Conor Goldson

RangersMedia

On 01/10/2023 at 09:16, STEPPS BOY said:

This is a 70/30 here yet the Sheep guy gets there first and smashes into him.

Sums him and us up.

From where I was in the CD he looked odds on to get there first given the distances he either did as I thought eased off midway into it and came off second best but given the ridiculous bookings our players received that cunt should have been booked also.

It's the inconsistencies that lead to hesitancy when our players should be more aggressive in seeing out these type of situations but by the same token when these cunts dish it out or feign injury the cheating bastards always get the call .

If our players got more vocal or just decide to get aggressive and start dishing it out there's no doubt who'd be a man down maybe it's time we started doing both .

I'm sure there's many people sick of watching wanton thuggery being dished out and fuck all done about it it should be it's very nature bring about like for like maybe it's about time we did as it's been a constant tactic against Rangers the last four or five years and has been a key factor in how a lot of games have panned out.

As much as Goldson infuriates me he was at one time a very decent defender.

I've no doubt the wee whispering campaign regarding the supposed lack of free kicks ,penalties & Yellow Cards  eg given against Rangers has affected the approach our players take in going into a tussle never mind a 50/50 the last few years the numbnuts certainly changed that through thuggery and weak officiating yet when we do occasionally go in hard it's every opposition player around the referee even when it's clear the bastards are feigning injury at every turn .

That's how these cunts have weakened our team along with hesitancy from senior players like Goldson who were wiping the floor with these cunts in regards to batting them away by giving them nothing in a tussle or 50/50 .

Nowadays the whole team.looks scared to even want to go for a 50/50 and all too often tussles are exploited by the naivety of our players partially or fully manhandling the cunts because of the stupid way we set up allowing these cunts to close se us out rather than dictate a pace of the game we used to show where we find and make the space keeping these cunts at arms.length then there's less chance of one or more of them feigning contact .

Seasoned players should know that especially Tavernier & Goldson being defenders

We need a total clearout from the playing staff. Guys like him, Barisic, Tav, Roofe and Jack are done with us. I fully expect Roofe, Jack and Barisic to leave next summer when their contracts end. My hope is Gerrard then comes in and takes Tav and Goldson to Saudi. These guys have underperformed time and time again and are a massive part of the problem. We could get Pep in but even he would struggle as he’d still need to work with this dross. 

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

I think Goldson’s decent btw. Tav has definitely regressed fitness wise in the last two seasons 

Fitness? Or his athleticism is declining.

I think goldson's been a great player for us. Not his fault the dross that's been signed around him, or the football management not noticing that the back line in general was aging and slowing and so something would need to be done. 

Lammers money and goldsons wage could've been used to get a quality young CB in. 

1 hour ago, ZZed said:

I think they are near the top. The lack of reaction to threat, poor awareness and positioning through these two have lead to many a goal against us. They are near the top of the list for replacement.

Strongly disagree in regards to quality, but they definitely shouldn't be the pinnacle of leadership within our squad. We could definitely do with a few stronger heads to guide the squad.

14 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

Strongly disagree in regards to quality, but they definitely shouldn't be the pinnacle of leadership within our squad. We could definitely do with a few stronger heads to guide the squad.

As other have stated about fitness and time catching up with them, I agree. I do think both have always been liable to a lapse or two during a game throughout their time with Rangers and suspect at corners. The problem is our squad has always had a fair amount of duds in it for the last 10 years and over the last 2 years our defenders have not been able to componsate for the dross in midfield making errors in front of them. We need to build from the back and shunt Dessers off to somewere else.

2 hours ago, SPWF said:

We need a clean break from him, Tav and the rest of Gerrard’s so called leaders. Fucking losers the whole pack of them. 

We heard that last season we needed a break from Kent, Morelos etc and we got in a bunch of even bigger losers.

2 minutes ago, ready1873 said:

People criticizing Goldson need to realise aswell that when teams attack us he is not only covering his position but the captain's also, because he has disappeared and is jogging back 

But you can't expect Tav to bomb forward and then sprint back the whole game.  Him and Goldson are two of the good things about the team.