World Cup - Qatar 2022

G.E.C.

England pretty well had a bye to get to the group stages same as in 2018, this time the draw did not go their way.Nevertheless the pundits were still positive that they would go all the way and “bring football home”. To be honest with the players they have available the semi final should have been achievable especially with France missing so many expected starters in this tournament. It was embarrassing to see Maquire attempting to get penalties late in the game by throwing himself to the ground and silence from Dixon about this.

16 hours ago, JamieD said:

Can't understand how anyone can fail to enjoy this, apart from the Dutch. Football needs colour, diversity of characters. I want Argentina to be bastards. It's what they're there for.

Totally agree. Thats what made it the game of the tournament so far for me. It had everything.

3 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

I find arguments like this tiresome....do we just ignore that in 2016 that Sweden knocked the powerhouse Germany out at the group stages....England play the team they are presented with through the draw....I Don't buy this piss "if Argentina hadn't drew against so and so...then England would have played Spain instead of Denmark" it's all bullshit, you can only beat what is presented in front of you.