Ofoborh released

The Dude

Just now, The Dude said:

Wasn’t a particularly bizarre signing tbh. Can’t help the boy having a heart condition. 

Bizarre from the point that we’ve waited until it seems like he’s ready to play football again and then decided to release him. Along with his insta posts a while back it makes it all seem a bit odd.

Good luck to him though.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

That’s because it would be an absolutely fucking horrific move to rip his deal up while he was dealing with a heart problem that had stopped him playing. 

Ripping it up as soon as we’re able to isn’t exactly a classy move either tbf. Could have loaned the boy out or tried to help him find another move. Of course this is assuming he’ll continue playing. It might well be a different career altogether. 

Maybe one day he’ll explain the insta posts though.

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Or we came to an agreement with him that two years out of football means he’s never getting close to the team here so instead of wasting another couple of years sitting here and not coming close to playing, we’ll pay up your deal and you can move on and find a new club without the need to do it before the end of the month - or a new career.

Yeah, it's pretty sensible. He's not going to get the time here to recover two years of lost fitness etc.

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Or we came to an agreement with him that two years out of football means he’s never getting close to the team here so instead of wasting another couple of years sitting here and not coming close to playing, we’ll pay up your deal and you can move on and find a new club without the need to do it before the end of the month - or a new career.

I might be reading into it too much but I think the fact we’ve said he’ll purse “a” career elsewhere and not “his” could suggest he won’t be playing again.

It’s a shame for the boy if that’s the case at his age. Obviously not his fault we’ve signed him before picking up on his condition either.

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I might be reading into it too much but I think the fact we’ve said he’ll purse “a” career elsewhere and not “his” could suggest he won’t be playing again.

It’s a shame for the boy if that’s the case at his age. Obviously not his fault we’ve signed him before picking up on his condition either.

Possibly. However if he is going to continue playing, had he remained here beyond the transfer deadline then that’s another six months of sitting on his arse not playing. Can totally understand why it’s best for both parties for him to move on now. 

33 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Bizarre from the point that we’ve waited until it seems like he’s ready to play football again and then decided to release him. Along with his insta posts a while back it makes it all seem a bit odd.

Good luck to him though.

Reads more to me like he has been supported through rehab by us and now that he is ready to play football again we are letting him move on.  Very unlikely he would make it here after being out for so long.

1 minute ago, ElBufalo20 said:

I thought he threatened a tell all about how mistreated he was?

I wonder if that’ll come out. Best solution for all parties.

According to FF he believes he's fit to play the club believe otherwise I hope it doesn't end in tragic circumstances if that's the case 

5 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

According to FF he believes he's fit to play the club believe otherwise I hope it doesn't end in tragic circumstances if that's the case 

If he's not, he won't pass mandatory cardio screening - and given his background he'll now be subject to even tougher scrutiny than your 'average' player.

Good luck to the lad.  It's a shame how his career has gone but I think it's best for both sides now that he moves on.  With the condition he had, i think it's unlikely he will play at any significant level so he might risk it in the lower leagues or more likely pursue a different career and just play casually.