Welcome to Rangers, Philippe Clement!

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

People keep portraying this myth the season ends like this under each of the previous managers.

Last season we took 22 points from 30 in our final 10 games.

We currently have 11 with a game and a half to go.

This is totally a different level of shambles and people are refusing to admit it. 

Last season there was fuck all on the line. It’s easier to win with fuck all to play for. As was said at the time.

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

People keep portraying this myth the season ends like this under each of the previous managers.

Last season we took 22 points from 30 in our final 10 games.

We currently have 11 with a game and a half to go.

This is totally a different level of shambles and people are refusing to admit it. 

That's only because the timing of the collapse is different.

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Mate we went toe to toe with the likes of Betis and Benfica home and away and you’re on about the squad being as bad as when Beerman, Holt and Halliday were starters.

I said it was the worst squad since 2017, I didn't say it was as bad. I stand by that.

I'll ask again, what quality?

5 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

I said it was the worst squad since 2017, I didn't say it was as bad. I stand by that.

I'll ask again, what quality?

Tbf the injured ones probably aren’t bad Sima, Cortes, Danilo 

11 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Last season there was fuck all on the line. It’s easier to win with fuck all to play for. As was said at the time.

This bollocks again. If anything that's should be make this seasons collapse worse

2 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Tbf the injured ones probably aren’t bad Sima, Cortes, Danilo 

Sima has great numbers for how many games he played this season but Cortes is an unknown and I'm not convinced Danilo is better than Dessers either. Danilo missed easy chances just as frequently as Dessers this season, just he played less games so Dessers missed more in terms of quantity. Danilo has it all to prove next season too. Hopefully he can.

3 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

He's obviously more comfortable criticising them now the league is over. I just hope he realises that he needs to get rid of them.

Aye definitely a change of tone there compared to the understandable protecting of the players in the media before the league was gone. Similar moment to Gerrard's first season when he said after a defeat if the players aren't good enough he will get better players IMO.

Just now, esquire8 said:

Would be surprised if he hasn't been thinking otherwise for some time now. 

It will just be how many he can actually move on. 

For me it's the so called leadership in the current squad that needs to go. We can't have this many repeat failures in the squad and expect anything different next season from them. 

1 minute ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Dropped Goldson and now snubbed Barisic, think it's pretty clear he know there are massive issues with the squad but has had to try and keep them onside. 

Said this in the match thread, but he's gave up on this squad as much as we have and just wants it out the way I reckon.

Not the attitude we want, still got a cup final to play for so probably best to try and keep people onside as you said.

However, I think it needed to be said, and if these players have any pride - they'll want to sign off with a trophy.

4 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Dropped Goldson and now snubbed Barisic, think it's pretty clear he know there are massive issues with the squad but has had to try and keep them onside. 

Hopefully has seen through Lundstram also and bins him.

25 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

He's obviously more comfortable criticising them now the league is over. I just hope he realises that he needs to get rid of them.

I hope he clears the decks of the players we have all talked about for years. I really want a head figure, a few months ago we were talking about quadruple etc now we have chucked away a league that was in our own hands mere weeks ago. Fucking frustrated at all this and hope he is given the authority to make his mark and stamp his leadership on/ with the new players and squad.

2 minutes ago, KaiserJon said:

I hope he clears the decks of the players we have all talked about for years. I really want a head figure, a few months ago we were talking about quadruple etc now we have chucked away a league that was in our own hands mere weeks ago. Fucking frustrated at all this and hope he is given the authority to make his mark and stamp his leadership on/ with the new players and squad.

Who was talking about a quadruple? :lol: