Next season

kelvd1873

On 04/06/2023 at 21:22, Smile said:

Did you think Beale performed well against them? one win in Five in a game that didn't matter for them?

My take on these 5 games is that the first one he blew it by going defensive with 20 to go when game was there for the taking, LC final, he gave them far too much respect with his starting lineup and by the time he addressed it the gane was lost. 

The next 2 I honestly think could have gone either way with very fine margins. On both days they went their way, on other days we could have won them. Morelos' goal stands we probably get draw at worst at their place and Sakala scores the sitter the SC game could have turned in our favour. I appreciate we lost them both buy very fine margins for me. Yes the last game was a dead rubber, but they didn't expect to take a beating like they did even with 4 players out. Too much was made of that as we have had 4 or 5 players missing all season. I believe that mauling made Ange realise he had no strength in depth in his squad and could well be a factor on him moving on. They dropped 8 points out of 9 as soon as they didnt have their best 11 available. 

32 minutes ago, Brubear said:

My take on these 5 games is that the first one he blew it by going defensive with 20 to go when game was there for the taking, LC final, he gave them far too much respect with his starting lineup and by the time he addressed it the gane was lost. 

The next 2 I honestly think could have gone either way with very fine margins. On both days they went their way, on other days we could have won them. Morelos' goal stands we probably get draw at worst at their place and Sakala scores the sitter the SC game could have turned in our favour. I appreciate we lost them both buy very fine margins for me. Yes the last game was a dead rubber, but they didn't expect to take a beating like they did even with 4 players out. Too much was made of that as we have had 4 or 5 players missing all season. I believe that mauling made Ange realise he had no strength in depth in his squad and could well be a factor on him moving on. They dropped 8 points out of 9 as soon as they didnt have their best 11 available. 

All fair points.

On 04/06/2023 at 11:03, Colin Traive said:

I agree with you although we always say that the next transfer window is critical :lol:

However this really does feel like a watershed moment with five already gone, Wright on his way to Preston, six clubs supposedly after Kamara and the fact that we are willing to listen to offers for Davies, Hagi, Colak etc.

I take great confidence in how well Raskin and Cantwell have done. If his signings maintain that standard, we will look and feel like a brand new team.

Is the kamara and wright stuff coming from credible sources?

On 04/06/2023 at 11:03, Colin Traive said:

I agree with you although we always say that the next transfer window is critical :lol:

However this really does feel like a watershed moment with five already gone, Wright on his way to Preston, six clubs supposedly after Kamara and the fact that we are willing to listen to offers for Davies, Hagi, Colak etc.

I take great confidence in how well Raskin and Cantwell have done. If his signings maintain that standard, we will look and feel like a brand new team.

Kinda makes you think we are actually in good hands as those are the players most of us would like to see punted.  

players coming in/already in seem an upgrade to what we have. 

Exciting times with Beale’s eye for a player 

On 05/06/2023 at 11:37, Malkytfp1 said:

Fucking hell. Did you watch the games? Souttars back pass to McGregor who came off his line like he was in the cast of coccon was a mistake. Davies heading a ball like he was playing Sunday league to their striker was a mistake. Fuck all to do with Ange's press.

:lol: cocoon what a fil that was back in the day 

We are going to be second favourites for everything next year. I hope the transfers are going to be spot on as the filth will strengthen again and most likely streamroll all the other clubs.

If Beale gets it wrong he will be gone, if he gets it right we stop any possibility of the filth dominating for a number of years.

We need to get this one right.

12 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

We are going to be second favourites for everything next year. I hope the transfers are going to be spot on as the filth will strengthen again and most likely streamroll all the other clubs.

If Beale gets it wrong he will be gone, if he gets it right we stop any possibility of the filth dominating for a number of years.

I'd honestly say the scum have it harder than us, they could very easily fuck the next appointment up.

32 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Would have agreed. But think a new manager for them changes everything. Style, scouting, player morale.

If you’re CCV, Kyogo, Jota.. you’re starting on the same journey as kamara, kent, Morelos. They don’t dream of playing in the spl and having seen their manager jump ship I’m sure a fair few will be calling up their agents.

1 hour ago, superallysbears said:

I'd honestly say the scum have it harder than us, they could very easily fuck the next appointment up.

Their money will make a huge difference like it did for Postecogliu. They have more assets to sell for more than us.

We have to hope they fuck up, or the timing impacts on their recruitment, or their manager has his own different style of play it takes time to impose etc. And we need to capitalise where any points are dropped.

But they'll be the bookies favourites for the league, and rightly so.

Still think that it will take 2 windows to make this Beale's own team. The amount of dross we have that needs shifted falls on RW but MB is the one who will have to fix it. Last season MB was trying to sweet talk some players in to giving some kind of a performance but it did not work with Alfie or Kent and a few others, some we do not know about. Hopefully MB can do the business but it is a lot of in's and out's in one window.

14 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Their money will make a huge difference like it did for Postecogliu. They have more assets to sell for more than us.

We have to hope they fuck up, or the timing impacts on their recruitment, or their manager has his own different style of play it takes time to impose etc. And we need to capitalise where any points are dropped.

I think they'll find it hard to reproduce the same form with a new man in charge, it'll surely be different no matter what they want to say about continuing to play like flange did, every manager good and bad will have their own ideas at the end of the day.

16 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Hopefully they go for Moyes then. He’s shown with West Ham he can spunk a war chest on dug shite

58 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

I think they'll find it hard to reproduce the same form with a new man in charge, it'll surely be different no matter what they want to say about continuing to play like flange did, every manager good and bad will have their own ideas at the end of the day.

I doubt they'd hit the same form even with the Postecoglu in charge tbh. 

Whoever comes in will have their own style but they've still a strong starting 11 to pick from and assets to sell. They'll likely tweak the format for now and might struggle to bring in players their new manager wants early in pre season.That's in our favour. 

But their banked money, a sold key asset or two, and guaranteed CL money means they can go out and buy a different level of player than us. That's the risk as it has been with them spending well on Dembele, Carter vickers, Edouard, Jota previously compared to our outlays (exclusive Kent ☹️).

Hopefully we've more money than I expect we do and that lessens the difference in the markets we shop in. Time will tell but don't underestimate their ability to try to spend their way to success if needs be.

Whatever way we spin in we are going into the new season with a rookie manager who got outthought by Barry Robson, beat in two cups, and won one game in five against them since coming here.

I'm hoping they appoint a complete dumpling if not it's going to be another hard season as Beale's training on the job.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

Whatever way we spin in we are going into the new season with a rookie manager who got outthought by Barry Robson, beat in two cups, and won one game in five against them since coming here.

I'm hoping they appoint a complete dumpling if not it's going to be another hard season as Beale's training on the job.

Beale had an average of 2.43 points per game last season, if he continues with that this season we will 100% win the league. There's no chance they appoint another manager who goes on a run like he did. 

I think in all the games you criticised him for, you could see there was progress and possibly with his own players we get even stronger. If we don't improve then I'll accept your "told you so". 

11 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Beale had an average of 2.43 points per game last season, if he continues with that this season we will 100% win the league. There's no chance they appoint another manager who goes on a run like he did. 

I think in all the games you criticised him for, you could see there was progress and possibly with his own players we get even stronger. If we don't improve then I'll accept your "told you so". 

We will have to wait and see but the games against them really had me worried as he showed all his inexperience. The I told you so was a wank post by me to be honest.

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

Or a manager who when come in racked up enough points to win the league in literally every other season. 

We pumped them the last time we played them. He inherited a team who were nose diving in from and full of players who had chucked it 

Instead of being permanently negative in your dislike of a Rangers manager it's maybe better to look at the positives.

I know you won't though  

We beat them when they had nothing to play for in all the other games we needed to win he didn't. Is it negative if a poster gives his opinions, surely you would rather read honest opinions than just wishy washy shite we see on here, whether you deem them negative or not. You cant honestly tell me if Beale had no connection to the club and no managerial wins under his belt and had not won in his last five games at QPR you would have appointed him manager.

If he wins I will give him credit, we now seem to have a new breed of supporter who hand out credit before anything has been achieved.