are others who give less than Kent and aren’t figures of opprobrium. The fact Kent cost £7m odd is neither here nor there. I’m just looking at players not price tags.

I just think Kent gets a really rough ride these days when he is one of our very few threats, even if he is inconsistent and in poor form.

2 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Yes m8 we played magnificent football until we lost 3 0 at home, I'm not accepting this shite for a minute longer, off I fuck?  keep your head in the sand and hope it all goes away if it makes you happy , we are needing the club fucking told but we probably won't, we are a fucking mess but ok

Where did I say we played magnificent football? Making shit up now. Pathetic. Get a grip. 

Head in sand is pure sad 1970's patter.:craphead: Very original. 

Won't reply to any more of your boring posts tonight you lunatic. 

So fuck off. 

11 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Glen Kamara was 50k and this forum was almost universally saying he was our best or one of our best players a few years ago.  Now they are saying he is a 50k player. Go figure.

You didn’t answer the question though. I don’t care what players cost, just who is best for our team.

Yes, I’d like better from him, or a better winger, but folk are only taking a pop because of his price AND the reverse mirror image across the city. Sad but true.

Issue we have is neither are good enough to achieve what we want.

Kamara has looked 50k again since his big move went down the shitter.

17 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

A question- if you had to ditch Kent or Matondo are you saying you’d keep Matondo?

Yes. Kent is shit and has been a main stay in that team week after week. His form is getting worse. He appears to be safe in the knowledge that he will never get dropped. Matondo hasn't even had a real chance yet. He's raw and at least looks hungry. We might have a player there. Kent looks finished.

4 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I want to be proven wrong about Matondo. However just watching the way he plays, the way he ducks out of tackles, misses passes, I feel he isn’t right for us. Maybe we are playing him wrong I don’t know.

I wasn’t meaning to single out Matondo specifically - I just feel there are others who give less than Kent and aren’t figures of opprobrium. The fact Kent cost £7m odd is neither here not there. I’m just looking at players not price tags.

I just think Kent gets a really rough ride these days when he is one of our very few threats.

Kent’s like the big expensive firework you save till last get awe the weans excited about it only for it to shoot about 30 feet in the air then fizzle out with no bang 

2 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I wasn’t meaning to single out Matondo specifically - I just feel there are others who give less than Kent and aren’t figures of opprobrium. The fact Kent cost £7m odd is neither here nor there. I’m just looking at players not price tags.

I just think Kent gets a really rough ride these days when he is one of our very few threats.

I'm pretty sure Matondo played on the left in Germany. Perhaps drop Kent and try him there.