Silva

Silva dropping deep created space for us to score tonight.

Playing him deeper will just create the same problem against teams playing a low block for the majority of the game.

Striker in a 433 coming to be an extra man to retrieve it from the cbs is a dynamic that worked, and silva played it well.

7 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I still don't understand why he didn't play against St Mirren.

If we win the league, he will have a big part to play.

I agree. Expected him to start but who knows what clement has said to him.

Horses for courses and all that. 

30 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Really hope this guy is the real deal, have my doubts tbh

I don’t, I think he clearly looks a good player.

The issue is he isn’t an out and out striker which is what we wanted, but tbf to the guy he’s literally said he isn’t that 

9 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I still don't understand why he didn't play against St Mirren.

If we win the league, he will have a big part to play.

Might have had a niggle or a bug, or PC might have just looked at the conditions and went it’s not for him.

The fact that we had Sterling in the Lee McCulloch left wing role probably shows he just picked a side to win the battle.

Sure he will come good. 

I thought he played well today showed good variety in his play from his attempts at goal from the touch for his overhead kick and putting swerve on the ball a few times when he went for goal.

Clements post match interview on Snyde seemed a bit strange not so much criticism but highlighting what the player needs to work on overall I thought he had a good game today.

1 minute ago, TamCoopz said:

From the man himself 

Not picking on you Tam but what is the quotenfrom him saying this? Lots of people have said this on here but what is the quote or preferably link to the interview?

He has played centre forward for most of his career so far and it's the only position Clement has played him in a Rangers shirt. 

3 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Why do people keep saying he’s not an “out and out striker” 

what’s the evidence?

It’s complete bollocks. What he said was he’s not a traditional no.9 in terms of just standing upfront waiting on crosses/passes for opportunities on goal. He basically stated he likes to be involved in all aspects of the play. Meaning he can do it all. He’s definitely a striker and a good one at that. A worrying number of people on this forum have no idea about football. Absolutely clueless. Does my head in 

2 minutes ago, Blues Brother said:

It’s complete bollocks. What he said was he’s not a traditional no.9 in terms of just standing upfront waiting on crosses/passes for opportunities on goal. He basically stated he likes to be involved in all aspects of the play. Meaning he can do it all. He’s definitely a striker and a good one at that. A worrying number of people on this forum have no idea about football. Absolutely clueless. Does my head in 

:lol: 

One day we all hope to have your wisdom

7 minutes ago, Blues Brother said:

You know nothing