Steven Davis: Interim Manager

Broxi

30 minutes ago, Badger said:

It's an interim appointment.

The next permanent appointment has to be the right appointment. If it takes a few weeks, it takes a few weeks.

As an interim appointment - is it inspiring, no. Is it realistically about as good as we could do for a few weeks, yes.

Why does everyone think it's just for a few weeks mate?

Could be until January or the end of the season.

I'm happy with Davis at least in the short term, former club captain, captained Southampton and captained his country during their most successful period in 40 years, he's a leader of men and will put demands on the players, he also has a standard that he'll expect players to reach, I don't think he has to be overly technical, just do the basics right now, win on Sunday and we can properly reassess during the International break.

My biggest concern is that the list of managers that have coached Davis have been mainly negative defensive managers:

O'Leary, O'neil(soap dodgers), Hodgson, Walter, McCoist, Pochettino, Koeman, Puel, Pellegrini, Hughes, O'neil(international) Baraclough. 

Don't get me wrong there have been a couple of tactically very good managers as well. 

2 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

My biggest concern is that the list of managers that have coached Davis have been mainly negative defensive managers:

O'Leary, O'neil(soap dodgers), Hodgson, Walter, McCoist, Pochettino, Koeman, Puel, Pellegrini, Hughes, O'neil(international) Baraclough. 

Don't get me wrong there have been a couple of tactically very good managers as well. 

Never seen Davis raise his voice on the pitch and is friendly with all of the players , no chance hes going to be the manager long.

First thing he should do is drop Goldson and Tavernier.

14 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

See right now I couldn’t even care about style of play.

We have had a shocking start to the season and right now we have to focus on getting back in to the habit of winning regularly before we start worrying about how many vertical passes we play before we score.

4 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

I don’t think that’s how you can judge what kind of manager a player would make because they’ve played under what you’d describe as negative or defensive coaches.

steve davis was a cultured central midfielder he wasn’t a negative player.

plus he will be in charge two or theee games tops 

He's by far the most senior player, it makes sense that he takes interim charge, not sure what or who people were expecting.

We were hardly going to ditch Beale and put Banfield and the rest of his backroom team in charge. Albeit with this board I'm sure the thought crossed their mind.

At least they've gone ahead and made the change and not just let it run until the international break.

6 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Probably not but he should and so should any new manager brought in. The shit style of football we play is largely down to the way these two clowns play and they have now seen off 5 managers.

That makes no sense. Goldson has played under 3 managers, tav has been under 5, 2 of them left of their own accord.

warburton and gerrard played attacking football, gio did in Europe in home games, Beale and Pedro I don’t know what their style was meant to be. 

warburton left after going to talk to forest and was binned and gerrard left for villa.

pedro wasnt sacked because of any single player it was because he was shite.

beale has also been sacked because he’s shite 

8 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Probably not but he should and so should any new manager brought in. The shit style of football we play is largely down to the way these two clowns play and they have now seen off 5 managers.

Davis won't do it - any new permanent manager has to get rid of them or we'll be in same state again sooner rather than later. 

1 minute ago, RFC55 said:

That makes no sense. Goldson has played under 3 managers, tav has been under 5, 2 of them left of their own accord.

warburton and gerrard played attacking football, gio did in Europe in home games, Beale and Pedro I don’t know what their style was meant to be. 

warburton left after going to talk to forest and was binned and gerrard left for villa.

pedro wasnt sacked because of any single player it was because he was shite.

beale has also been sacked because he’s shite 

The utter shite style of play we perform every week is down to these two clowns along with brutal managers who couldnt see it and has been for years , thats why the trophy room is empty. Any new manager needs to get them out IMO.

9 hours ago, Badger said:

It's an interim appointment.

The next permanent appointment has to be the right appointment. If it takes a few weeks, it takes a few weeks.

As an interim appointment - is it inspiring, no. Is it realistically about as good as we could do for a few weeks, yes.

Whoever lands the job is on a hiding to nothing, he will need time as Beale has spent our budget on a pile of shite that Paul Daniels wouldnt have been able to turn into players, i actually pity whoever gets the job trying to turn this shower of shit into a winning team.

5 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

The utter shite style of play we perform every week is down to these two clowns along with brutal managers who couldnt see it and has been for years , thats why the trophy room is empty. Any new manager needs to get them out IMO.

So it’s Goldson and Tav’s fault that the likes of Dessers and Lammers couldn’t finish his dinner is it? :lol: :confused:

Both are well past their best, and need to be replaced, but pinning the blame on them for results under Beale is ridiculous. Expected, but still ridiculous.

Just now, BlueSuedeSambas said:

So it’s Goldson and Tav’s fault that the likes of Dessers and Lammers couldn’t finish his dinner is it? :lol: :confused:

Both are well past their best, and need to be replaced, but pinning the blame on them for results under Beale is ridiculous. Expected, but still ridiculous.

Show me where i said that genius.