*****Rangers v Hamburger SV*****

G.E.C.

17 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

:lol: Fuck sake mate. You could have had 2 keepers in goal and still not saved that. It was a belter of a free kick.

Like i said good free kick but think Butland's lack of game time shows - another week will do him good

6 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

If he plays them a chance in games that matter then you can say he gives young players a chance.

As he’s yet to do that, even when the league was decided last season.

The comments have been in the pre-season threads. 

I agree, he could have at the end of last season.

4 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

Just back from the game. Let’s be honest it was fuckin rotten even for a friendly. Thought the 2 young boys  done well and as for Sima…I’ll bite my fuckin lip for now ! 

Not gonna judge Sima too much right now, but the word I'd use is "raw". If anything, it shows why we've really pushed hard for Lammers, Dessers and Danilo because we couldn't just go with potential. 

As much as everyone would love to sign under 23s who we could sell on for big money, there had to be established, reliable players coming in who have less edges about their game that need to be developed.

8 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Is that the last game for the UB in the Copland? Interesting to see what happens with that now. Big difference to the atmosphere when they aren't tucked away in the corner.

Is there? I honestly couldn’t tell any difference in atmosphere other than being able to see their flags waving for 90 mins in the Copland.

They need moved  permanently so they can grow their numbers into the other sections. 

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

Is there? I honestly couldn’t tell any difference in atmosphere other than being able to see their flags waving for 90 mins in the Copland.

They need allowed permanently so they can grow their numbers into the other sections. 

Came across a lot better on TV imo. But agree, they have to move.

Hopefully toward the end of these pre season games we begin playing our strongest 11 and we can see some sort of indication of what we will be like as an attacking force

Atm it’s all about getting minutes into legs and trying things out, even if it is pretty boring to watch 

17 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Is that the last game for the UB in the Copland? Interesting to see what happens with that now. Big difference to the atmosphere when they aren't tucked away in the corner.

I didn’t think they was much of a difference in the atmosphere. But it was a boring friendly. I’d put them there for the first CL qualifier - see what difference they make then.