Yilmaz

RockwellGers

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Barasic has had about a season and a half where he was decent. The rest of his time with us has been poor/negative/frustrating. 

imo Yilmaz over 125 games will be more positive, more direct and offer more than Barasic has ever done. 

I really don’t know if he is the answer but he’s the best LB at the club right now

Correct mate.

He had some nice touches last night and I think there is more to him (obviously not height wise) if he is allowed more game time.

🇬🇧

20 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Barasic has had about a season and a half where he was decent. The rest of his time with us has been poor/negative/frustrating. 

imo Yilmaz over 125 games will be more positive, more direct and offer more than Barasic has ever done. 

I really don’t know if he is the answer but he’s the best LB at the club right now

:848696413_goodpost:

Defensively he looks a liability both in the air and one on one (see the nutmeg on him last night).

Borna's delivery is better, particularly once he has controlled the ball prior to whipping it in.

I think Yilmaz probably still shades being first choice simply because he has more energy, is more inclined to get forward and, as a young player, should in theory get better.

We definitely need to bring in a proper LB, though. I don't see Yilmaz as a long-term solution. 

2 hours ago, BuffaloUSAGers said:

He’s a left back in a midfielder’s body.

I've previously mentioned that as he has speed and a bit of trickery, i'd have thought it worth trying him out in midfield. His height is the problem in his position, and that's not going to change.

On 02/11/2023 at 16:26, SonicWill said:

Defensively he looks a liability both in the air and one on one (see the nutmeg on him last night).

Borna's delivery is better, particularly once he has controlled the ball prior to whipping it in.

I think Yilmaz probably still shades being first choice simply because he has more energy, is more inclined to get forward and, as a young player, should in theory get better.

We definitely need to bring in a proper LB, though. I don't see Yilmaz as a long-term solution. 

Can’t be paying add on circa £1.75m , Play Borna till end of his deal then  replace both during next two window’s 

1 minute ago, Fergieblue said:

Can’t be paying add on circa £1.75m , Play Borna till end of his deal then  replace both during next two window’s 

Much he can improve upon but he will always be considerably smaller than those he is defending against and therefore, always come up short, so to speak.

I think if he had a reliable and competent LCB partner he would be much improved (as would Barasic) Davies is not good enough, Souttar in that position is awful. 

It was noticeable that when Balogun played in that position against Dundee then Yilmaz looked much better.

Barasic's best season was the 55 season when Helander was playing.

I'm not saying either Barasic or Yilmaz is perfect but if they are playing with a sub standard parter in the left side of defense it puts them at a massive disadvantage.