Abdallah Sima

GOAT

13 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I've said it before.....we look like we replaced Sakala with Sima.....so many similarities with the two players bit ultimately Sima is far more composed when it comes to scoring, the big man will end up with about 25 goals the way he is finishing.....that is roughly what we got from Sakala, Kent & Morelos last season......problem is Dessers & Lammers aren't doing anywhere near enough for the money spent.....in saying that Dessers has scored a few now with some decent finishes 

That's the irritating thing we always seem to be overloaded on one side haha if we still had a Sakala/Kent or even Aribo/Tilman to help we'd be far stronger in the front line.

Need another Striker in I still feel but if Dessers keeps up current form we may well start firing in enough goals to bring in the silverware.

1 hour ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

Has probably been consistently good last 3 month 

No he hasn’t. Shite to start with, great month, tailed off again, then come back. Now we all know winners are going to have spells when they’re not as effective. If he can reduce those spells, he’ll be a cracking player.

4 minutes ago, left winger said:

Yeah, obviously. I suppose we just need to hope some sort of deal can be done. Assuming he continues as he is currently playing.

If he continues like this there's no chance he's here next season. There's probably very little chance already.

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Some redemption arc tbf.

Was howling, but now probably 3rd name on the team sheet. Hopefully we can sign him up. Mental to not have a clause, but that’s Beale for you.

Finally solved the numbers from wide players problem. 

That's not just up to us.

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Offer Brighton 1.5 million plus Lowry and Leon King on loan for a season.

If Lowry and King can't get a game for us, they certainly won't get one with Brighton, They would be much better going on loan to a lower Championship team

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

14 goals before Christmas from a wide attacker is fantastic and just what we have been crying out for.

& There was fans before last night that still wouldn't want us to buy him. 

If he's affordable, and he wants to join us permanently, get it done

47 minutes ago, stevemac said:

& There was fans before last night that still wouldn't want us to buy him. 

If he's affordable, and he wants to join us permanently, get it done

Agree if he's affordable, only if he wants to though. The fact he would get CL games would hopefully sway him. 

Fair play to Sima. Cannot fault his effort and contributions. Works his arse off in some games. He's a magnificent specimen of a man. Big, fast and strong. What I forget, and some need to remember, is this young lad is only 22! If he applies himself as he's doing the only way is up.

Although I did rage at him a little last night when he took his man on outside the box with minutes left instead of heading to the corner flag. He has plenty to learn but he definitely has all the tools.

He won’t be affordable. No hope Brighton are selling him to anyone for cheap.

A premier league sides going to look at least 10 million for someone his age with his potential, plus the fact he’s doing well in Europe and they themselves are competing in Europe now 

This is going to sound mental considering his goal output but I’m still not convinced he’s actually a good player. 

I’ve been really impressed with his defensive workrate but in terms of his actual footballing ability I still don’t know if I see it. 

Of course the most valuable skill in football is putting the ball in the net so maybe it doesn’t matter, and it’s better to be an effective player than a good one. 

3 hours ago, SonicWill said:

This is going to sound mental considering his goal output but I’m still not convinced he’s actually a good player. 

I’ve been really impressed with his defensive workrate but in terms of his actual footballing ability I still don’t know if I see it. 

Of course the most valuable skill in football is putting the ball in the net so maybe it doesn’t matter, and it’s better to be an effective player than a good one. 

He's got some flaws, a lack of close control at times makes him no easy on the eye. kind of agreed with you a few weeks back, but what I've realised now is the stuff he does do well he does very well. 

Great attitude too, and his finishing is brilliant. 

14 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

A premier league sides going to look at least 10 million for someone his age with his potential, plus the fact he’s doing well in Europe and they themselves are competing in Europe now 

Brighton are one of the top "player trading" model clubs, they know how to get a players worth in negotiations.

Lad won't be picked up on the cheap.

6 minutes ago, toolongawake said:

Brighton are one of the top "player trading" model clubs, they know how to get a players worth in negotiations.

Lad won't be picked up on the cheap.

Our fans have their heads in the clouds thinking we’ll get him permanently when he’s already hit 14 goals/assists for us before Christmas :lol:

3 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Our fans have their heads in the clouds thinking we’ll get him permanently when he’s already hit 14 goals/assists for us before Christmas :lol:

I fancy a best case scenario, if another club don't match their valuation in the summer and he remains not in their first team plans, they may give him a new deal to protect their asset, and we may be able to negotiate another year's loan.

Depends what number they are looking for given his contract is running down.

14 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

They paid around £7m for him. In the summer he’ll have 12 months left on his contract with them. I reckon they’ll do a deal to make their money back on him.