*****Official Rangers vs Servette match thread*****

.Williamson.

There were some positives for me. Raskin, Cantwell, Souttar+Goldson, glimpses from Lammers. Danilo and Dessers don't look match fit yet imo. Barisic had a good game tbh but Tavernier was absolutely honking again, it's a struggle to have a decent phase of passing if Tavernier is involved alot of times it seems like he just hits it and hope it reaches a team mate. 

On the downside yet to see a clear identity in the style of playing and some of the managers decisions are quite baffling. 

8 minutes ago, ready1873 said:

There were some positives for me. Raskin, Cantwell, Souttar+Goldson, glimpses from Lammers. Danilo and Dessers don't look match fit yet imo. Barisic had a good game tbh but Tavernier was absolutely honking again, it's a struggle to have a decent phase of passing if Tavernier is involved alot of times it seems like he just hits it and hope it reaches a team mate. 

On the downside yet to see a clear identity in the style of playing and some of the managers decisions are quite baffling. 

Thought lammers looked weak but dessers will be an asset if injury free.

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Shite though eh?

20230810_090030.jpg

20230810_090032.jpg

20230810_090033.jpg

20230810_090035.jpg

That could be just about every Rangers SPFL game.

Dominate possession - check 

Struggle to create big chances - check 

Concede a silly goal out of nothing - check

Go into a shell and resort to only swinging crosses in - check 

An xG of 2.11 from open play against 10 men for a 35+ minutes at home is pish poor. 

25 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

That could be just about every Rangers SPFL game.

Dominate possession - check 

Struggle to create big chances - check 

Concede a silly goal out of nothing - check

Go into a shell and resort to only swinging crosses in - check 

An xG of 2.11 from open play against 10 men for a 35+ minutes at home is pish poor. 

That's not how xg works.

Read that wrong. Sorry.

I hoped for a better result after Sat and we got the win. It is still going to be a nervous night next Tuesday, no idea how it will go.

I am not going to write of these new players like a lot are doing this early, but they do need to start playing as a team soon. 

I wonder how we will cope on Sat against a low block team like Livi? It is a must win game.

32 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Shite though eh?

20230810_090030.jpg

20230810_090032.jpg

20230810_090033.jpg

20230810_090035.jpg

Not a big fan of xG etc but tbh 3-1 would probably be a fair reflection on the basis their goal was a penalty, don’t think Butland made a save.

I am pleased with the win but similar to last night post game still feel we left at least one goal out there.

On to Livingston and deal with Servette next week.

23 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I hoped for a better result after Sat and we got the win. It is still going to be a nervous night next Tuesday, no idea how it will go.

I am not going to write of these new players like a lot are doing this early, but they do need to start playing as a team soon. 

I wonder how we will cope on Sat against a low block team like Livi? It is a must win game.

Are you able to go to any games this season mate ? I’m not writing the new players off yet but I haven’t saw much from Dessers and Lammers.  Dowell average. Sima has been fuckin woeful so far. 

1 minute ago, BlueAvenger said:

Are you able to go to any games this season mate ? I’m not writing the new players off yet but I haven’t saw much from Dessers and Lammers.  Dowell average. Sima has been fuckin woeful so far. 

No mate, but thanks for asking. I went to the Newcastle game, but have RTV and a VPN for all thew other games not on TV, I am fine with it, you just have to go with what your body tells you is best. :thumbup: 

Sat was a hellish start and it is only natural when players are not playing as we maybe expect we write them off quickly, and the one that kinda worries  me most is Sima, seen nothing with him so far, but hoping he will find his feet (no pun intended) soon.

I am still very unsure about M B, but hoping he can sort it. We need 3 points on Sat that is for sure.  

First 25 mins we were excellent. Clear identifiable style of play, quick passing, good movement, good pressing. The rest wasn’t great. However, it does show that the message is starting to get across to the team in terms of how to play. Barisic was very good, as was Cantwell, Raskin and Souttar.