***** The Official Benfica v Rangers Europa League Round of 16 Match Thread *****

Just now, ianb1547 said:

got to say, the pen was 100%....... made his body wider.

What I'd give for a ticket next week.....haven't been abl to travel for a wee while.... but guess Im in a queue of 100's

You're 100 percent wrong but. If the ball comes off another body part onto the hand it's not a penalty.

Thursday nights doing ourselves and the nation proud again.

Up against ot but whole different game back at Ibrox.

Let's get these cunts fired out! Really unlikeable squad a shit haircut diving fucking wee lassies.

3 minutes ago, bam74 said:

Hopefully won't know whats hit them based on that atmosphere tonight. Piss poor turnout from their fand tonight. We get the first goal I fancy us to do them.

Couldn't have put it better myself, their fans were pish tonight.  Ibrox will rattle them :crabflute:

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I’m not sure why that handball counts. He heads it onto himself, think it’s completely different if it’s just straight off his arm

Thats what I thought as well, but from the angle the ref was using (the angle that was on my screen when the ref was at the screen) was from behind Souttar, so it didnt look like he connected with his head. Definitely looked like it was body to had for me. 

3 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Lets us down season after season in pressured situations. 

Don't mean to be coming across as overly negative about tonight because I think it's a great result and I can't wait for next Thursday. But time and time again this guy lets us down when the pressure is on. We need better

He's been decent but you can always put yer hat on him throwing one in when it really matters.

8 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

That Goldson header is absolutely fucking criminal when you watch it back. He really struggles in pressure moments I think. 

His heading at both ends of the park is generally abysmal, the ball always seems to come off his head at the strangest of angles, even when he's facing straight on its a lottery which direction it will fly off.

4 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Lets us down season after season in pressured situations. 

Don't mean to be coming across as overly negative about tonight because I think it's a great result and I can't wait for next Thursday. But time and time again this guy lets us down when the pressure is on. We need better

He's in the middle of the best defence in the league and was at the centre of what took us to the Europa League final too.

11 minutes ago, RossS1873 said:

Goldson scoring a peach of a header into his own net after the amount of attacking garbage he serves up would make you cry if it wasn't so ridiculous 

Has the ability to score great own goals with headers....I wish it was the other way around. He's had ta few good chances in the last few league games and couldn't hit a barn door,