Conor Goldson

RangersMedia

10 hours ago, ZZed said:

Still remember his interview after losing to Hibs 3-1 and he had gave up before half time. I don't think his mentality has changed and he more or less gave up in Limassol. That mentality appears to run through the team.

Goldson's getting worse though. He threw in the towel at halftime against Hibs, but he gave up in the 9th minute in Cyprus! 

26 minutes ago, CoplandStandBear said:

He's still our best centre half by a long way and judging by our recent past record of getting rid of players like Kent, Sakala, Colak etc and replacing them with shite like Lammers and Dessers then we'd be best off holding onto him. 

Cracking logic that, fucking hell man. 

11 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Cracking logic that, fucking hell man. 

Who is better than Goldson that we have? Davies is shite, Souttar is Hearts level, Balogun is bang average. We get rid of players that are usually better than the ones we replace them with. You've seen it with Kent, Sakala, Colak, Morelos, Hagi etc. 

1 hour ago, CoplandStandBear said:

Who is better than Goldson that we have? Davies is shite, Souttar is Hearts level, Balogun is bang average. We get rid of players that are usually better than the ones we replace them with. You've seen it with Kent, Sakala, Colak, Morelos, Hagi etc. 

That's down to the scouting and recruitment. 

13 hours ago, ZZed said:

Still remember his interview after losing to Hibs 3-1 and he had gave up before half time. I don't think his mentality has changed and he more or less gave up in Limassol. That mentality appears to run through the team.

His interview after Limassol as well was poor, header the ball ya fanny and stop being a shitebag, I'd play Souttar ahead of him fkn prick

Seen one or two comments regarding Souttar.

I think he is good enough to be at Rangers and the boy is a good defender and will shine for us if he remains fit.

But it doesnt help he has dumb and dumber next to him. That back line is proper fucked. Goldson is a fucking loser and you can tell he just chucks it when there is any sort of pressure.

5 minutes ago, BlueVanguard said:

Seen one or two comments regarding Souttar.

I think he is good enough to be at Rangers and the boy is a good defender and will shine for us if he remains fit.

But it doesnt help he has dumb and dumber next to him. That back line is proper fucked. Goldson is a fucking loser and you can tell he just chucks it when there is any sort of pressure.

Now we’re treating Souttar like Katic and blaming Goldson for them not being good enough?

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Now we’re treating Souttar like Katic and blaming Goldson for them not being good enough?

Goldson is and never has been good enough, we should have bought a better centre half than him, to pair with him to start with,  that has always been the problem 

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Centre backs are supposed to be an important partnership in a starting 11 mate if one of them are not pulling there weight then it's fucked and you will lose sloppy goals. And i actually wanted Katic to get a chance at Rangers even though he was deemed not good enough by a couple of managers. 

My point being I do rate Soutar to do well for us and would rather he had a future than Goldson. 

3 minutes ago, Cooperson said:

Goldson is and never has been good enough, we should have bought a better centre half than him, to pair with him to start with,  that has always been the problem 

But him ‘not being good enough’ is nothing to do with Souttar not being good enough. Souttar’s mistakes come from him, and him only.

2 minutes ago, BlueVanguard said:

Centre backs are supposed to be an important partnership in a starting 11 mate if one of them are not pulling there weight then it's fucked and you will lose sloppy goals. And i actually wanted Katic to get a chance at Rangers even though he was deemed not good enough by a couple of managers. 

My point being I do rate Soutar to do well for us and would rather he had a future than Goldson. 

But why is it Goldson’s fault and not Souttar’s? Look at the goals he’s cost us over the last two seasons, they’re all on him, not Goldson.

Katic is even worse than Souttar, Davies and Balogun

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

But him ‘not being good enough’ is nothing to do with Souttar not being good enough. Souttar’s mistakes come from him, and him only.

But why is it Goldson’s fault and not Souttar’s? Look at the goals he’s cost us over the last two seasons, they’re all on him, not Goldson.

Soutar doesn't get off scot free from me by the way he has been terrible and cost us goals but something tells me Soutar can do better. At least he tries and deserves a chance for a future. Goldsons treated us like fucking shite with his stinking attitude

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

My point was nothing to do with Souttar mate, it was we should have brought somebody in better than Goldson to help him until we got somebody better long term

We're in a horrible place right now.  Confidence at an all-time low.  The team are an absolute mess.  Goldson isn't suddenly terrible.  He's a good player lacking in confidence and dragged down by a poorly performing team.

I honestly think with the right direction from a proper manager and a few proper additions up top we could return to 55 levels.

2 hours ago, BlueVanguard said:

Agree with you over Katic.  More physical, aggressive and better in the air (in both boxes) than anything we have had at the moment.  Not the finished article by any means but could have developed if given a chance after his injury.  Never going to be a favourite for the many who look for centre backs to be elegant/good on the eye rather than solid defensively.

Not sure on Soutar but given the shambles our defence has been over the last two games, I think he’s due a try out in his preferred position on the right side of the defence to see how he gets on there.