James Tavernier

KeyserSoze

5 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Take away the two fantastic goals and I still thought he played well defensively. As did Borna on the other side. 

As he did in the last game against them. Did anyone know that Maeda played today ant the last game? Thought not.

Only thing and it is worth mentioning is that Tav has definitely lost mobility. I've always been athletic myself and understand first hand how age catches up with you even in your 30s.

He's smarter in his auld age though. Definitely more defensively astute whilst still producing the attacking numbers.

Actually more than producing in attacking numbers. He's scaringly awesome in that matter on a World level.

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

As he did in the last game against them. Did anyone know that Maeda played today ant the last game? Thought not.

Only thing and it is worth mentioning is that Tav has definitely lost mobility. I've always been athletic myself and understand first hand how age catches up with you even in your 30s.

He's smarter in his auld age though. Definitely more defensively astute whilst still producing the attacking numbers.

Actually more than producing in attacking numbers. He's scaringly awesome in that matter on a World level.

Everyone knows on here, I've given Tav a fair bit of stick in the past, but today is not one of them. Yes, two games in a row he has handled Maeda well.

100 goals for a right-back. A record that will never be broken. 

And speaking of full-backs. The wee ugly Canadian cunt loves a tackle. He is decent, but was responsible for Morelos's goal, and where was he at Tav's header? Another slightly over-hyped player.

3 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

Tav wasn’t at fault for the goal. O’Riley runs off Jack. It’s jacks fault then as usual we don’t seem to pick up on Kyogo who does the same thing every single time. Davies gets done.

Thought Tav was brilliant going forward and defensively. Maeda got nothing out of him. We just gifted them 2 goals with errors and Jack didn’t track his runner

Jack is usually quite solid but played his part in two of their goals. Letting O'Riley run off him like that, and the pass back to Souttar was heavy and unnecessary (Souttar still at fault too). 

I think players are cautious about getting too tight to Furuhashi as he goes down too easily, but no excuse for letting him ghost into position time and again. 

Tav is excellent when we play to his strengths in playing the attacking role, and proved his worth again today.

Tav's been brilliant for us over the years. Doesn't get enough credit. We'll miss him when he's gone. 

I think he's good enough that he could've been in some of our better teams over the years. He's been unlucky in a way being surrounded by some of the shite we've had in recent times. 

31 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

Tav's been brilliant for us over the years. Doesn't get enough credit. We'll miss him when he's gone. 

I think he's good enough that he could've been in some of our better teams over the years. He's been unlucky in a way being surrounded by some of the shite we've had in recent times. 

I don't think he'd have got a sniff at us in our better teams when he first arrived and by the time he was good enough to get into our better teams we probably wouldn't have been able to afford him.

So I think for him he probably did join at the perfect time for him personally.

1 hour ago, NixonRFC said:

It's a gutter for him that his 100th goal came in a game against them we got beat in, that'll probably always be bittersweet for him (and us) whenever we talk/reminisce about the day he scored the 100.

Tbh i think he and we can take solace in the fact that he at the very least showed up and tried to keep us in it. One of possibly 2 maybe 3 players that got pass marks.