Silva

On 07/02/2024 at 09:37, Badger said:

I was unconvinced by his first few outings but he is starting to look the part.

Showing ever increasing glimpses of why somebody paid £35m for him. His touch and control is a level above almost everyone in the SPFL. Still needs to be more effective though.

I'm just not sure where to play him. It's clear he is quality and will only improve with minutes on the park.

That will come. I reckon he is just getting started.

1 hour ago, johanhentze said:

That will come. I reckon he is just getting started.

He has the lot ability wise. When he really gets into his stride he is gonna be some asset. A player who is a step up from just about everyone else in this league, genuine class. Enjoy him while he is here and hopefully he helps us win this league.

On 07/02/2024 at 12:43, maverick1200 said:

Big Phil said it was planned to start Dressers because of the physicality of their centre backs. Dressers was to tire them out and Silva could then exploit it when he came on. Which worked perfectly. 

It's brilliant squad management. 

The big man tires me out just watching him so the centre halfs must have been knackered.

22 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

He’s spoken highly of the development he’s seen so far in his own game and the manager has said it too…….a full 12 months at a club expected to win every game, large fan base, European football would serve him well in the long run.

What's  not to like 👏

On 08/02/2024 at 08:19, KeyserSoze said:

I’m not telling anyone but you this ok, I looked at Cortes and thought he looks clumsy and should be playing with our unders for a time.  
I then seen Diamonde’s cameo and thought ooft he looks decent. 
I might get the usual slaughtering so keep it between us 👍

I actually agree. I’ve got a bad vibe from what I’ve seen. 

Happy to be proven wrong but I suspect the ball roll he does with his right foot will eventually cause us all to have an anger stroke. 

I'd definitely start him against Ayr.

He needs to get match fit for the upcoming important league games.

Wouldn't play him the whole 90 mins though as wouldn't want to risk him getting injured against them.

60-70 mins then sub Dessers on imo.

32 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Silva could be our POTY

He's special, we just need to get support around him, quality passes to him, and play him where he can best hurt teams.

Too early to even imagine that mate.

Not often a January signing wins POTY either.

He has settled in well, and is obviously a quality player. I just worry that his short time here won't be long enough to make an impact.

1 hour ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Too early to even imagine that mate.

Not often a January signing wins POTY either.

He has settled in well, and is obviously a quality player. I just worry that his short time here won't be long enough to make an impact.

I'm talking potential. I reckon hes the real deal.

Very few other thanLundstram  and Butland have done enough to suggest they've been great 1st half of the season.

1 hour ago, born a blue nose said:

That's a wild take, he's done nothing so far 

Only Butland and Lundstram for me have really performed 1st half of season. Sima and Tav for goal returns but I don't think they've actually played great on the whole.

I'm seeing great movement, drive, etc in Silva and see him ready to deliver a £35m valuation destroying scottish football. I think he could be the best forward in the league til summer if we do well by him. If we do he'll nail poty.

8 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'm talking potential. I reckon hes the real deal.

Very few other thanLundstram  and Butland have done enough to suggest they've been great 1st half of the season.

Take it you have had a few beers. Yes or no?

He has scored 1 goal so far mate!

Tidy player but player of the season???

Are you Silva's agent?

Just now, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Take it you have had a few beers. He has scored 1 goals mate!

Either that or you are Silva's agent.

Mate I'm giving a gut feeling on something decided in May based on what I've seen of him in less than a month. But I'm genuine, I think he's got it all.

Hang me in June rather than slate me for calling it in February 😁