*****Official Rangers vs Servette match thread*****

.Williamson.

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Wednesday 9th August. Champions League third qualifying round, first leg. Games on BBC Scotland. Kick off 19:45

Butland

Tav Goldson Souttar Barisic 

Raskin Cifuentes Dowell

Cantwell Lammers

Danilo 

If Yilmaz is fit then swap him and Barisic 

I'm calling it now.... Borna and Lundstram will start this game, even if Yilmaz is fit.

Beale will come out with some "we need experienced players in Europe" pish. 

3 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Butland 

Tav Goldson Souttar Ridvan (IF FIT)

Cifuentes Raskin Dowell 

Cantwell 

Danilo  Dessers 

Would have Roofe or Sakala in that team before Dessers but they are no even in the squad.

59 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Some on here think every signing we make is going to be a superstar without looking into their past history. In this league you have to wait and watch how they perform before you make an assumption.

Dessers has been pish for a while and should never have been signed.

As for the manager , the guy was absolutely clueless almost all last season , why would he change now hes brought in his own players ? If he loses the taig game he should be dealt with straight after it , not left to destroy the whole season once again and is then sacked.

I thought Dessers would have been decent for us tbh based on him doing a decent job at Feyenoord. Hard to judge him at the Italian mob when they were getting pumped most weeks and he’s feeding off scraps.

He’s looked completely lost for us so far though.

After yesterday if we don’t start well the team and the Manager and going to know about it pretty quickly

Canny be arsed choosing a team but the Manager better get it spot on this time

Lets drop the 2 holding midfielders as Kilmarnock showed we can’t make it work as they cut through us time and again and we never really looked that secure… Get another attacker on, Get Danilo and Cantwell on from the start and tell Lammers to stay in the middle of the pitch so he can link the play

Just win and get an idea of what we r doing for Saturday

Feel good factor gone from the summer rebuild after yesterday - Pressure and expectation on and self inflicted….

Ffs

Alot of my feelings are coming out sideways and I'm pretty angry about last night. I really thought Beale knew what he was doing. It just seems to me that we've signed a shit load of players because they were available and willing to come to us, without actually signing players based on a clear path of direction and system.

I really hope to fuck I'm wrong in the above assessment.

3 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Not so much angry at losing, more that we didn't lay a glove on fucking Kilmarnock???

We actually seem worse never mind better than last season.

Fuck me

You’d be best stepping away from the forum for a bit mate. I didn’t post last night so I could let myself calm down a bit about it 

Yesterday was brutal but need to try put some perspective on it, for your blood pressure levels if nothing else 

Beale has overthought this setup horribly. His whole recruitment has been based around it by the looks of it and it’ll be his, and our, undoing.  

Having no pace or width when modern day European football is all about that, is a rookie and ridiculous mistake.  

Back to 4231 for me, and fast, for this one.

Butland

Tav       Goldson        Souttar      Borna

Raskin       Jack/Cifuentes

Cantwell       Lammers       Sima

Danilo

Even writing that out brought home how we have zero options for a left sided forward/winger.  Utter madness. 

Butland

Tav Goldson Souttar Barisic

Cantwell Raskin Dowell

Sima Danilo Matondo

Matondo is pish but can’t think who else I would play wide left as Sakala is all but away, Hagi doesn’t have the pace and I would like Sima on the right where he played for Slavia.

You’d be best stepping away from the forum for a bit mate. I didn’t post last night so I could let myself calm down a bit about it 

Yesterday was brutal but need to try put some perspective on it, for your blood pressure levels if nothing else 

Your right.