Summer will see the biggest changes at Rangers in years

Loyal72

13 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Fucking gap feels bigger now than when we were in the third division cutting about with crap like Argyriou and Cribari.

That's the annoying part, they told us it'd take forever to cut that gap, 20 in a row, years of dominance all this shit.

We fucking cut that gap and won the league unbeaten!!!

Threw it all away.

:snapoutofit:

The gap does feel massive and they probably have a bigger budget this summer than we do (even before the prospect of what they could recoup in player sales)

We’re going to have to get very lucky and fluke 2 or 3 Bassey type signings this summer. Both for quality now and just to keep up financially with them

2 minutes ago, WWTC said:

It’s nowhere near that bad ma man, no matter how much it hurts. 

It's the hope that kills ye man, finally think we've rounded the corner, sorted ourselves out and back ready to regularly compete for and win trophies.

Then ye get slapped back to reality, this squad just doesn't care and isn't good enough, hasn't been for some years now.

A refresh in the summer, few decent signings and a good preseason and we might actually be on to something though...n there I go with the hope again.

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I never said otherwise. I just don’t think Beale’s papered over any cracks. The players have been awful all season.

Better results, and albeit not beating them the performances haven't been as bad. We've been a few individual errors away from winning each time rather than hoping it's not a cricket score.

3 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

It's the hope that kills ye man, finally think we've rounded the corner, sorted ourselves out and back ready to regularly compete for and win trophies.

Then ye get slapped back to reality, this squad just doesn't care and isn't good enough, hasn't been for some years now.

A refresh in the summer, few decent signings and a good preseason and we might actually be on to something though...n there I go with the hope again.

Cant get much worse atleast :lol:

1 minute ago, J-Maestro said:

Better results, and albeit not beating them the performances haven't been as bad. We've been a few individual errors away from winning each time rather than hoping it's not a cricket score.

Could not disagree more. Our performances for the most part are every bit as bad.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Could not disagree more. Our performances for the most part are every bit as bad.

First half today was one of the worst I've seen from us in a while to be honest, simple mistakes and basics of the game that you'd expect junior League players to be able to handle.

And then seven players not playing to the whistle and giving away a goal, I can genuinely say that's some of the worst I've seen from us.

The bar is much much much higher, surely.

Just now, Madina said:

If Alfie and/or Kent are still here next season that says it all. Two charlatans this season. 10 squad players should be gone but we will still be left with shite like Kamara and Wright next season. Guaranteed 

They shouldn't play again this season, nevermind being here next season (they won't be).

I don't expect Kamara to be here either, Beale needs to ask him what he's wanting because I don't think it's being here, even if we sell him for less than we think, we're making a profit.

Wright, I suspect we will keep, though I agree we can do much better.

4 hours ago, bluenoz said:

A win today offered false hope.

I'm actually excited to see how everything plays out in the next few months, especially without Wilson at the helm.

This is my thoughts also after this loss. Hopefully Bennett, bisgrove and Beale wipe the slate clean and bring in quality. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and of course we should have cashed in on the likes of Kent and Alfie when their stock was high, but there would have been a lot on here, myself included, who would have slated the board had they done that at the time, especially as Gerard appeared to want to keep them. I think that ruthlessness is what is currently separating us and them from a business perspective. Kyogo likely to be their player of the season, but at 28 with two years left on his contract, if they get a decent offer for him in the summer they will have no qualms in selling him.

6 hours ago, bluenoz said:

A win today offered false hope.

I'm actually excited to see how everything plays out in the next few months, especially without Wilson at the helm.

A win today would have papered over the cracks and falsely justified alot of them staying for next season.

Defeat has, and must now force their hand into wholesale changes.

It needs to happen.

No ifs, buts, or maybe's.

6 hours ago, Loyal72 said:

"Always with the positive waves, man."

Itsthehope.gif.7d0b78378931dece1889a9b6435f3e1b.gif

10 hours ago, Somemightsay7 said:

No, he clarified that everyone except from McGregor and Morelos were contracted to be here next season.

That doesn't mean they won't be sold 

Well he’s wrong if that’s what he meant ( which I don’t think it was) because Tillman and Arfield were involved