*****Official Rangers vs Servette match thread*****

.Williamson.

13 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Dowell has nice ball control and a few flicks. Hagi does that with his eyes closed.

Hagi didn't make my team for Wednesday, but neither did Dowell. My point is, Dowell is no better than what we already had.

If Lawrence comes back strong, it's a moot point because he will claim the spot.

As for Hagi, if he can't get on ahead of Jack when we are chasing a game, then he may as well put in a transfer request unless it was tactical due to the playing surface.

The amount of times he takes a first touch which causes him to stumble, for a player with good ball control is ridiculous 

49 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Players in that position need to be able to play wide and in the ‘inside ten’

We currently only have (good) options that can play inside.

Criminal we have no cunt that is comfortable taking on players wide. 

That idea of taking players on wide was drilled out of them by beale first time, dont want you getting all giddy now but they fucked kent up with that inside ten pish, 

Our europa run with kent absolutely bossing everycunt when he played wide is an example of how you use a natural winger, hell even last season kents best numbers were when he was deployed as a proper winger and not this other pish

I really don't know where Hagi is right now in terms of starting games and played very little minutes in preseason so I don't think shoving him in on Wednesday is the best idea.

However statstically Hagi shows up. Even when you compare him to someone like matt o'riley at celtic. In the league Hagi has a goal involvement for us every 156 minutes compared to o'riley who has one every 155 minutes for them.

His numbers in Europe stand up to what they are domestically as well.

2 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Beale has put all his eggs in one basket with Tav and Borna being our width, which is fine if they are in 20/21 form but they aren't, if he wants them to be an attacking force he needs to remove the requirement to get back and from the back line and the only way that happens is if we go to a back 3 (not Lundstram). This is something he should have done during friendlies.

My team would be:

image.thumb.png.2f6e193d9ba66629ef7a4a5b333d56cb.png

That's the team I went with on that wee app as well. Saved me from posting it. 

Think it makes the most sense

Just now, GabrielTomato said:

Butland

Tavernier Goldson Souttar Barisic

Cantwell Raskin Dowell

Wright Danillo Sima

We need width back in this side and a few newbies aren't fit.

If you are going to play Sima, he needs to be on the right. We've seen enough on the left to say he's ineffective there.

38 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

However statstically Hagi shows up. Even when you compare him to someone like matt o'riley at celtic. In the league Hagi has a goal involvement for us every 156 minutes compared to o'riley who has one every 155 minutes for them.

Fuck knows what a “goal involvement” :lol: is but that’s a pretty desperate comparison.

Anyone who has ever seen Hagi and O’Riley play would pick the scum player every time.

If Hagi’s dad was an average, let alone a shite player, he’d never be at Ibrox.

4 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Haven’t seen enough of him yet but I’ve seen enough of Hagi to know he’s useless and Lowry is vastly overrated by a few in our support. It’s not just Beale who didn’t give Lowry a chance so clearly he’s not that brilliant 

Yeah not given a chance by Beale, Gerrard and Gio 

The guys that brought you international superstars like Matondo, Sands, Sakala, Scott Wright, Barisic and so on. Such great judges of ability 

3 hours ago, kelvd1873 said:

Butland

tav Goldson Souttar borna

Raskin Dowell

Lammers Cantwell

Dessers Danilo

Has to be that. Maybe Cifuentes in for Dowell. 

30 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Don’t see what dowell brings to the team weak as piss and goes missing for most of the game 

I thought Dowell was doing okay on Saturday.

36 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Has to be that. Maybe Cifuentes in for Dowell. 

We have got to go for it from the start. Get our best 11 out there and go get some goals. I do not want to see lundstrum in the starting 11. 

5 hours ago, GA1972 said:

Yeah not given a chance by Beale, Gerrard and Gio 

The guys that brought you international superstars like Matondo, Sands, Sakala, Scott Wright, Barisic and so on. Such great judges of ability 

Just conveniently overlooking all their good signings there. Sorry mate but 3 people can’t all be wrong about one player