Previous Rangers striker statistics.

beararse

Cyriel Dessers has been focus of the fans’ frustrations and there are countless posts, recycled blogs and social media comments about how he’s barely scored more than 10 goals in any season etc etc. This (mis)informs the wide spread opinion that he’s awful and as someone recently put it on RM…..’he’s utter dug shite’.

So I decided to look up his career goals and goal involvements v’s minutes played and compare these with the best Rangers strikers from recent memory and the results paint a rather surprising picture.

If we compare Dessers’ career tally with Alfredo Morelos, Kemar Roofe, Jermaine Defoe, Kris Boyd, Kenny Miller, Dado Prso & Nikita Jelavic he actually has the best career goal return and is the 2nd best when you include assists.

The numbers are as follows:

Dessers = 139.45 mins per goal/101.5 mins per goal involvement

Morelos = 140.60mins per goal/100.02 mins per goal involvement

Boyd = 149.01 mins per goal/126.65 mins per goal involvement

Defoe = 164.61 mins per goal/138 mins per goal involvement

Jelavic =179.56 mins per goal/128.7 mins per goal involvement

Roofe = 203.95 mins per goal/142.77 mins per goal involvement

Prso = 211.11 mins per goal/177.18 mins per goal involvement

Miller = 219.07 mins per goal/162.48 mins per goal involvement

Dessers might not have the grace of Jelavic, the composure of Defoe, the speed of Miller, the aggression of Morelos, the memorable strikes of Boyd, the industry of Prso or the penalty box instincts of Roofe, but so far, in his career, he’s more prolific than all of them.

Food for thought.

Now i’m not saying I’d choose Dessers over any of the others, but he’s clearly not shite if he has a better strike record than all of them.

So rather than pilling on top of him, let’s get behind the lad.

(Disclaimer: these figures are based on Transfermarkt career stats)

• beararse changed the title to Previous Rangers striker statistics.
1 hour ago, beararse said:

Cyriel Dessers has been focus of the fans’ frustrations and there are countless posts, recycled blogs and social media comments about how he’s barely scored more than 10 goals in any season etc etc. This (mis)informs the wide spread opinion that he’s awful and as someone recently put it on RM…..’he’s utter dug shite’.

So I decided to look up his career goals and goal involvements v’s minutes played and compare these with the best Rangers strikers from recent memory and the results paint a rather surprising picture.

If we compare Dessers’ career tally with Alfredo Morelos, Kemar Roofe, Jermaine Defoe, Kris Boyd, Kenny Miller, Dado Prso & Nikita Jelavic he actually has the best career goal return and is the 2nd best when you include assists.

Dessers might not have the grace of Jelavic, the composure of Defoe, the speed of Miller, the aggression of Morelos, the memorable strikes of Boyd, the industry of Prso or the penalty box instincts of Roofe, but so far, in his career, he’s more prolific than all of them.

Food for thought.

Now i’m not saying I’d choose Dessers over any of the others, but he’s clearly not shite if he has a better strike record than all of them.

Come on to fuck mate 😂

2 hours ago, beararse said:

Food for thought.

Don't know how reliable this link is but does not match yours mate (272 mins per goal) and seems more acurate for what I've been watching.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-premiership/top-scorers