Summer will see the biggest changes at Rangers in years

Loyal72

10 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

They had assets sold that raised them around 30m. Their manager spent almost 50m in the 2 seasons he's been here.

So whilst rhe situations may have been similar the solutions most certainly aren't. Beale won't have near the same assets to sell or warchest for spending.

I could counter that with who we sold and for what, our European run and our general spending since Gerrard/Gio and it’s probably on par 

10 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Not sure that age would be much of an issue in that kind of role these days. Especially for a guy who’s still as sharp and healthy as GS. Agree it won’t happen though. 

Wish it would, souness would help wield the axe off the park.

Harsh words are needing said. No more back slapping and happy clappers amongst the support.

Anypne whp goes to that player of the year night in the Hilton are everybit to blame imo, they must be hounded imo also. Why would you in your right mind pay and go to that???

Just now, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Three consecutive managed haven’t given him a look now, have you considered that the reality is that maybe McCrorie just isn’t that good, rather than it being some massive conspiracy that’s seeing him held back?

The point he couldn't muscle out McLaughlin during that period this season made my mind up he wouldn't make it to #1 spot. Keep him around as #2 and just always play #1.

My trust in the club to deliver a successful summer transfer market is on par with my trust yesterday in the players to deliver a result. Practically zero . The club is a mess and the mentality running through it and that has been allowed to fester for far too long is a shambles

7 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Yup am well aware of that I just think it'll be tough for us to win the title back whilst bedding in practically a new starting 11. It's roles reversed from our title winning year. 

new starting 11 isn’t required, a new front 3 and a dominant centre mid would transform us, there’s not much between midfield and defence between the 2 sides but our forward options are abysmal compared to theirs you swap Jota and Kyogo for Kent and Morelos we probably win the title. 

5 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Three consecutive managed haven’t given him a look now, have you considered that the reality is that maybe McCrorie just isn’t that good, rather than it being some massive conspiracy that’s seeing him held back?

He played twice and stood out in europe and the beggars.

At any other club, he gets a run.

No its because we lack a ruthless manager to make the tough decisions.

We are paying mcgregor 30k a week for another year here. Brutal. Thats why hes playing.

2 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

We are paying mcgregor 30k a week for another year here. Brutal.

McGregor won't be on anywhere near 30k a week. Our 3 keepers combined won't be on that.

18 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

They imploded having lost their captain, manager, CEO, star striker (Edouard) and then spent months chasing Eddie Howe who eventually told them to fuck off.

Their recovery shows what is possible so I don’t accept the “multiple windows to get things right” theory.

Goldson and Souttar with Raskin and Cantwell in front of them is the platform to build from. An entire forward line needed.

Our failings recently have been in the mind, not the legs - we need to start recruiting players as much for their mental strength as their skill at beating a man.

They didn't win away from home at the beginning of last year for about 3 months.  they won it so in the end they got it right but we gave them that chance early on should've been 10-12clear.  Different story then imo

Kent and Morelos have surely pulled on a jersey for the last time. They can be told to start packing their bags right now.

It's easier to look at who I would keep. Tav and Goldson for sure along with Cantwell and Raskin. A case could be made for Borna.

The rest can go.

12 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

They imploded having lost their captain, manager, CEO, star striker (Edouard) and then spent months chasing Eddie Howe who eventually told them to fuck off.

Their recovery shows what is possible so I don’t accept the “multiple windows to get things right” theory.

Goldson and Souttar with Raskin and Cantwell in front of them is the platform to build from. An entire forward line needed.

Our failings recently have been in the mind, not the legs - we need to start recruiting players as much for their mental strength as their skill at beating a man.

It is possible. I think it’s a harder job than they had though tbh. We will be lucky if we have half the funds they had for their rebuild. Our scouting department is still the same (minus Wilson). So given we signed 7 players and spent 15 million last summer. It doesn’t fill you with optimism.

I disagree the skill bit. We finished the game with Matondo, Arfield, Hagi and Sakala.

If those 4 were playing against us. I’d back us to keep a clean sheet. There’s 0 quality there. The 4 of them wouldn’t look out of place lining up for Hearts. 

On top of that as it stands they have a good manager and could easily have another 20 million to spend this Summer. 

We need a lot of chips to fall our way

15 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

This summer we should really go for it. 

Got a funny feeling the fat Aussie will bugger off down south at the end of the season. Big chance they'll fall apart as hes the only one running the show.

I think he gives them 1 more season 

1 hour ago, five stars said:

I've not seen enough of him to make a judgement. But if he ain't going to be good enough why is he still here?

Hopefully he'll get a chance before the end of the season.

Say the same thing every year , should have been gone long ago IMO

17 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Three consecutive managers haven’t given him a look now, have you considered that the reality is that maybe McCrorie just isn’t that good, rather than it being some massive conspiracy that’s seeing him held back?

Gerrard let him get experience at Queens and Livi as well.

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I think he gives them 1 more season 

It would be the best thing that could happen to us. As soon as he leaves then the dominoes fall. All of a sudden CCV, Jota etc will look and see what they can get paid down south and want to leave. (Realising they’ve achieved everything they can do here). And they become your Morelos, Kent, kamara etc.

Basically what happened with us. They’ll probably cash in on them though unlike us

Just now, OrangeRab said:

It would be the best thing that could happen to us. As soon as he leaves then the dominoes fall. All of a sudden CCV, Jota etc will look and see what they can get paid down south and want to leave. And they become your Morelos, Kent, kamara etc.

Basically what happened with us. They’ll probably cash in on them though unlike us

We will end up doing what we always do , pay off contracts.

20 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I could counter that with who we sold and for what, our European run and our general spending since Gerrard/Gio and it’s probably on par 

The point is that Beale won't have the luxury others have had including Postecoglu. 

13 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

We are paying mcgregor 30k a week for another year here. Brutal. Thats why hes playing.

If that’s the only reason why he’s playing then why did he start the season as the number two and only come back in because McLaughlin was howling :lol:

McCrorie did well in those games but he didn’t stand out. His performances are massively exaggerated 

I get that people are desperate for “one of our own” to do well but the reality with McCrorie is he’s just not as good as people on here want him to be or think he is in their own heads.

He’s a Rangers number two at best, if he was any more he would have had his chance and cemented his place by now and people need to stop trying to will him being a number one into existence.

53 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Kinda what the Tims said when the fat Aussie arrived. See how that rebuild went!

They invested heavily in thier squad and got recruitment near spot on.

We won't invest the same amount so our recruitment is going to need to be a shit ton better than what it has been. 

We need at least 5-6 first team ready players that can have an immediate impact.