***** The Official Hibernian v Rangers Scottish Cup Quarter Final Match Thread *****

3 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

All of which is knuckle dragger behaviour... their fans are junky pricks.... as a club they are pretty unlikeable too... none of which means that we need to lower ourselves to that.... I remember having these discussions years ago on here... we set the standards... 

Maybe a bit dramatic, but Martin Boyle could have died last night, its not unprecedented.... just doesnt sit well with me that we are singing die you soap dodgers bastard as he is being stretchered off.... 

How many games do you get to a season and were you there last night?

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

How many games do you get to a season and were you there last night?

Almost none.... No... I guess that precludes me from having an opinion

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Don’t listen to him mate, our own manager recently said even the fans that don’t make games that he meets on the streets are true diehards too

The best sarcasm is the sarcasm that might not be sarcasm 

14 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

All of which is knuckle dragger behaviour... their fans are junky pricks.... as a club they are pretty unlikeable too... none of which means that we need to lower ourselves to that.... I remember having these discussions years ago on here... we set the standards... 

Maybe a bit dramatic, but Martin Boyle could have died last night, its not unprecedented.... just doesnt sit well with me that we are singing die you soap dodgers bastard as he is being stretchered off.... 

the song was glory glory what a hell of a way to die.

not “die ya fenian bastard”

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Another armchair supporter speaks.

Yes? I said only last night I was loving the singsong coming through my tv with the fire lit 

I don’t think standing in the cold is very enjoyable and going by your frequent posts in match threads you don’t either 

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

Yes? I said only last night I was loving the singsong coming through my tv with the fire lit 

I don’t think standing in the cold is very enjoyable and going by your frequent posts in match threads you don’t either 

Hoped for a better bite tbh 👎

25 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

They've celebrated "lizzie in a box", attacked our players, rampaged at Hampden, flung bottles at our players and recently a corkscrew at Shankland. Their players for years have tried to seriously hurt ours.

Forgive me for not giving a fuck about them or their players. No moral high ground needed.

The moral high ground is a fuckin myth in this cesspit.

4 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

wanted to sleep on this and I feel the same today, so here goes.

Last night was not sport. It was a rigged contest, a waste of everyone's time & money. The SFA will only act when there is a full blown crisis (and not before). They are equal parts complacent & complicit.

So here's my 2 point plan

1) I'd support Hibs in announcing we will withdraw from next years Scottish Cup, as the officiating makes it a rigged competition. Its our 150th year next year but we need to use our voice to plunge the cosy governing body into crisis, or else nothing changes.

2. I would support Hibs directors, writing to Rangers directors & the SFA, to say that the Rangers supports behaviour is unacceptable to such a serious degree that in future Rangers directors are now on notice - Rangers directors will be held personally responsible & liable to prosecution if there are any sectarian chants from their support, in our 21st century European home.
It is an extension of the principle of clubs being fined for "failure to control their staff"
Hold Rangers directors personally liable. Prosecute them when it happens 
Clean the extremist element out of our gane & out of our city

Create a crisis by withdrawing from next years tournament on grounds we have no confidence in the integrity of the officiating - a rigged sport.

And be the change we all want to see

Hibsnet :lol: 

Hope he starts a petition so we can back his ideas

1 hour ago, Bakbear said:

Controversial opinion here but in all this maelstrom of sinister propaganda to make all things Rangers negative. I would prefer if we found a wee bit of moral high ground and avoid singing celebratory songs at a seriously injured player.  

The stretcher carriers shouldn't have been provoking the Rangers end by taking him off in front of us

4 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Last night was not sport. It was a rigged contest, a waste of everyone's time & money. The SFA will only act when there is a full blown crisis (and not before). They are equal parts complacent & complicit.

1) I'd support Hibs in announcing we will withdraw from next years Scottish Cup, as the officiating makes it a rigged competition. Its our 150th year next year but we need to use our voice to plunge the cosy governing body into crisis, or else nothing changes.

2. I would support Hibs directors, writing to Rangers directors & the SFA, to say that the Rangers supports behaviour is unacceptable to such a serious degree that in future Rangers directors are now on notice - Rangers directors will be held personally responsible & liable to prosecution if there are any sectarian chants from their support, in our 21st century European home.
It is an extension of the principle of clubs being fined for "failure to control their staff"

Create a crisis by withdrawing from next years tournament on grounds we have no confidence in the integrity of the officiating - a rigged sport.

And this highlights the problem when folk say every team thinks they're cheated by refs. This shows utter delusion and like with many pundits a lack of knowledge of the rules leading to thinking correct decisions are wrong.

7 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Create a crisis by withdrawing from next year’s competition :lol:

What sort of final will we have without Hibs in it 

Is it just me or are the accusations and conspiracy claims becoming all the more louder and shrill with every passing positive Rangers result, especially as we are now in the business end of the season and showing no real signs of letting up despite the crippling injury situation? Yet again we have the opposition manager trying to defend the indefensible and we even have failed Snatsi politician Blowhard Blackford weighing in with his tuppence worth this morning. The screaming and wailing is of course only going to get even more intense if we stay top of the league and get to the SC Final, and while it is fun to point and snigger at these lunatics, there is the slight worry that all of this pressure they are bringing to bear will end up costing us.