Gio - new job

Feyenoord, Rangers and Besiktas. For such a calm, nice guy he doesn't half like managing clubs with mental fans. It didn't end well but it very rarely does for anyone in management. History will look fondly on him and I hope he goes out there and smashes it! 

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Beale’s a cunt. He was a cunt before he even took the job.

go on do explain? I take it you've met him? how come you didn't say anything before?

The ONLY thing people can have a go at him about is going to Ibrox/The Louden whilst Gio was still manager and that's enough evidence that Beale's a cunt, but we've only collectively decided to voice those opinions after he turned out to be a shite manager.

Best of luck to Gio.

Achieved more than most would in 11 months; 4 incredible home knockout ties, a European final, first Scottish Cup in 13 years, qualified for the Champions League. Unfortunately the football in the league wasnt great and it didnt look like we would ever go on a long winning run when it mattered. 

14 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

go on do explain? I take it you've met him? how come you didn't say anything before?

The ONLY thing people can have a go at him about is going to Ibrox/The Louden whilst Gio was still manager and that's enough evidence that Beale's a cunt, but we've only collectively decided to voice those opinions after he turned out to be a shite manager.

Have a wee scan through…

1 hour ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Wish him nothing but success, I'm embarrassed by some of my own comments on him, pure frustration but he didn't deserve it, hope he does very well. 

Yeah , pretty much echoes my own thoughts . 

30 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Talking about how he and Gerrard would’ve won the league, but it wasn’t GVB’s fault, who’s fault was it then? Speaking about it when he knew GVB was under pressure. Turning up to Ibrox when he knew he was under pressure and strolling about the pubs. 

Oh, and here’s me calling him a snivelling little weasel before he got the job x

37EAE97A-DFE1-4F8A-BFF6-5164C794F35F.jpeg

Disappointed how things turned out at the end. Having Beale is attendance was piss poor. He will always be the manager who won us the SC after so long and got us to the final of the Europa...fcking Ramsey 😔

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

The Gio, Louden, in the stand thing was an absolute snake move.

Disrespectful in the extreme to the manager of the club at the time. 

This. Nobody is doubting Beale likes us. But his behaviour showed a lack a class incompatible with those that have gone before. Unfortunately he lacked class even before he started with us with his behaviour towards Gio. Someone that our supporters will speak respectfully about, even though ultimately it didn’t work for him. I wish him all the best. 

1 hour ago, left winger said:

When we sacked him did we pay all his contract up at the time, or did we continue to pay him as if he was still employed. If so, do we now save money as he has a new job? 

He was still being paid up until he got the Sunderland job. As far as I know, now he has a new job, we still need to pay off an agreed percentage of his basic contract. Which I assume would need to be paid upon him taking the new job. 

9 minutes ago, Blues Brother said:

He was still being paid up until he got the Sunderland job. As far as I know, now he has a new job, we still need to pay off an agreed percentage of his basic contract. Which I assume would need to be paid upon him taking the new job. 

If that's true it's mad. You do a deal like that with an established manager you couldn't normally attract to the club. Not some fucking no-mark. 

2 hours ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

He wouldn't have been there if the club hadn't invited him up.

Also let's not pretend the majority of the forum weren't delighted to see him and the prospect of him potentially replacing Gio.

People have some very short memories mate