***The Official Rangers vs Napoli Thread***

Dan Deacon

Sick to death of watching Kent get in the box and just cross in hope. First half he had Morelos, Arfield and Tav to pick out and missed all 3 of them, he’s about 10 yards away from them. 

Matondo getting the ball on the break and running sideways to concede a throw in just about sums it up. 

After sleeping on it I've relaxed a bit about it. We put up a fight with 11 vs 11 and could have nicked it, but the red card changes the game completely.

The reality is that we don't belong at this level. We don't really have a player in that squad who is Champions League calibre and we haven't invested enough or in the right places to realistically be expecting much other than a bit of fight, which we seen last night. We are simply miles out of our depth in terms of quality.

Well done on defying uefa and singing God Save Our King, massive shout out to the display in the Broomloan, superb all concerned. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻🇬🇧We were always up against it no matter, the ref looked under orders to scupper us any chance he got, could go on about the actual game, the manager etc but there’s enough experts doing that at moment so will refrain from it except to say Allan McGregor what a Legend still doing it at the highest level. 👏🏻👏🏻💙 Well it’s father clancy and the irabs game next so can see more controversy on the horizon. uefa’s motm. 
922D9AB1-FD45-4396-BBC6-942E5126DCCE.thumb.jpeg.39abf6094017667e9b59d19964881e9d.jpeg

Wasnt overly disappointed with last night performance. Had a lot more about us than we have in the last few weeks.

Thought we created a few good opportunities and showed a bit more grit. 11 vs 11 and we were 100% in the game. 

The sending off totally fucked it obviously.

Sands is a total liability. An accident waiting to happen. I'm not basing this on just last night as I believe he was slightly unlucky with the shite touch by Simone, but he's a yellow card ever game the way he plays.

The partnership with him and Goldson just doesn't work.

Napoli are a set of cheating, driving, rolling about bastards that I'd be ashamed of if our lads had been doing that for 90mins.

46 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

were in the champions lg to collect the cheque, i said from the start we would be lucky to pick up a point, were uefa cup standard. this champions lg is another level and its showing it. 

I thought we did well with eleven players on the pitch. 

4 hours ago, sausagetrunks said:

were in the champions lg to collect the cheque, i said from the start we would be lucky to pick up a point, were uefa cup standard. this champions lg is another level and its showing it. 

Thats the boards take too. CL cash and take whatever they can get from the rest of the season.

We are a mess on and off the field.

Thank fuck for the support 

51 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Just seen the Sands challenge for the penalty back.

Dearie me, looked like it was harder not to win the ball.

Someone suggested if the napoli player kicked it where he meant to, think he may have miskicked it, Sands would have got the ball. Tbh I think the penalty call was close but correct. Not sure it needed to be a booking with lundstrum in close as well. Anywhere else on the pitch it is just a foul.

19 hours ago, sausagetrunks said:

The harsh reality is the season in terms of success was done when we qualified. Anything else is a bonus. The money is vital and we've earned it. Obviously desperately hoping for more than that. But as sore as it is, getting six pumpings in the CL group stages doesn't matter. Getting there is all important. 

Getting 6 pumping matters for our coefficient,  would rather have a chance of some form of progression. It is a farce how big the jump is between CL and EL tbh. Though some of is luck of the draw. Last season's Napoli is a much lesser team than this year's. They look a cracking outfit.

Back to being really low seedings if this continues.

On 15/09/2022 at 08:01, Prso's headband said:

Sick to death of watching Kent get in the box and just cross in hope. First half he had Morelos, Arfield and Tav to pick out and missed all 3 of them, he’s about 10 yards away from them. 

Matondo getting the ball on the break and running sideways to concede a throw in just about sums it up. 

The ma tundo signing akone should see Wilson gone.

I hope GVB turnds it around but dont see it. Full clearout of the board too required.