James Tavernier

KeyserSoze

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Take away the two fantastic goals and I still thought he played well defensively. As did Borna on the other side. 

Defensively he got raped for the first goal oz. He’s a really shite defender mate. Bornas a bombscare and needs to go. 

12 minutes ago, SANDYGER said:

Same old cut back shit that drives you wild, but apart from that he did us proud

So he should have tried to cut out a cutback rather than block a ball across the face of goal? Seriously,is that your grievance with him today?

Been critical of him a lot but today goals aside he was superb for the majority of the game he did have a lapse though allowing one of them to get in front of him and onto a loose ball in the box.

The goals superb especially the FK and determination to get in about them was more like the old Tav .

I thought overall he was decent, great goals as well, so obviously gets more than pass marks.

My one complaint, and it's a repeating one in these games, is he gives their players too much space in the wide position when they're looking for a cut back. Leads to goals.

But anyway, it's an astonishing return. I hope his trophy hall improves so that he can be remember as a great.

40 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Take away the two fantastic goals and I still thought he played well defensively. As did Borna on the other side. 

They did and fair play to them both,  it was our centre halves that absolutely fucked it for us today, giving them another "*easy" win against us.

*It wasn't, it was our best performance in their midden in about 2 years.

33 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Defensively he got raped for the first goal oz. He’s a really shite defender mate. Bornas a bombscare and needs to go. 

The first goal had nothing to do with him. It was whoever didn't track O'Riley from midfield that left him exposed.

I thought bar the two goals he wasn't great, but at least he affected the game.

3 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

The first goal had nothing to do with him. It was whoever didn't track O'Riley from midfield that left him exposed.

I thought bar the two goals he wasn't great, but at least he affected the game.

The ball came in from his flank again. Usual repetitive pishy goal we let in game after game against them. Tav is a shite defender. 

2 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

He’s not going to stop every single cut back, same as Barasic.

Its on the CB’s to actually watch their man.

100% spot on couldn't believe the room their player got for the first goal, none of our two centre backs picked him up