***** The Official Rangers v Sparta Prague Europa League Match Thread *****

PromDeAnglais

2 hours ago, Jakes Pal said:

Knowing what I now know with regards to the playoffs, hopefully as you say Betis come a cropper in Prague. There will be some true big guns finishing third in the CL groups, would be nice to avoid if at all possible in the first knockout stage.

You are correct about the big guns. 2 year ago it was Dortmund and although we got through we can't expect to put quality teams like that out every time. 

4 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

If we draw in Seville we will have a better head to head.

On the plus side we’ve never lost to a Pellegrini managed side.

Yes but they need to drop points in one of their two games before they play us should we win the next two 🙏

What I want to see:

Butland, Tav, Goldson, Davies, Barisic, Jack Lundstram, Wright, Cantwell, Sima and Danilo.

What I think big Phil will do:

Butland, Tav, Goldson, Davies, Barisic, Jack, Lundstram, Lammers, Cantwell, Danilo and Sima.

A curve ball might be Lawrence for Lammers.

Just now, Bad Robot said:

What I want to see:

Butland, Tav, Goldson, Davis, Barisic, Jack Lundstram, Wright, Cantwell, Sima and Danilo.

What I think big Phil will do:

Butland, Tav, Goldson, Davis, Barisic, Jack, Lundstram, Lammers, Cantwell, Danilo and Sima.

A curve ball might be Lawrence for Lammers.

A curve ball will be seeing Davis

I know that it is not really that simple as being able to beat Betis at home then surely we can do Sparta.  Circumstances change from week to week obviously, but this is a chance to further lift the spirits of the whole Club  by winning the next two home games and thus qualifying for Euro football into the New Year, with the chance for another spectacular night or two at Ibrox in the knockout stages, and of course the financial benefits that come with progressing deeper into the competition. Not getting too carried away, however Sparta have been weakened by injury if press reports are to be believed :hmmm:, and as we all know, Ibrox will be shaking at the foundations come kick off time when Clement will truly see for the first time the potential synergy he refers to between the players and supporters.

We may be finally staring to pick up the fabled momentum, so much sought after in the football World, hopefully we can continue to build on the good start made under PC and power on to a good end to the year with the potential of some Silverware, European progression and seeing us breathing right down the necks of that Mhob in the League. In the grand scheme of things, tomorrow night is about so much more than simply 3 Europa League points on the board. Let's go to work Gers. :rangers: