Graeme Souness Charity Swim for DEBRA.

Canabear

1 hour ago, Bad Robot said:

He said he’s going to announce a challenge he’s getting involved with on the 22nd of the month, something that’s important to him

Yeah his charity..

Cannot believe so many have been roped into this 😆 

Just now, The Godfather said:

Yeah his charity..

Cannot believe so many have been roped into this 😆 

It was bad enough people believing it when he said he was leaving Sky.. but closing the training ground, 5 SUV’s and a full board meeting at the training ground is fucking wild 🤣

Just now, The Beast said:

This is a horrible condition. If the magnificent bastard can raise some money to help with work towards treatment and a cure I would certainly support his efforts with a donation.

without a doubt and I’m sure many of us on here will help him try hit that £5M target 👏👏

Why do people take what’s apps as a thing?? 
It’s a glorified text message! I could message my pal on what’s app with a made up rumour and people believe it cos it’s what’s app!

We can’t be taken over as a club don’t understand how people can’t get that.

We have so many different shareholders that no one can just come in and buy them up straight away.

There is potential for someone to come in and buy a large majority of shares off people but it wouldn’t be an instant takeover as they would have to buy out the majority eventually.

Anyone who thinks we are being taken over when it’s not possible over a couple of what’s apps is genuinely a moron.

7 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

People have an absolute hardon for “the magnificent bastard” who fucked off for Liverpool at a much more vital point in the season than gerrard did to villa. One is loved, one is despised yet the two of them done the exact same thing but as I say one was at a much much worse time. 

I don’t get the clamour to have souness back at ibrox, it’s been like this for the last 20 year or so.

maybe in 15 year we will be like this for gerrard? 

I agree. Only difference is Souness left and we still won the league so he doesn’t get a bad rep for it. If he’d have left and we lost the league it would’ve been different I think. Same applies to Gerrard.

4 minutes ago, nik2402 said:

I agree. Only difference is Souness left and we still won the league so he doesn’t get a bad rep for it. If he’d have left and we lost the league it would’ve been different I think. Same applies to Gerrard.

We won it on the last day and it wasn’t straightforward when he left.

I just hate the hypocrisy with regards it tbh 

5 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

We won it on the last day and it wasn’t straightforward when he left.

I just hate the hypocrisy with regards it tbh 

I’m agreeing with you. Just saying why I think it’s viewed differently by some. Never understood it. Imagine Gerrard had left with 3 games to go in a title race in this day and age of forums and twitter 😂 Would be mental.

32 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

People have an absolute hardon for “the magnificent bastard” who fucked off for Liverpool at a much more vital point in the season than gerrard did to villa. One is loved, one is despised yet the two of them done the exact same thing but as I say one was at a much much worse time. 

I don’t get the clamour to have souness back at ibrox, it’s been like this for the last 20 year or so.

maybe in 15 year we will be like this for gerrard? 

I was always of the understanding Souness was willing to stay until the end of the season but Murray said no

Souness also had the benefit of everything Walter went on to achieve after he left to soften the blow as years have went by and time has made his persona and attitude an important part of our early years of dominating up here for over a decade 

Gerrards departure over time I think will always be linked with the fat Aussie landing a title they really should never have had the chance to win . But then also with Gerrard Seville probably never happens . Weird one to work out how time wil view it all as it is all still a bit fresh and raw 

1 minute ago, cr3_bear said:

I was always of the understanding Souness was willing to stay until the end of the season but Murray said no

Souness also had the benefit of everything Walter went on to achieve after he left to soften the blow as years have went by 

Gerrards departure over time I think will always be linked with the fat Aussie landing a title they really should never have had the chance to win 

I had to check on the old videos but yes the decision was made by Murray to make the change immediately. There is also an interview on that about where he talks about the reasons why he left. He was at constant war with the SFA, spending a lot of time in the stands suspended as a consequence and had early signs of his heart problem. I for one will always be grateful of the way he transformed us and set us on the path.