Summer will see the biggest changes at Rangers in years

Loyal72

2 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

It's not just the playing staff either. Our medical team need booted. 

Which reminds me, which player/ex player was it that said "The truth will come out soon....."? I can't remember now. Was it Roofe/Lawrence? :hmmm:

That was Ofoborh, haven't heard anything about that since - I don't think there was anything to that other than he was pished and upset about some things people were saying.

He deleted it and went quiet.

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Where is that faith coming from? What's it based on?

He is working with limited players but has overall got better from when Gio was here. We just don't have the quality right now. He needs a transfer window or 2 but if next year is much the same then it'll be different and we will need another change.

16 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Needs to be 12-14 out and 6 in. It’s completely doable with the amount we have out of contract. 

The players coming in have to be starters so guys that started today are benched or gone

Spot on.

“The squad is bloated” has been the mantra for ages but it’s been bloated with shit who contribute nothing.

12 out and 6 or 7 better players in plus develop the best of the youngsters.

There must also be more Tillman-like deals with option to buy around.

Just now, BlueboyG said:

Hes probably been told to talk positive about changes, he not long ago stated most of the team would be here next season apart from one or two.

Hopefully that was the last roll of the dice to try and get a tune out of them. If not we may aswel chuck it now

We played well today, better than I expected, and but for some bad luck we might have gotten a result. The biggest difference for me and the reason we were beaten, was not because they had better quality players but because they had 11 fully committed players, a team effort, and we were carrying passengers that detracted from our performance. There are certainly changes needed and it has got to be MB that sorts this out for next season, there is really no alternative to that.

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Because he’s 3 fucking idiots in front of him?

Think of his assist for Arfield in the St Mirren game, guy makes an intelligent run for him and Cantwell cuts them open.

Today he was faced with Morelos dropping very deep and unable to run, and Kent not trying a leg. More intelligent attackers that can be arsed making good runs, and I’m sure he’ll find them.

I was on about the better teams, but anyway I said in the match thread at the time and again in a post a couple before the one you've posted that I thought Cantwell was the best player on the park by a mile. So don't want to make this into something it isn't.

Just think it was all in areas that doesn't really hurt celtic though.

I disagree with this more than one window view. That supposes a gradual change of moving out those players that aren’t good enough. So we could still be left with some turning in their usual performances next season.  That’s not acceptable and could lead to trophies going across city again. 

It has to be a pulling off the sticking plaster/throw away the crutches moment. All out of contract players shown the door, and the likes of Mclaughlan, Barisic, Davies, Lundstram, Hagi, Kamara, Wright, Sakala and Colak, even Tav and Goldson moved on for whatever money we can get for them. 

Keep, Cantwell, Raskin, Yilmaz, Matondo, Lawrence, McRorie, Souttar, Lowry and to be honest some of those I’d only keep as they have only been here a year and jury is still out to be honest. Then hopefully Beale can  add another 5-7 players in Bosmans and paid for players who should be first team players.  Supplement the rest of  squad with youth.

I’d rather fail with trying mostly new players and  youth than fail with most of the ones we have now. 
No more tinkering around the edges, hoping these players will finally click/get it/grow a pair/find their lost form.

enough is enough. Clear the decks and start again

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

We really didn't.

The first half was absolutely awful. Sections of the support were booing when the half time whistle went it was that bad.

We had a decent 15 minute spell in the second half and couldn't capitalise. That's it.

Never even heard that :lol: 

They got booed when they came over to the 18 yard box after the game though 

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Wouldn't surprise me if we hear a confirmed announcement on a player in the coming days to take away the heat from losing.

Butland or Dowell probably gets confirmed. 

That and we'll see more stories leaked about potential signings. 

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Never even heard that :lol: 

They got booed when they came over to the 18 yard box after the game though 

Wasn't widespread but definitely audible where I was.

My seat was at the end of a row and right at an exist so as soon as the final whistle went I was out and away so didn't stay for that at the end.

4 minutes ago, Davidorrp said:

I disagree with this more than one window view. That supposes a gradual change of moving out those players that aren’t good enough. So we could still be left with some turning in their usual performances next season.  That’s not acceptable and could lead to trophies coming across city again. 

It has to be a pulling off the sticking plaster/throw away the crutches moment. All out of contract players shown the door, and the likes of Mclaughlan, Barisic, Davies, Lundstram, Hagi, Kamara, Wright, Sakala and Colak, even Tav and Goldson moved on for whatever money we can get for them. 

Keep, Cantwell, Raskin, Yilmaz, Matondo, Lawrence, McRorie, Souttar, Lowry and to be honest some of those I’d only keep as they have only been here a year and jury is still out to be honest. Then hopefully Beale can  add another 5-7 players in Bosmans and paid for players who should be first team players.  Supplement the rest of  squad with youth.

I’d rather fail with trying mostly new players and  youth than fail with most of the ones we have now. 
No more tinkering around the edges, hoping these players will finally click/get it/grow a pair/find their lost form.

enough is enough. Clear the decks and start again

I get the sentiment of what your saying, for me the couple of transfer windows only applies if we can see performances have massively moved on and we are just one or two short.

If we are expecting that we need a total rebuild I think there also has to be some acceptance that hitting on every transfer / every player settling straight away is a massive ask, and also we won’t have the budget to spend on every position we want strengthened so some may positions may have to be prioritised over others in the short term.

If we are demonstrably playing better, still in touching distance in the league (6 points max), won an OF game, in both cups and ideally still in Europe (however would also probably accept a good showing and narrowly missing out after last years fiasco) then I think he deserves the winter window to try and finish the rebuild.

If he misses any of those targets then he should be gone in my opinion as we can’t keep hanging around in the hope that he will fix it next window.

28 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Where is that faith coming from? What's it based on?

That when he gets better players in who don’t make utter horrendous defensive mistakes to gift goals or forward players who can’t score open goals or is a fat lazy prick.

There is only so much a manager can do from sidelines.