Welcome to Rangers Jose Cifuentes

2 minutes ago, bluenose244 said:

I think, from the outside looking in it seems we've brought in all the targets we set out to, and if that is indeed the case the fact a defender wasn't part of that plan up to this point is slightly worrying.

Hugely optimistic about the buisness we have done though, but our back line just gives me the fear and they haven't done much in pre season to change my mind. (Same mistakes).

How do you know a defender hasn't been planned for? It's been well documented that we want shot of Davies.

27 minutes ago, bluenose244 said:

Chief Executive James Bisgrove continued: "We are thrilled to have added Jose and Danilo to our men's first-team squad in the last few days, to take us to nine exciting new signings this summer.

"They will complement Kieran Dowell, Jack Butland, Dujon Sterling, Sam Lammers, Abdallah Sima, Cyriel Dessers and Leon Balogun superbly as we look forward to what we hope will be a successful season for everyone connected with Rangers.

"Our Chairman, John Bennett, the Rangers Board, Michael, and I are all delighted with the work that has been done, with the focus now fully on our trip to Kilmarnock for Saturday's Scottish Premiership opener."

Just the tone of those comments and the way i read them, I don't think anymore will be in unless a good few are moved on.

There is a month left of the window, lots of players being released, loaned etc. I would be very surprised if there wasn’t an unexpected signing/loan and a few going out on loan from us.

If Cifu, Danilo and Lammers all play to the level I believe they can we should have some fun matches. If Sima and Dessers turn in performances for us too we will be laughing.

Having said that, I expect the filth to sign more so we won’t really know where we stand until September or thereabouts. Promising though….

8 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

How do you know a defender hasn't been planned for? It's been well documented that we want shot of Davies.

I don't know anything it's just how I'm reading things, every player we've been heavily linked with is now over the line (that's good) but none have been defender's.

Just now, bluenose244 said:

They are, but I don't think the interest in those two players is comparable to that of the one's currently in the building.

Well that's staying the obvious. 

It was always likely to be dependent on Davies leaving. The other players mostly filled gaps in the squad.

1 minute ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Well that's staying the obvious. 

It was always likely to be dependent on Davies leaving. The other players mostly filled gaps in the squad.

Ok so we've circled back round to my original point then, defenders (it seems) were never part of the plan. Only after the fact if others moved on. 

1 hour ago, bluenose244 said:

Chief Executive James Bisgrove continued: "We are thrilled to have added Jose and Danilo to our men's first-team squad in the last few days, to take us to nine exciting new signings this summer.

"They will complement Kieran Dowell, Jack Butland, Dujon Sterling, Sam Lammers, Abdallah Sima, Cyriel Dessers and Leon Balogun superbly as we look forward to what we hope will be a successful season for everyone connected with Rangers.

"Our Chairman, John Bennett, the Rangers Board, Michael, and I are all delighted with the work that has been done, with the focus now fully on our trip to Kilmarnock for Saturday's Scottish Premiership opener."

Just the tone of those comments and the way i read them, I don't think anymore will be in unless a good few are moved on.

Think we have to shift bodies on to bring more in now, hence why we’ve taken such a hard line with Sakala and Kamara.