General Transfer Talk

Broxi

34 minutes ago, turbo1 said:

“Before today, I hadn't really updated you on where things stand when it comes to Rangers going after forwards because I didn't feel that the information I had could be passed on at that stage.
A lot of names have been thrown around but most of them are not really Rangers targets.
Having spoken with a couple of people (and one of them is someone close to this Rangers board), I can tell you that Rangers interest in Cyriel Dessers is very real.
Rangers had previously approached Cremonese but the Italian club are quite firm in their valuation at this time. It will be interesting to see if Rangers put in another bid but conventional wisdom would suggest that there should be another approach for the forward in the coming days.
Just don't expect this done super fast.
Now, I know certain outlets have claimed that Rangers are no longer interested in Luis Palma, but that's not true. According to the same source close to the Ibrox board, the valuation for Palma is high as Aris are sticking to their guns, but Rangers interest is still very much there.
This will not be done immediately as Aris knows the worth of their player, so it will turn out to be a bit of a waiting game. However, Rangers do want Palma, and the player is interested in making the move. It's just the question of finances (then again, aren't most moves?)
Also, before I end the column, just wanted to tell you all that the wait for Jose Cifuentes should end very soon for Rangers fans.”

Cheers mate. He’s not really saying much that we couldn’t guess. There’s interest at the right price but they want more than we want to pay atm

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

It’ll be grand, what’s the sense moaning about something when nobody has even seen what he’ll be like 

My reservation is more about the length of contract than the unknown earnings.

We've been stung before with long contracts and if, for whatever reason, it doesn’t work out, we’re left with him a long time.

Even at 25k per week (my guess is that it will be more than that), that’s over five million but that doesn’t concern me as much as the length of contract.

Just now, NorthernLights said:

Galatasaray and Besiktas being linked with Kamara per the daily mail (I saw a link from Ibrox news but didn’t click through and find it). Price quoted was £6 million. Would take that tbh

I'd take £3m for Kamara at this point just to get him out the fucking door. An empty jersey.

15 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

My reservation is more about the length of contract than the unknown earnings.

We've been stung before with long contracts and if, for whatever reason, it doesn’t work out, we’re left with him a long time.

Even at 25k per week (my guess is that it will be more than that), that’s over five million but that doesn’t concern me as much as the length of contract.

If the rumours are true he could have stayed at Man U and earn a lot more. If it doesn't work out I'm sure he'll have offers down south as a back up keeper.

4 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Rumoured 6, you’d take 3? Any chance you’re related to Martin Bain?

Rumoured to be six, but I don't think we'll be offered that, I'd reckon closer to 3-4m is what we'd probably be offered, and I'd take that.

I'd obviously take six if they offered it.

11 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Galatasaray and Besiktas being linked with Kamara per the daily mail (I saw a link from Ibrox news but didn’t click through and find it). Price quoted was £6 million. Would take that tbh

In a heartbeat.

Paid 50k and he's done here. Excellent business if we can do it.

50 minutes ago, Del said:

How much is "massive wages"?

£15k?
£20k?
£25k?
£30k?

Reports said he wanted to break our wage structure, fan media also said despite being a free transfer he will be a significant financial outlay. 

If you say why believe it, then I will say you can’t just pick and choose what you want to believe. Reports are the only reason we know about any transfer, including this one, the same ones are saying he’s going to be a top earner. 

1 hour ago, RossS1873 said:

More of a 2+2=5 situation. A private jet leaves Glasgow to Bordeaux. Has there been someone who plays for Bordeaux been at some point linked to Rangers than can now leave on a free? Yes! It's more likely nothing but it's fun to speculate. 

Fuck, I still had to google that to work out it was refering to Josh Maja (who I also know nothing about).

48 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

6 mill for kamara aint happening after last season

2 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Because for some reason, especially last year and this window so far, you’re supposed to just be happy at every signing and not have any doubts.

Ross Wilson isn’t involved (although he was responsible for identifying many of the targets) therefore they can’t be bad signings. Or something. 

Just now, The Dude said:

Ross Wilson isn’t involved (although he was responsible for identifying many of the targets) therefore they can’t be bad signings. Or something. 

Funnily enough now that Beale’s here, the two signings are his and not Wilson’s :lol: 

I argued against signing Butland, mostly on financial grounds. However I must now get behind him.

Gerrard on a regular basis sang Kamaras praises. If he gets the Leeds job then there may be a chance that Kamara will join him. As to what fee we can expect for Kamara I have no idea. Whatever we get for him we will have made a profit.