Welcome to Rangers! Jack Butland!

Loyal72

2 hours ago, Broxi said:

Don't think we've seen enough of him yet to comment how good or not he'll be for us. People were saying he was outstanding after a few games where he barely had to make a save. Made one with his feet from someone at a tight-ish angle in a previous game which was a good stop, everything else had been fairly routine.

Today was the first time he actually had a top save to make and he made it. So that's definitely increased my confidence in him. If he keeps that level up he'll be a top keeper for us. 

Had a couple of saves against Livingston and I’m sure at least one them was outstanding

Replacing McGregor was always going to be a huge challenge.So far so good ,Looks to have a huge presence,He’s quick off his line and made a few decent saves so far .Goalkeeper looks to be an improvement on last year .More to do with McGregor being a season too far though .Butland still a long way to go to matching McGregor at his best .

9 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Didn’t want him but he’s been very good so far.

Seems a leader too.

His commanding of his box and always being available to take the ball is some improvement on mcgregor who was pretty fucked last year 

2 hours ago, RFC55 said:

Don’t think we can praise him, really should be keeping clean sheets in matches like yesterday 

We should be keeping clean sheets but he had no chance with the goal and the 1v1 he does everything right. If roles were reversed you'd be going nuts at missing it

3 minutes ago, RossS1873 said:

We should be keeping clean sheets but he had no chance with the goal and the 1v1 he does everything right. If roles were reversed you'd be going nuts at missing it

Nope what next an England call up? 

My biggest concern losing McGregor to father time was replacing that leadership. McGregor let the team know what he thought and had huge character and presence.

Butland has a very different style, but he has a big presence and looks a leader at the back. 

Whilst, for whatever reason,he never quite kicked on from his early promise - it very obvious that he has spent a good chunk of his career subject to top level coaching.

I've been impressed with him. Looks to be made for our jersey, but we will see how it pans out.

12 hours ago, Badger said:

My biggest concern losing McGregor to father time was replacing that leadership. McGregor let the team know what he thought and had huge character and presence.

Butland has a very different style, but he has a big presence and looks a leader at the back. 

Whilst, for whatever reason,he never quite kicked on from his early promise - it very obvious that he has spent a good chunk of his career subject to top level coaching.

I've been impressed with him. Looks to be made for our jersey, but we will see how it pans out.

I can't believe he wasn't a regular with a big team. 

It's early days to judge, but I think Beale has found a gem.