Robby McCrorie

Play him til the end of the season, give McGregor the final game as a send off.

Sell/release McLaughlin, McGregor retires and bring in a no.1 in the summer and promote mcrorie as no.2 and let him push on for a starting berth next season. Give him cup games etc.

I honestly have a bad feeling McGregor will sign for another year in some sort of playing/coaching role. As someone else said, his testimonial should be his swansong, no need to have another riddy situation like the SC final where he comes on and plays for the "sentiment"

2 minutes ago, Madina said:

I honestly have a bad feeling McGregor will sign for another year in some sort of playing/coaching role. As someone else said, his testimonial should be his swansong, no need to have another riddy situation like the SC final where he comes on and plays for the "sentiment"

I get that it’s been a shit season but why are some of our fans so self loathing about anything to do with the club all the time? 

McGregor shouldn’t play on Saturday but there’s nothing about giving a club legend a send off in the final game of the season that gives off riddy vibes.

14 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I get that it’s been a shit season but why are some of our fans so self loathing about anything to do with the club all the time? 

McGregor shouldn’t play on Saturday but there’s nothing about giving a club legend a send off in the final game of the season that gives off riddy vibes.

He had a send off in the SC final and look what happened after that. We've saw enough of him this season, it's not like hes been on the bench making no appearances. Its sentimentality for the sake of it. 

On this one occasion I'd play AMcG he knows we definitely know there's an inevitability coming from a shit passback or dithering defence leaving a one on one  with the keeper and as a shot stopper he's generally been pretty good even though he is on the verge of ending his career .

As well as young RMcC did last week and was dealt the very same scenarios as described above I think we need experience for Saturday especially in goal and if that bunch of dithering cunts are going to turn up for it and not be so stupid at the back more so then I'd rather AMcG give them the flak to protect young RMcC as an experienced pro if he's faultless on the day he'll have at least once again saved our arses and bailed out the dithering cunts in defence yet again.

Leaves a clean slate for the lad to come in.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

👎

Fair enough I just don't see our defence going through Saturday without the inevitable fuck up given the attitude to criticism they've done next to fuck all to rectify those basic errors AMcG included .

We all know they should have been dropped at various points this season that's down to management but as above the one player who lost likely will be debuting next season shouldn't be lumbered with the lazy arse attitude of that defence until it's sorted by MB & co.

22 hours ago, goaaaal said:

On this one occasion I'd play AMcG he knows we definitely know there's an inevitability coming from a shit passback or dithering defence leaving a one on one  with the keeper and as a shot stopper he's generally been pretty good even though he is on the verge of ending his career .

As well as young RMcC did last week and was dealt the very same scenarios as described above I think we need experience for Saturday especially in goal and if that bunch of dithering cunts are going to turn up for it and not be so stupid at the back more so then I'd rather AMcG give them the flak to protect young RMcC as an experienced pro if he's faultless on the day he'll have at least once again saved our arses and bailed out the dithering cunts in defence yet again.

If mccrorie doesnt play we learn nothing. Never a better chance for him to sample another old firm.

22 hours ago, goaaaal said:

You would be playing the one keeper who is too slow and immobile to actually come out and deal with it then

Souttar's back pass in the recent Old Firm was shit, no doubt about it, but any other keeper other than McGregor deals with it anyway

23 hours ago, Madina said:

He had a send off in the SC final and look what happened after that. We've saw enough of him this season, it's not like hes been on the bench making no appearances. It’s sentimentality for the sake of it. 

And what’s wrong with that? 

The guys played 500 plus games and given 15 odd years service to the club over two spells. Why shouldn’t he get subbed on or off and take what a minute tops to take in a round of applause, a final bow and a send off in a meaningless dead rubber end of season game?

I get that fans are frustrated atm with how the season has turned out, but there are some proper bitter cunt among our support just now :lol:

23 hours ago, goaaaal said:

That defies logic, McCrorie is getting off the line a hell of a lot better than McGregor.

13 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

And what’s wrong with that? 

The guys played 500 plus games and given 15 odd years service to the club over two spells. Why shouldn’t he get subbed on or off and take what a minute tops to take in a round of applause, a final bow and a send off in a meaningless dead rubber end of season game?

I get that fans are frustrated atm with how the season has turned out, but there are some proper bitter cunt among our support just now :lol:

Surely that’s what his testimonial is for though?