Silva

10 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

Big Phil said it was planned to start Dressers because of the physicality of their centre backs. Dressers was to tire them out and Silva could then exploit it when he came on. Which worked perfectly. 

It's brilliant squad management. 

Same against Ayr imo

Thought Silva was fantastic last night a real shame that he flashed that chance just wide after beating the last defender it would’ve been a very classy goal 

Know we have no hope in hell of ever buying him but hopefully enjoys his time here, keeps developing and we can get a season long loan for next season 

16 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

Big Phil said it was planned to start Dressers because of the physicality of their centre backs. Dressers was to tire them out and Silva could then exploit it when he came on. Which worked perfectly. 

I thought Dessers was excellent in his o/all play last night. Put in a serious shift and went toe to toe with the centre halves.

14 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Don't know why but Dressers does my nut in. I know it's auto correct but cmon to fuck 

Twice as well :lol:

Funny thing is it pisses me off too, and now I'm doing it. 

11 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

Its a sound tactic but I dont think Dessers does enough to trouble any defence running them ragged is one thing but in the main  your runs have to be unpredictable, pulling them all over the shop and being more cute in the physical tussles at set pieces.

in a lot of games our set pieces are sometimes poor in delivery where it should be more varied in a near or far post target from a cross or free kick that then for me gives our forwards the chance to run them ragged where a dead ball shot becomes another option albeit it has been used to good effect but could be a real asset if we use our co ordinated approach to a set piece involving dessers eg working his arse off in that situation more often allied with tav ,lawrence and or  lundstram make a snap decision to deadball it instead we catch them cold .

Everything the opposition try against us we should be demanding of our players becoming more proficient in front of goal bei it a header or simple tap in or if the chance presents itself on the edge or inside the box smash it home .

2 hours ago, GA1972 said:

Thought Silva was fantastic last night a real shame that he flashed that chance just wide after beating the last defender it would’ve been a very classy goal 

Know we have no hope in hell of ever buying him but hopefully enjoys his time here, keeps developing and we can get a season long loan for next season 

His dad did interview with Glasgow times the other day and says they wouldn't rule a loan move next season. 

8 minutes ago, ShaneRalfRoss said:

His dad did interview with Glasgow times the other day and says they wouldn't rule a loan move next season. 

He’s spoken highly of the development he’s seen so far in his own game and the manager has said it too…….a full 12 months at a club expected to win every game, large fan base, European football would serve him well in the long run.

3 hours ago, maverick1200 said:

Dessers did next to nothing though.   He's so bad he doesn't need marked.

It's weird, when you watch enough football in your life within a few minutes of seeing a player you just instinctively know if he's good without any overwhelming evidence.

It was the same with Tillman last year. Good players just have something about them that, even early doors, make them stand out.

Silva definitely has those qualities. Excited to see him grow into the team.

30 minutes ago, SonicWill said:

It's weird, when you watch enough football in your life within a few minutes of seeing a player you just instinctively know if he's good without any overwhelming evidence.

It was the same with Tillman last year. Good players just have something about them that, even early doors, make them stand out.

What did you think of Dessers?

13 hours ago, SonicWill said:

I’m not telling anyone but you this ok, I looked at Cortes and thought he looks clumsy and should be playing with our unders for a time.  
I then seen Diamonde’s cameo and thought ooft he looks decent. 
I might get the usual slaughtering so keep it between us 👍

16 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Dessers did next to nothing though.   He's so bad he doesn't need marked.

Not the case, his movement is good (hence why he keeps getting chances even if he fluffs a fair few) and his hold up play against Aberdeen was good. 

There’s a reason why he tires around 70 odd minutes and then when Silva comes in there’s loads of room to run into. Defenders have to follow him constantly and his pressing helps us as well. 

Never going to be worth the money we paid for him, but if we’d signed him for £2million and had a first choice number 9, we’d all be fairly happy with him. 

14 hours ago, SonicWill said:

I have to say as a support we're extraordinarily bad a first impressions of players. Far too reactionary. I've done it many times myself. 

10 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

I have to say as a support we're extraordinarily bad a first impressions of players. Far too reactionary. I've done it many times myself. 

I think the opposite. First impressions usually are correct with many of us.  Whether the player is decent or not