Graeme Souness Charity Swim for DEBRA.

Canabear

8 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

I was always of the understanding Souness was willing to stay until the end of the season but Murray said no

Souness also had the benefit of everything Walter went on to achieve after he left to soften the blow as years have went by and time has made his persona and attitude an important part of our early years of dominating up here for over a decade 

Gerrards departure over time I think will always be linked with the fat Aussie landing a title they really should never have had the chance to win . But then also with Gerrard Seville probably never happens . Weird one to work out how time wil view it all as it is all still a bit fresh and raw 

We’ve seen through countless examples that when a manager says he’s away it never goes well. 

1 hour ago, RFC55 said:

People have an absolute hardon for “the magnificent bastard” who fucked off for Liverpool at a much more vital point in the season than gerrard did to villa. One is loved, one is despised yet the two of them done the exact same thing but as I say one was at a much much worse time. 

I don’t get the clamour to have souness back at ibrox, it’s been like this for the last 20 year or so.

maybe in 15 year we will be like this for gerrard? 

Souness while leaving dealt with it in a much more professional manner, and was happy to stay until the end of the season. Murray said no.

We also went onto further success which softened it certainly. 

His effect on the club in terms of standards at the time from him coming in to leaving was also incredible.

Wouldn’t want him anywhere near the club now though. 

34 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

I was at a night with souness, boyd, de boer and maybe Numan (can’t remember) and souness said he regrets it etc but then again negri says the same when invited to narsa etc 

When I watch negri I feel he tries to hard with his videos about Rangers 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Souness while leaving dealt with it in a much more professional manner, and was happy to stay until the end of the season. Murray said no.

We also went onto further success which softened it certainly. 

His effect on the club in terms of standards at the time from him coming in to leaving was also incredible.

Wouldn’t want him anywhere near the club now though. 

Gerrard done the same.

Both walked out, both at differing times, both heads turned. Fuck both 

3 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Gerrard done the same.

Both walked out, both at differing times, both heads turned. Fuck both 

Gerrard raised standards, but ultimately delivered 1 trophy. Souness had 7 or 8 in the same timeframe. 

Players / managers are always going to move on. Just how it is. Can only look at what they achieved while they were here, and how they handled their exit really. 

2 hours ago, RFC55 said:

People have an absolute hardon for “the magnificent bastard” who fucked off for Liverpool at a much more vital point in the season than gerrard did to villa. One is loved, one is despised yet the two of them done the exact same thing but as I say one was at a much much worse time. 

I don’t get the clamour to have souness back at ibrox, it’s been like this for the last 20 year or so.

I do take your point and it was hard to take at the time but he admits he regretted leaving. 

On the other hand the rumour is almost certainly pish. 

6 hours ago, RFC55 said:

Rangers da’s have been pulling out the same “he would sort this group of wasters out” patter about Souness every time we have any sort of crisis for the last 20 years :lol:

6 hours ago, sRcFoCt said:

When I watch negri I feel he tries to hard with his videos about Rangers 

i was the same but a few people have posted he has went above and beyond to help the erskine appeal and has said he wished it went differently for him here and has nothing but good to say about Rangers

8 hours ago, RFC55 said:

Graeme Souness didn't piss off in the middle of the night like a thief in the dark.

2 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

Would be interesting to know what they’re viewing as the positives Souness brings to the table atm

In an ambassadorial role? He’s a globally recognised footballing figure who deeply understands and loves our club and who would be able to promote our brand more articulately and compellingly than almost anyone. He’s also a big, glorious bastard and we need more of them around. 

3 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Rangers da’s have been pulling out the same “he would sort this group of wasters out” patter about Souness every time we have any sort of crisis for the last 20 years :lol:

And they are right! He decked Durrant, so Kent would have been leathered good and proper.