The confidence in Michael Beale

Smile

Just now, The Specky Non Liar - Sometimes said:

I don't think many posters have that mindset at all, I think the vast majority have some faith in him as he made a noticeable difference when he came in last season but are waiting to fully judge him this season.

Pretty much.

The only niggle in my mind is that we lost two cup finals. But it's unfair to fully judge on that, because the majority of the squad had checked out, some were aware they were going elsewhere etc. We didn't get a full tune out of that squad.

Expect a trophy next season. Or the screw starts to turn for most I'd imagine.

Just now, Somemightsay7 said:

I did answer the topic, you ignored it.

He has the highest win % of any manager from either celtic or Rangers history and has got first only 2 signings we've seen perfect. That's why I have confidence.

Supporters can moan, but how about getting behind him and giving him a chance, rather than having it out for him from day one? He might fail and he can be rightly critised, but I've only ever seen you complaining about him since he joined.

It must have lost it in the negativity toward me regrettable that happens when I post as I have a large troll following, which is fair to say I have nurtured through my years here.

This is I guess what happens when a fairly positive guy like you meets a fairly negative guy like me we clash but I can still accept your point if they are delivered well.

2 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

I was unwavering right up to the semi final, the team needs gutted and if he can freshen it with quality then he'll do for me, still early but he needs to get a move on in the signings front, we need players.

I think the board have to go all in on the transfers and get us the best they can afford and the good thing is there's no Ross Wilson to blame now.

I prefer knowing the manager makes the final call.

48 minutes ago, Smile said:

At least you answered some of the question asked.

Beale has had 20 odd games I thought someone would at least tell me what they have seen so far tactically or in the teams structure in games to convince them that he's the man for the job.

In the 23 league games since he returned we won more points than the other mob did. Not sure what more you can ask for from an inexperienced manager with a demotivated squad and a disastrous injury list. 

1 minute ago, Johnstone Burgh said:

In the 23 league games since he returned we won more points than the other mob did. Not sure what more you can ask for from an inexperienced manager with a demotivated squad and a disastrous injury list. 

They also chucked it once they had won the league, or are we kidding on they did not?

I thought taking Beale on at this relatively early stage of his managerial career was a risk we shouldn't have taken, although he is proving to be a much better manager than I thought he would be, and I have confidence that we will be in a title race for the entirety of the season. 

He's been getting results with a squad of players who largely chucked it under Gio, the two signings he has made have been very good so far too. He's also shown a ruthless streak in the way he's dealt with Kent and Morelos, and we are starting to play with a strong identity. 

The minimum expectation is to win at least one of the cups and to be in the title race right up til the end of the season (with us hopefully winning). 

He needs the backing to get as many of his own players in as possible. 

Just now, Somemightsay7 said:

That's true, but half our players chucked it long before that tbf.

Yes, they did I was honestly at a point where I wanted everybody bar Cantwell and Raskin to go, which I guess is extreme as we still need continuity and players who know the club and the Scottish game.

But that's just the way I think,

4 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I thought taking Beale on at this relatively early stage of his managerial career was a risk we shouldn't have taken, although he is proving to be a much better manager than I thought he would be, and I have confidence that we will be in a title race for the entirety of the season. 

He's been getting results with a squad of players who largely chucked it under Gio, the two signings he has made have been very good so far too. He's also shown a ruthless streak in the way he's dealt with Kent and Morelos, and we are starting to play with a strong identity. 

The minimum expectation is to win at least one of the cups and to be in the title race right up til the end of the season (with us hopefully winning). 

He needs the backing to get as many of his own players in as possible. 

I liked Gio he won us things and got us to a Euro final but he struggled in the league his time was up. I thought he had lost the players and as a group they had downed tools.

It's always easier to sack one man than a whole team but questions still need asked if they are fully committed to Rangers.

6 minutes ago, Smile said:

I liked Gio he won us things and got us to a Euro final but he struggled in the league his time was up. I thought he had lost the players and as a group they had downed tools.

It's always easier to sack one man than a whole team but questions still need asked if they are fully committed to Rangers.

100% commitment has to be questioned, and it does look like Beale has / is making efforts to get rid of any disruptors in the squad. Largely the same players have let the past 2/3 managers down. 

I liked Gio too, the league and champions league performances were unfortunately unnaceptable and his position untenable. The fact that he got us to a Europa League final and won us our first domestic cup in a decade and was then sacked, (correctly) shows the expectations here and that Beale must win something this coming season.

7 minutes ago, Johnstone Burgh said:

When did we chuck it? October? Or is it only them you make excuses for?

If you look back the thread I said earlier our players chucked it under Gio.

Are you honestly saying you did not think they chucked it once they won the league?

More hope than confidence .A massive change in the team was long overdue , and now that is happening I am hoping the replacements make a difference .After the first half of last season , even hope went out the window . Since he took over , I have at least got hope back .Confidence will come with a run of good results .

1 hour ago, Helicopter Sundae said:

Just hang on the fuck a minute here. We conceded pathetic sloppy goals against them in at least 2 matches last season, and Sakala missed two glorious opportunities to change history, which he fucked. When the dust had settled and we played them at ours, we fucked them 3:0. They are only ahead because their tails were up and their confidence sky high. This shite about us being miles behind is interesting. WE GOT TO A EUROPEAN FINAL not that long ago, and stunned everyone by qualifying the hard way for last season's Champions League. What happened there totally destroyed all confidence in the team. That is the difference. Beale bailed out the sinking ship and acquitted himself pretty well with defeats by them sometimes caused by our own errors. Now he is putting his own stamp on HIS team, we will see. 

They have won 10 of the last 11 titles.

They have just won yet another fucking treble.

They have most likely just upgraded their manager.

They have a more settled squad than us.

They have a bigger budget than us.

Woulda, coulda shoulda, it matters not one jot, we are massive underdogs. Thats the facts.

I cant be arsed with all the demands for sackings if we lose a game. If we have a big loss in form and start shipping points regularly to the dross, then Beale will be under pressure. If we consistently tank in Europe we will also be under pressure. If they scud us in every game, then he will be under pressure.

Consistently beating the other teams in Scotland, but falling just short to a team with a bigger budget wont be grounds for a sacking.

Beale's remit is to get us playing to our maximum and hope that for some reason the other mob play beneath themselves. If this happens we can win. If not, we will likely finish second.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

I notice a lot of posters have an unwavering mindset that Beale is the right man To manage Rangers back to success.

What is it you see that gives you that confidence in him? How long does he get if he does not?

what does he need to win this year to keep him in a job?

Don’t think it’s unwavering support but my trust is based on thinking that as coach first time round I thought sometimes SG was a bit defensive / negative when the opponent was there for the taking, so far he’s been on the offensive.

My measurement of success is based on silverware but I accept the filth have a head start so this season I would be delighted to win the league at the cost of both cups, reasonable performance in CL or in Europe after Xmas if in any other European tournament (unless a bastard of a draw).

If we don’t win the league, I want us to at least take it until after the split but would want both cups and similar to Europe above.

I personally dislike chopping and changing managers but I get it’s the nature of the game now but I would give him the full year as a minimum unless the wheels come off similar to GvB.

5 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

They have won 10 of the last 11 titles.

They have just won yet another fucking treble.

They have most likely just upgraded their manager.

They have a more settled squad than us.

They have a bigger budget than us.

Woulda, coulda shoulda, it matters not one jot, we are massive underdogs. Thats the facts.

I cant be arsed with all the demands for sackings if we lose a game. If we have a big loss in form and start shipping points regularly to the dross, then Beale will be under pressure. If we consistently tank in Europe we will also be under pressure. If they scud us in every game, then he will be under pressure.

Consistently beating the other teams in Scotland, but falling just short to a team with a bigger budget wont be grounds for a sacking.

Beale's remit is to get us playing to our maximum and hope that for some reason the other mob play beneath themselves. If this happens we can win. If not, we will likely finish second.

That's more pessimistic than the opening thread. Have some faith man, and stop putting them on a pedestal. They are not as good as you make out. Outwith a dodgy Clancy decision, and you may have posted differently. The gap is not big.

The positives with Beale was that he got a tune out a beleaguered squad, he found away to win even though it wasn't pretty

His two signings in January have made a positive impact on the team so we have to trust what he is doing in this window with his signings 

The negative was the league cup final, I think we all felt he got his team selection wrong and further failed to make changes at half time, the other two defeats to them were hard to stomach as we didn't play badly but were let down by some poor mistakes and a howler of a disallowed goal

All in all we need to back him as he clearly is trying to put a squad together that doesn't just rely on playing a 4-3-3

I believe with a strong start to the campaign we will put ourselves right up there with every chance of winning the league