Departures confirmed

RossS1873

5 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

I mean it’s that or bottom 6 and fighting relegation. Unless he heads back to Falkirk to try get them up the league.

Just can't accept it's over at Rangers for him. Know I'll have to shut up and deal with it. 

Wish him well.

9 hours ago, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

Arfield the only one I'm anything close to 'gutted' about. Helander was brilliant but don't really feel anything about that due to the amount of time since we last seen him. Don;t really feel anything to McGregor and I'm really looking forward to the the other two leaving.

Genuinely gutted to be losing Morelos. Arfield and Helander I can accept for differing reasons but gutted to be losing Alfie who weirdly I felt indifferent towards before the game tonight due to how his season has went. Wish all 5 of the exitors well tonight but gutted about Alfie.

12 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Genuinely gutted to be losing Morelos. Arfield and Helander I can accept for differing reasons but gutted to be losing Alfie who weirdly I felt indifferent towards before the game tonight due to how his season has went. Wish all 5 of the exitors well tonight but gutted about Alfie.

The guy downed tools months and months ago. Wish him well, but at the same time not sad to see the back of him. 

Whilst gutted about Arfield and McGregor, it’s probably the right call on Scotty and definitely on McGregor.  Helander has been injured so has to be done.  Shame as he was colossal for us when fit.

However, I’m completely gutted/frustrated the way this has went with Morelos and more so Kent.  Morelos hasn’t been at it all season and was even disciplined under GVB.  He was so often a standout for us in Europe and for a period under Gerrard caused celtic so many problems despite not scoring.  Kent however, ripped teams apart in Europe for us and was unplayable at times vs the filth.  How he has been allowed to become unmotivated and move on for free without a contract offer is beyond me.  As much as Tillman and  Cantwell have better numbers, I will be surprised if either of them are ripping apart strong European teams.  

So much unfulfilled potential there with Kent and leaving under a cloud.  

1 hour ago, theblueoysterbar said:

The guy downed tools months and months ago. Wish him well, but at the same time not sad to see the back of him. 

Aye I get that mate. Was the same as you before the game but after tonight I'm genuinely gutted.

Folk might think it's fuck all to be giving air time to but Ryan Kent last night, maybe he had a genuine reason idk but wearing his own gear was like two fingers up at the club for me, I'd be surprised if he ever hit's the heights elsewhere that he's managed with us albeit fleetingly.

12 hours ago, SonicWill said:

I’m most sad to see the back of Arfield. He’s just a solid, reliable pro. Never rocked the boat, always gave 100% and was always humble.

I remember an interview earlier this year when, in response to a question about being offered a new contract, he said he understood he was low priority. It just showed that he put the club first and knew his place, in the best way. 

Wish him nothing but the best going forward. 

Look at him :UK: 

22 hours ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Was going to post the Kent video in its own thread saying he's signed a new deal :fishing:

My favourite Alfie goal is the one v Porto beautiful and honestly thought then a Portuguese club would offer a fortune for him at that time.

13 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

Reckon Arfield will end up at Aberdeen or Hibs. He’s definitely good enough for the Top 6.

Hope he goes to Falkirk and starts getting some exposure to the coaching side there. He said he aims to play until he's 40, so that might be more possible if he's in some kind of hybrid role. If he has to join an SPL side, I'd rather it was Hearts than either of those manky clubs. 

Edit: hadn't thought about it before but also seems plausible he could go to the MLS for a few years before coming back to retire at Falkirk. 

54 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

How do you know who we are keeping them apart from Jack who is needed because of the European  trained rules

I know we are keeping Jack and he is done, I watched O Riley waltz away from him like he wasn't awake/aware in games giving him another year was a waste of a wage.

Beale's also been talking up Roofe who's done as well and should be paid off. 

7 hours ago, superallysbears said:

Folk might think it's fuck all to be giving air time to but Ryan Kent last night, maybe he had a genuine reason idk but wearing his own gear was like two fingers up at the club for me, I'd be surprised if he ever hit's the heights elsewhere that he's managed with us albeit fleetingly.

I’ll go the opposite and say he’ll be a success when everything isn’t expected of him wherever he plays. I also hope Alfie is a success and if he is well done as that will surprise me.

12 hours ago, RDB14 said:

Whilst gutted about Arfield and McGregor, it’s probably the right call on Scotty and definitely on McGregor.  Helander has been injured so has to be done.  Shame as he was colossal for us when fit.

However, I’m completely gutted/frustrated the way this has went with Morelos and more so Kent.  Morelos hasn’t been at it all season and was even disciplined under GVB.  He was so often a standout for us in Europe and for a period under Gerrard caused celtic so many problems despite not scoring.  Kent however, ripped teams apart in Europe for us and was unplayable at times vs the filth.  How he has been allowed to become unmotivated and move on for free without a contract offer is beyond me.  As much as Tillman and  Cantwell have better numbers, I will be surprised if either of them are ripping apart strong European teams.  

I would bet my house on Cantwell having a better career than Kent. He also has the potential to be a stand out in Europe. 

51 minutes ago, Smile said:

I know we are keeping Jack and he is done, I watched O Riley waltz away from him like he wasn't awake/aware in games giving him another year was a waste of a wage.

Beale's also been talking up Roofe who's done as well and should be paid off. 

I genuinely dont understand why we would pay off a player ultimately costing the same amount as keeping hold of him, when we know that even if he is fit for about 2 games, he could be useful.

That is the only way we could force a player out who does not want to leave.

13 hours ago, RDB14 said:

Times Kent has been unplayable in Europe and old firms. But there has been more times he's not turned up when we've needed him.

We need someone much more consistent and that will produce the numbers Kent couldn't